Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #1156  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelina View Post
Those are cool photos, Dan.. I had to re-read your post though, I thought your post said that the inmates were used for different purposes.. as in, you send them out into the forest and then you guys try to rescue them.

No.. These guys are minimum security prisoners who we train to do the dirty work! It get's them out of "the office" for a while, and teaches them skills they can use after they do their time. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than hiring contractors to do the work..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #1157  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

where is kim.......where is cassi......oh kristen......lea ann........pearl........it's awefully quiet here.
dan.....i couldn't find your pictures......i think this site is a little difficult to navigate though........any hints for finding them???
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #1158  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Mama Nicole.. I'm here wallowing in my Friday Funk.. cleaning the house to make me feel better.. is there some hormonal surge going on in the ozone layer I don't know about!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #1159  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Wendy - FYI, chicken wings are white meat. Of course they are mostly skin but at least the meat is white. You can also make boneless chicken tenders by cutting up breast meat into chunks and coating with Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce and baking. Dip in FF ranch or blue cheese.

Nicole and Kristen - Sorry about the funk. Seems like everyone is experiencing a "market correction" this week. Hope the mood lifts soon. We need your happy, positive posts!

Dan - Is the member gallery linked from the home page?

Gotta try and plan my weekend. Best friend's birthday party Saturday night. His sister is serving pizza so I am hoping there will be a cheese or veggie one there so I can have a CC meal.

Hope everyone has a POP day!
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #1160  

Height: 5'2"

Libby - Duh! I totally forgot they were white meat, and I guess my counselor did, too. Thanks for the suggestions. I've actually been looking for Frank's sauce for my DH and haven't been able to find it in our local stores. I live in a small town and we're limited. I guess I'll have to try some of the more upscale stores near work.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #1161  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

I love Franks sauce - put it on eggs...chicken...soup...hash browns (well, not those anymore It's always by the tabasco at my grocery store. Good luck finding it. It sure can add some pop to a dish.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #1162  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Some day I'm going to get my act together and do personals, but not today. I've been watching AI too. DH and I just sit on the couch and laugh at some of those contestants. It's sad that their family and friends tell them how good they are when they obviously suck. I think some of them just do it to get their minute of fame on TV.

Anyway, I went to COD today and weighed in. I am down 2.2 pounds since Monday!!! I'm so excited! I'm off to change my ticker..
steph618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #1163  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

We are huge fans of Frank's hot sauce but be careful--it has tons of sodium. A 1 oz. serving has 840mg. Just drink your lemon water to flush the excess out.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #1164  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Nicole - I'm not really sure what the SF pudding would count as. In the LAWL program book, their chocolate pudding counts as a fruit and a starch...hopefully someone has the right answer for you. Also, I agree with Katie. Call your husband's HR person and ask if they have an EAP program. They are often overlooked by employees and can be a great benefit (usually allowing up to 5 visits or so per family member at no cost).

Momto2girls. Congrats on the loss. Hopefully you have better willpower than me. I always seem to want to eat 2 biscottis..I have a weakness for sweet and crunch (okay salty too and chocolate and alcohol and all sweets and potatoe chips and the list goes on and on and on).

Evette - I fill up my cookie sheet and call it 1V. In all honesty, how does one measure a cup of lettuce? Do you smash it in the cup or put it in loosely?

Lori - how funny - loves fire but afraid to drive on icy roads. I have to go check out Dan's pictures and see if I recognize any of my kin in orange!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #1165  

Hey everybody! Having a POP day today but I am beginning to have weekend cravings...martini, beer, etc. I am trying to be good...
Lea Ann - Now I know why I gain when eating Frank's sauce...never thought about the sodium.
Nicole - You are too funny...I always enjoy reading your antics. Have a great weekend!
Kristen - Get out of the funk...TGIF!!!
Hope everyone has a POP weekend and I'll see ya soon....
kytravelbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #1166  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

DenverChick

So, how many ounces of crab meat can you estimate for crab legs.......
I guess I would use the official LAWL Protein serving measuring standard which is 4 oz Protein = deck of cards, so you can 1.5 decks of cards worth of crab meat.

I really think it would be hard to tell; you know you get a ton of meat in one leg and then can barely get a bite out of another leg. If you follow the info below, 1 lb of crab legs would give you about 4 oz of meat.
Googling came up with:
(a) The Dungeness crab is 20-25% meat by weight, yielding both leg and body meat. The succulent white meat is highly prized for crab cocktails, pastas, pastries, sauces and salads, or can be just as exquisite simply served right out of the shell.

I say just bring your scale and report back to us your results!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #1167  
on LAWL

travelbabe--we were eating a LOT of it--and often--before we realized the sodium content! (purely by accident--boredom reading of the labels while at the table) We love it on grilled shrimp.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #1168  
on LAWL

OK--now I am hungry for buffalo shrimp and crab!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #1169  
LAWL since 9/06

Hey everyone. Well I am feeling pretty good today. I went and did my first Curves workout. THe workout was great, it was the cool down stretching that got me. As I was stretching I started getting really light headed and thought I was going to pass out. But the women there were great in helping me relax and they even got me some apple juice to get my blood sugar up. But I am not giving up on Curves. I am going to go back on Saturday and not push it so hard.

It is great hearing everyone having successes throughout the week. Let's keep it up gang.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #1170  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

I really love snow crab legs so for the sake of research (and all you other crab lovers out there) I'll smuggle it in. I'm sure as soon as I pull it out of my purse however, my husband will claim he doesn't know me

Now I just have to figure out how to resist their really nummy cheese biscuits - eek.