Old 01-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #1306  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Just have time for a quick HELLO!! Whew - missed a lot this weekend! But, as the saying goes...the funk rolls downhill and I wasn't on my best behavior this weekend either. I actually ate BEEF!! Only up .4 today and I have a big sweater on so lots of lemon water tonight should take care of it.

WTG BARB!!! Wooohoooo!!

I'll catch up later....just keep reading Pearls awesome post over and over....we'll be OK!
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:49 PM   #1307  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Joni......I hope your Charlie gets better soon
And I about died laughing when you referred to my Sclae challenge. I am quite excited about the Bears myself. Remember the 1986 Bears? The superbowl shuffle???? PRICELESS. I wonder if the video is on Utube? I bet it is now Now, we all know that the Bears and the Greenbay Packers are arch enemies......but I grew up 30 miles from Chicago, so the fans are about half and half where I come from. I LOVED Walter Payton........so I can't help but be happy for the Bears. Did you see Chris Doughtery sing the national anthem........it gave me the chills. I really thought he or the dark haired girl should have won AI last year. Oh, I also love to watch Peyton Manning play Ok, enough about football. I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! Next year, I am going to watch it faithfully again. This year it was just one more thing on the to do list with the kids being so little and all.

I just popped online to see if any new recipes inspire me for dinner, and I do have to ask..........what's up with beef? I eat beef whenever I want. Now, my last couple of weeks don't show a net loss, as it has taken me since New Years to lose my holiday weight (6 pounds), but previous to that.......I ate beef for dinner at least once a week, sometimes twice. Is there something about beef that I don't know???? My COD seemed amazed that I eat beef often and still lose weight. Isn't the bottom line calories consumer vs. calories burned????

Cassi........I hope you are feeling ok. Did you have your Dr. appt today? We miss you

K, gotta figure out what the heck I am making for dinner.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #1308  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

p.s........"where's the beef?" I just couldn't resist......LOL
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #1309  
Loretta (LAWL)

S/C/G: 253/243/175

hello everyone, went to the center today and had lost 4.8 more lbs, great, the counsler still fusing because i am not getting all my food in but i'm losing.
I am glad i found all of you, i need the support.
bbsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #1310  

Hey everyone,

I am not going to even try to read all the past post!!! Look people..angie is back!!! I missed you so much girlfriend!

I have just been sooo busy! Trying to lose weight, be a student, wife and still work is sooo hard!!! But hey, someones gotta do it right!

Here are wishes to all for a great week!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #1311  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Mama Nicole - I think the big issue with beef is that it takes much longer to digest so it does not pass through as quickly if you know what I mean
The other issue is that it ususally has a higher fat content except for the very lean cuts which don't tend to taste as good. You might try a couple of weeks with no red meat at all - just white meat chicken, turkey and fish. See if that bounces you.
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #1312  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

OK. Went to COD today, as I always do on Mondays. And to my greatest amazement, they had a new gal. I know, I know, you chicks talked about new people every other day at your CODs all the time, but honestly, this is the first time I ran into a new gal at my COD since I started last September. Now she had me mark in my planner everything I liked to eat. I hated that. I'm the kind of person who's well read book looks brand new five years down the road. And then proceeded to tell me of all the combination of foods I can have. I KNOW all THAT!! A quick trip that usually takes 5 minutes or so, took... 30 minutes!! Yes, I nodded, Morton Lite Salt is important, yes, mixing up food is important, yes, measuring portions is important....yes... yes... yes... I just hope she won't be there Friday...

Sorry for the I actually feel bad for complaining about my COD. I loved all the gals that work there until now. I do know she was doing her job. Maybe it's just TOM that makes me moppy, yacky and quit disgusted...

Sure hope y'all having a better day.
By the Way: GO COLTS!! (sorry Joni)

Last edited by LittleBlueCat; 01-22-2007 at 09:29 PM.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #1313  
Loretta (LAWL)

hey it me again trying to figure out all this tucker stuff.[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/cartoonbulb01/lb/253/175/243/.png[/image][/link]
[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/cartoonbulb01/lb/253/175/243/.png[/image][/link]
Old 01-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #1314  
Loretta (LAWL)

hey cant figure it out but got to go bowling tonite will try again tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:39 PM   #1315  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Alannah - Sorry to hear about your Casey; sounds like he had a great 16 years! And I'll bet Chancy loves time spent with mommy! I can't even think about life without Charlie dog, so....'nuf said! Hope you get all your stuff with the ex cleared up soon.

Kim - Charlie enjoyed the hug, but wants to know if he can have a biscuit instead next time?

Nicole - so what's for dinner. I'm making a turkey melt, but I don't have any starches left, so it will be a turkey burger with a piece of FF swiss cheese slapped on it. I hate when I do that!

Little Blue Cat - Don't you just love it when you feel like you are training the Trainers/Counselors at the COD? Don't forget that when you go to your COD, if they have a sign in sheet you can write down the name of your preferred counselor.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #1316  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

*raises her hand*

I...still have my old LP (yes, ladies and gents, the real deal in VINYL) of the Super Bowl Shuffle, complete with little hearts drawn around Jim McMahon. When I was 15, he was HOT!!!

I am PSYCHED that da Bears made it back to the SuperBowl. I knew that SOMEDAY they'd do it again!!!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #1317  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, I am finally connected with the rest of the world at home. My internet actually works.

I can't get in for another WI until wednesday so I'll hear about that as it will have been a bit less than a week since I was there last but there was the storm here on friday and sat, the center isn't open on sundays here and then monday and tuesday I had other appts. At least I still go. I haven't been POP but I haven't been real bad either. I have been having some major cravings for a few things the last few days but so far I have held them off.

I must be in the minority here as I don't care who is in the superbowl..I just care that in a few weeks it will be over for another year. Sorry ladies...but I just can't watch football!!! Most other sports I can handle...might not thoroughly like but I can sit and watch.

Supper for me is roast beef with brown rice and a medley of veggies. That way I can take RB for lunch tomorrow too.

I'll check in later!!

Have a great night everyone.

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #1318  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Don't even get me started about the Bears. I am happy they won and all, but the hype has been so crazy the past few weeks and now it is only going to get more frenzied. I laughed when someone said you could probably find the superbowl shuffle on you tube, just turn on any tv news or radio station here and you can get it. I can not imagine what it is going to be like 2 weeks from Sunday.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #1319  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations to all of todays losers!

Nicole -- I'm so glad you asked that about beef. I thought the same thing as you. I've been eating lots of beef and losing, but I make sure it's lean, and portioned appropriately. Maybe that will change for me down the road, but I hope not. I don't eat fish or eggs, so my protein sources are limited.

BBSmom-- Good for you, another 4.8, wow!

LIbby - Just read your reply on beef, so that's it. Interesting. I just can't face an all poultry week though. I also use cheese and peanut butter as proteins now and then. Well, PB quite often actually, I use it for the 1/2 serving I need each day.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #1320  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Hi friends!

Just popping in for a quick "hi". I had a really good day today and even made the Turkey Chili for my DP(partner) and Brother. We all loved it!

I am proud of you all and hope everyone gets out of their funks soon!!!

Joni ... I am thinking of Charlie and sending positive thoughts his way.

Evette - LOVE the new avatar...you look fabuuuuuuuuuuulous.

Hugs to all!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote