Old 01-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #1381  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Nance....I merely mentioned you in my big daddy post...but wanted to tell you that I think you are awesome!!! YOu will do FINE tomorrow. I ALWAYS drink lots of water while dining out. I would eat lite tomorrow, but not too lite. If I save too many foods for the evening, and I am feeling hungry throughout the day.........I tend to overdo it when I finally get to eat, and when you are out, it tastes so much better. Just remember, everything in moderation....you will do just fine

And Martha.........you look soooo GREAT! Really.......you are just gorgeous!!! I am going to have to check out that article too........we all should, I think

ok, goodnight for real this time
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #1382  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Height: 5'3"

Hey Nicole,
Thanks for responding to my post about the pudding. That is too weird that both of us decided to make the same thing!! I'm going to the COD tomorrow for WI so I'll go write myself a post-it right now to remember to ask. Butt isn't the butterscotch pudding sooooooooo good???
Well, it's late, nite all, see ya tomorrow!
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #1383  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

thanks Nicole.....you do look super..and are very motivated. and very motivating to us also......lots of water will help..with me manana.....gracias
nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:05 AM   #1384  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Ulanda- You can go on the website and click on the contact us link, but I sent them an email about the counts in the newsletter and haven't heard word one from them. I would call the customer service number and talk to a real person. 1-877-LA-HELP-1. I have heard a lot of good responses from the people that have called that number.

Joni- You and Charlie are in my prayers. And if it is cancer, maybe they caught it soon enough to do surgery and take care of it, better yet, it's not cancer and just something simple.

JM- LOVE the room. So colorful and cheery!

Dan- Don't worry too much about the gain. There are so many things that could have caused it. I used to let it bother me, but not anymore. I'll get there when I get there and I am making myself healthier every day on my journey.

Pearl- That is so awesome about your raise and promotion already. I am glad that you are enjoying your new job.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 AM   #1385  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Sask…….you naughty naughty boy!!! We all have our moments………it’s good you are back. That is wonderful that you will beable to be closer to your daughter. Daughter’s need their daddies. Have you ever heard the John Mayer song, “Father’s be good to your daughters?” Ok, it may be titled different than that……and you have all probably heard it before……..but it is worth really paying attention to.
Thanks for setting me straight! lol No, I never heard that song by John Mayer...I'm downloading it now (never thought I'd download one of his songs...lol).

As for daughters needing their daddies...i have to say, when she moved from New Brunswick to BC, it was the hardest day of my life. Me and my daughter were very close...i taught her to ride a bike, swim, skate, etc. Now that she's going on 13, i'm finding she's drifting away...too much enfluence from her mom (her mom's psycho by the way...lol...sorry, she lacks common sense, ambition, etc, etc...). I fought very hard to get this posting...we need it to get that bond back. Plus, i want to have some input into her daily life...at least this new posting will allow me to see her every other weekend instead of summers and xmas's. I was originally asking for Trenton, which is where she is, but Kingston is better simply because I'm able to see her more often and I'm far enough away from her mother that she can't torture me!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:14 AM   #1386  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyW View Post
Evening all,

And to everyone else, have a better POP week. Keep giving dan some encouragement as I am. He is really bummed about this gain. Time to get the kids in showers and homework done. Talk to you all later.

Liz
Thanks Hon...

Well, I bit the bullet today and stayed mostly pop... I had probably an "iffy" choice for dinner tonight at my YMCA Board meeting.. It was a beef sandwich with cheese and tomato.. But it was on grilled bread... Not too bad, but I did the bad thing and ate some of the fries that came with it..

Then again, if I'm gaining weight by staying POP, then maybe one night of something other than I should have to shock my body into submission..

Oh well... We'll see tomorrow at WI...If I get up enough courage...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 AM   #1387  
FBD/8-18-08

Wow - you guys are BUSY!!! As you can see, I got up early before work today (don't ask my why my eyes opened at 4:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep but I figured it must be because I needed to come here!)

WARNING: Spiritual discussion following - skip to Nicole if it will offend you!

Joni - My prayers are with you and Charlie. Let me say this to you honey, EVEN if it is cancer - God is bigger than cancer! So no matter what the diagnosis is, do NOT take it as a death sentence!!!! NO WAY!!! You take it as instructions on how to pray! Nothing more than an opportunity for God to be God and prove Himself once again. Be strong - because it's times like this that our faith has to kick into overdrive and we can't let doubt and fear enter into our thoughts. So with that, I'm believing for a COMPLETE recovery, nothing less, 100%, and we'll ALL know WHO intervened. God will meet us where our faith is. He's proven it to me time after time. So keep YOUR health up to par, because it may not be easy, and Charlie will need you. He'll pull on YOUR strength, YOUR love, and he'll rest easy with you. No doubt! No fear!
Luv ya girlfriend!

Nicole - You are such a doll baby! And believe me, I wouldn't be back in the work force if it wasn't $ necessary. It is cool though, the affect it's having on my boys. YDS is stepping up to the plate like a man and taking over the chores I leave here for him in addition to his home schooling. He's really maturing quickly in this. Last night, ODS said, "It's gonna be weird waking up and you're not here in the morning". I almost cried at how sweet that was! He's so precious!
Just this morning, I realized that I've never worked a job where I was hourly and still got paid for eating lunch/dinner, or whatever. So, actually, they are paying me when I have my LAWL breakfast/lunch/dinner - which ever shift I'm on. Now that seems like an NSV to me!!!
Also, when they hired ODS and I, I mentioned to my trainer/friend and her boss that they needed to be prepared because our Pastor teaches us to pray for our employers and their businesses. We speak prosperity over them, success over them, and blessings to all that work there.
Well, Sunday I got a call from my trainer/friend laughing and telling me that Saturday night they broke every record they had!!!! AND they were long standing records of several years! Bowling, Snack Bar, and even the Lounge!!! And both managers on duty said, "Well, we hired Pearl and Josh, so that explains it"!!! OMG, I still have to smile!
Well, gotta go get ready for work. (I wasn't planning on having so much time!)
Hugs,
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #1388  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all...got a quick question; I've seen it somewhere before, but can't remember where...where can I find the list that defines all the acronyms everyone uses? You know, things like "pop", "dh", etc...You guys post way too many threads for me to keep up with and having to sit there like an idiot trying to figure out "what does pop mean?" isn't helping...lol...thanks!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #1389  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Sask, or is it Jason? Why do I think you are a Jason? The list is in the Sticky above for the Newbies to the LAWL area...

POP - Perfect On Plan
OP - On Plan
DH - Dear Husband
DW - Dear Wife
DS & DD - Dear Son, or Daughter

are some examples...

Last edited by LittleBlueCat; 01-24-2007 at 08:44 AM.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #1390  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Julie - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the nursery! Great job on painting the flowers - they're so cheery! Just by the pictures I have seen of your cats so far, they seem like they are pieces of work! It's like they're on that rug thinking... "there must be a bug to chase here somewhere.."

Rhonda - I'm tanning right now (for my trip... 3 WEEKS! ) and let me tell ya, nothing better than coming in from 10 degrees and laying down in the fake sun for a few minutes.

Ulanda - hope someone from LAWL answers you soon, I've never contacted them. When does your treadmill get in?

Jason - Congrats on the new posting. It is almost impossible to stay OP when travelling, don;t sweat it.

Barb - Definitely try the asian pear, it was good. I'm becoming better friends with my treadmill lately, I find that the time goes pretty quickly now. I'm not a runner yet, sort of a loper, but I'm getting there!

Lizzy - keep at it with Curves, once you start to see some results, you'll be thrilled!

Nance - Your initial strategy for the dinner seems good, try not to get to a starvation point before dinner. Try the things that look good, pass on those that don't. Up your water intake all day today and tomorrow. You'll be fine. Life is all about choices - so make some good ones! (and have FUN!)

Debbie - YAY on your POP days. I tried the spaghetti pie too, and it was good, but I don't think that I will bother with them, unless I don' have the starch to spare.

Dan - no fair gaining while POP! That's just so wrong. I'm sorry that you've experienced the "pain". Stick to it, don't let the evil scales win.

Pearl - I cannot express how happy I am that this job is working out for you, both monetarily AND spiritually. Often we get one but not the other. As I've said in the past, they are very lucky to have you.

I'm beginning to wonder about the slimfasts now, too. After doing the challenge and having real food for 2 days, I'm back down the little bit I had gained.... odd. We are going to NYC for the weekend for BIL's 50th, so I will probably still do the shakes cuz I can bring them with me and have for b-fast, but I'm not sure that this challenge wasn't just to sell their products (none of which I bought).
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #1391  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

1st--for those having ANY trouble with COD's, I'm with Deb--call them. I have called a couple times and always got quick results--both times a call from the regional manager. E-mails are too easy to delete!

Nicole--trust me--even English teachers make mistakes--very humbling when a classroom full of 16 year olds have to point it out!

Hi to all! Have I mentioned lately that I kinda hate my job?? oh well--hopefully only 4 more months then something will come up for me in the Fall.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #1392  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

(((Joni))) I'll be praying for your pup, too!

JM, LOVE the room! Though, personally, I SO would have left the little paw prints on the floor. How cute is that?? Hee! (*idea* - let your cat create some "art" that you can frame!!)

Jason, that's great news that you'll be closer to your daughter!

Nance: the Italian meal...you said that everyone enjoys a set meal...did you mean your meal will already be decided for you, or do you mean that you get to choose from the menu but just don't want to make special requests? I went to Olive Garden a couple of weeks ago and had the Shrimp Primavera, and didn't eat all of the pasta. Didn't gain anything from that meal. Maybe you can find something similar? Look for red sauces, lots of veggies, little cheese, and go for shrimp or chicken if you can. All of which I'm sure you know, but it's good to have a reminder sometimes. Good luck!

I'm practicing for our "no-sclae" challenge...didn't get on the scale at all yesterday, and I SURVIVED! Hah! 'Course, I got on it today and found no changes, but at least it didn't go up. Will go to the COD for an official WI today to make sure. Funny how that silly thing has such power.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:17 AM   #1393  
LAWL Salt Police

Good morning all.. Just a quick check in before I head out for my WI... sigh...

I joined "QuickGym" yesterday.. It's a place that specializes in 10 minute workouts on this contraption that looks like a cross between a rowing machine and a stationary bike (with a stairmaster on the back)... I had read about it in the local newspaper and was, of course, very skeptical.. I mean c'mon.. A 10 minute workout..

Well, I tried the machine last night and I gotta tell you, it kicked my a**... My stomach is way sore this morning.. I joined for a month to see how it goes.. They also do regular body fat measurements and weigh in's.. They have a diet program, but do not push it.. The associate there said that if I'm happy with what I'm doing, then I should stick to it.. Kind of refreshing actually..

This is not a workout to build bulk, but to decrease fat and help tone.. I figure that once I hit my goal, I'm going to need some serious toning, but I don't wan't to end up looking like "Da Terminata"...

Wish me luck!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #1394  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Kim.......isn't weird about slimfast? I know it could totally be a coincidence, but it just seems so wierd. Glad your scale was good to you today. I did not step on mine this morning, cuz I am pretty sure the toasted ravioli I ate last ngiht would have shown up....LOL. Oh well. Like Megan, I am practicing for the no sclae challenge I hope everyone is having a POP day. I almost thougth about acting like a lunatic and doing, as Dan says, "an emergency TO," but I came to my senses and will wait until it is time (tue and wed). Ok, have to go get 2 yo DS before he dumps anything else out today. 1 box of cheerios is enough for one morning
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #1395  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hi All, just wanted to post that I am watching you guys, just do not have much to say- I am doing my own no scale challenge- I have weighed in once a week and there has been absolutely no change-but I have not been working the plan either, at least I feel better daily because I am not playing those games in my mind
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote