Old 01-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #1351  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Evette......I eat the mini's a lot.......I think your math is correct I usually eat 5, but I buy the ranch kind, and they are a tiny bit higher in calories
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #1352  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

And Pearl.......we are so NOT tired of hearing about your new job. I am thrilled for you. I think change is good. I cannot imagine you as anything BUT manager. Some people are natural born leaders................people like you. Congrats, girlie girl!!!
p.s. plus, I can live vicariously through you.......I won't be getting any type of job or finishing school for a few more years. I am not complaining.......I love being home with my kids.....but every now and then, I get a hankerin for some grown up activities. So, do tell, all about it
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #1353  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Nicole. I eat tuna too, usually the kind in the foil pouch instead of canned, no draining and it tastes better to me.I take it to work with me, just cut the top off the pouch and eat it with a fork. Who'd have ever thunk that I could eat tuna without it being smothered in mayo! I'm learning the less I add to things the more I enjoy what its really supposed to taste like! Same with my salads. I used to drown them in dressing. The things we learn when we just give them a try!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #1354  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, Nicole, for the tip on rinsing tuna. I really never thought to do that.
Congrats to TBL teams; you are all doing great.
Pearl - great news on the raise and promotion!
Okay, after all my happiness last week, I have to tell you the news on my furkid (5 year old male, boxer dog) was not good. Say a prayer for Charlie as it looks like all the signs of cancer. He's actually at the vet now for 3 days of IV treatment to see if that will help his elevated calcium levels (elevated calcium levels typically indicate lymphoma). DH is a basket case as well. And just like when I went through an ugly divorce 10 years ago, I have no appetite. I choked down my salad/chicken nuggets (Morningstar). My focus the next couple days will probably not be on being POP, but I promise to take good care of myself so I can be there for Charlie - he needs me!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #1355  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joni--I am so sorry to hear about Charlie--we can pray and hope for the best. Regretfully, we lost our cocker of 15 years to lymphoma--on my birthday no less. I hate that yours is just so young. I hope they find it's something else--something treatable.

Hi to ALL--been pretty busy (in the office!) but got a kid this afternoon for a couple days so I will be around a lot more over the next few days. We are still any icy/slughy mess around here. Mounds of snow stacked everywhere and lethal looking icicles just waiting for me--lol. The girls loved playing over the weekend (little former desert rats)--I stayed by the fireplace all weekend. I love being told to STAY home unless it's an emergency. OK--off to PE--yeah--still playing volleyball!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #1356  
Kim - IP 9/10

Joni - I'm so sorry about your baby - I'm hoping and praying that there is something different wrong with him and he makes an amazing recovery.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #1357  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys! I'm sorry so many of you are feeling the winter blahs . . . I can't really relate right now cuz, needless to say, I'm still emotionally flying high. I don't think I've stopped smiling for the last 3 weeks. If you need a shot of spring-check out the pics of the nursery in the making on my blog!

Diet wise-everything's going pretty well. I've been too busy to binge!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #1358  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Rhonda and Nicole: Thanks for the help gals!

Awwww Joni: I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I'm sure Charlie wouldn't want you to get sick over him, so please try and eat......Take Care of each other!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #1359  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Joni- I am sorry to hear about Charlie. I know how it feels. The furry guys really are like kids. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #1360  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Joni, so sorry to hear about your furbaby... I know what it's like, now that I only have my furry one since my human ones have flown the coop!
I don't know what I'd do without her.

You are both in our prayers.
Hugs, Jenn and Licks, Tessa
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #1361  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Joni-I'm so sorry about Charlie. We went through that with our family dog. I hope never to have to go through it again with my kitties-they'll just have to outlive me!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #1362  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Thanks, everyone for the kind words.

Juliemarie - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the nursery. Great job. I'm so happy for you.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #1363  
LAWL since October, 2006

Joni - I, too am hoping that your Charlie has something else wrong, and that the vet is mistaken...

JM - You sure have been busy! I love the rug.

Evette - Your new pic is beautiful.

Nicole - I wouldn't have thought to rinse the tuna - definately makes sense!

I think I'm going to start tanning. It's supposed to be good for the psyche. Maybe the lack of sunshine here is what's causing havoc with my moods. I'm so grumpy I can't even stand myself!! LOL (it hasn't gotten THAT bad... )
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #1364  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Joni..cyber hugs to you and furbaby..keep the faith!

Julie Marie.. my fav flower is a gerb daisy so if Josie doesn't like the room I'd like to move in.

Nicole..thanks for missing me! I'm heading to Kim's so jump on a plane.. wait that would be a DANGEROUS reunion!

Pearl..way to go on the job.. pretty impressive for a week.. must be your calling! That and being a mom, a partner to Sugar Honey Love Bear, motivational speaker, soul searcher and of course our guru on this board!

Rhonda.. it must be the lack of sun.. I'm going to go sit in front of my desk lamp just to get some rays.. or move to Cassi's neck of the woods!

Lea Ann, Evette, Deb happy to see you all!

I'm doing okay, had a super busy week teaching my classes, night school last night etc. Still was up over the weekend from my Slimfast.. am I some kind of freaky anamoly? Who GAINS on the stuff? But I've been POP and resisted cocktails on Jaimie's bday celebrations and during football playoffs so still doing the slim down challenge but going to pass on the Slimfast as it seems to set me up on a Fatfast challenge instead!
Will be at WI tomorrow and hope to see the loss of these protein shakes so I can have a good week at WI.. Nicole love your No Sclae challenge...I'll see what I can do.. I'm far too obsessed with that dang machine and would like to send it flying... to the far corners of the world. DUCK EVERYONE!

As for our CODs..when we are close to goal I propose we fire all the counsellors..except for the good ones.. form our own head office and we'll show people how to do it properly!

Barb and Ulanda..hang in there.. YOU make it work not COD..they are paid for it and you have to live it!

Hope you are all well and should be around more tomorrow to catch up!

LOVE YOU ALL!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #1365  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Hey guys, just a question about FF/SF Pudding. I made the Jello brand butterscotch here at home with skim milk. But I'm not sure as to what to count it as... Help anyone, I've tried searching but I'm not getting too far with that. LOL
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote