Old 01-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #1111  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Katie - OMG, you have your hands full!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #1112  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Cassi - Trader Joe's just came to my area and the first one they opened is about 4 miles from my house. One of the good things I really like from there is that Better N Butter peanut butter...it's really good. If there is anything you are dying for, I'd be happy to send a care package. As cheap as the $2 Chuck is, it wouldn't be cheap if we paid to ship it...so, ........

All this talk about donuts and cupcakes just led me to eating 2 chocolate biscottis (LAWL). I had never eaten the chocolate ones before, and I'm glad I only got one box because they are pretty darn good with my afternoon tea!

Katie - I know I shouldn't laugh about the antics with your children, but I am laughing and thinking of Art Linkletter (RIP) - "kids say the darndest things." I'm aging myself, but I used to love watching that show.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:39 PM   #1113  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Katie, I remember when my then 7YO DS forged (yes, actually FORGED!) his teacher's name on a paper. Good Grief! That same week he got into a fist fight on the bus (protecting someone's "honor", but still...). I was sure we were headed for Juvi. He's come around, but we still joke about my juvenile delinquent!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #1114  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

When I worked in a school, one of the teachers said that one of her kids returned to school with the envelope that they send report cards home in. The parents are supposed to sign the envelope, showing that they've seen the report card. Well, this one little kid tried to forge his mom's name, and instead of writing her actual name with any attempt to copy her style of writing, he simply wrote, "Taylor's Mom" on the line. Hah!

Nice try.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #1115  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Katie - at least they will be very adorable criminals!

Just got back from my COD - suffice it to say that my file has probably been red-flagged as 'problem client' again! There was absolutely no one in the waiting room, and I kept seeing 3 or 4 of the counselors wandering out from behind the screen, still no one takes me. 25 MINUTES later a counselor comes out and actually makes eye contact with me, I get up and she quickly says "Oh, I'm doing an intake, someone will be with you in a minute" and, well, I went off. I told them that it was ridiculous for anyone to have to wait almost a half hour when there was clearly no line in front of me, and that if they were doing intakes that they should make sure that there is at least one counselor to take care of the clients that have already paid them a lot of money! I ended up telling them that I wanted to be weighed in, that I had to get back to work and that I would be in tomorrow and wanted to talk to the manager.(PS - there was only one client joining up, since when does that take 4 counselors to do?) Brunhilda stikes again (all joking aside, this is truly the first time I've been truly pissed off at them)

At least I lost .6 since yesterday. I'm sure the rage inside of me is burning calories as we speak.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #1116  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Kim - Way to give 'em he** ! I hate it when customer service is bad. They expect you to come in 3 days a week (drop-in) to keep your contract with them. The least they can do is hold up their end of the bargain and be available. Especially when there are no others waiting.

Keep fighting the good fight.
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #1117  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

You tell 'em Kim!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #1118  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!

Well, I won't the results for my test until tomorrow morning when we go in. But then at 8:30 we have another test for a different class.

Angie - I have a hard time with pasta. 1/3 cup just seems too little to me. I try to put it in a bowl so it LOOKS like more.

LJ & Lea Ann - I agree with Cassi -- Keep posting!!

Cassi -

Ulanda - I hope you are feeling better.

Nicole - wow. what an ordeal you had yesterday. I'm glad you are ok though. I would have called DH too at work, although he is not very house handy.

Lizzy - Congrats on the WL!!

Barb - have an extra water today, or some HLW tonight. One donut is not the end of the world. You're doing great! Tomorrow is a fresh start.

Megan - WTG on your NSV!!

Lori - good to see you.

Deb - 2 oreos instead of 10 is a Victory. At least you had the self control to stop at 2. WTG!! HLW for you too for the TOM blahs.

Libby - Congrats on the loss!!

Nikki - Gotta love Simon for his honesty!!

kytravel - WTG on your loss!

Joni - have you tried the Lemon biscottie from LAWL? THOSE are good. About the chocolate ones -- my COD recommended dipping them in Peanut butter. I haven't tried that yet.

Kim - good for you for speaking up!

Hope everyone has a great POP evening!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #1119  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Go Kim, go Kim, gogogo Kim!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #1120  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Thanks chicks! I usually do not let my temper go, because I feel bad afterward. I'm starting to feel bad about getting loud. Tomorrow I will have a sane, rational conversation with the manager.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #1121  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Kim.......I'm still just thrilled that you are down another 0.6 pounds!!!! I know you were worried about a post TO gain, but you kicked some serious a**!!! WTG WTG WTG. They should NOT make you wait.

Katie....don't sweat it....my kids say stupid things all the time......most of the time, I just laugh (not usually where they can see). I figure, if I'm going to laugh about it later, why not laugh about it now. Thanks for the afternoon giggle
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #1122  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Hey all,
Just stopping by to check in, since I promised to be more active on this board. Still trying to catch up on what's been happening in everyone's lives and it's taking me a while to read all that I've missed. I'm having to go back to December around the 15th when we did our ornament exchange thingy...
Long time huh??
Anywho, WI put me down only .6 yesterday, but I'm hoping to be down a whole pound if not more at tomorrow's WI. Then comes the weekend, and we'll see if I can have a completely OP weekend for a change!!
Catch ya'll later!
Oh, and congrats to all you losers!! hehe
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #1123  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Always good to see you Jennifer!!

Kim - I have zero tolerance for wait time at the COD. Matter of fact, with few exceptions, if there is a long wait, I go weigh myself, put my weight on a piece of paper and leave it at the front counter for one of the counselors. They call that a QWI (Quick Weigh In) and at some point someone finds my chart and puts the number in. I've never had to wait, though, if there were counselors available and running around. That was just poor customer service and they should compensate you with some chocolate biscottis!!

Sherry - ohhhhhh, I'm glad I read the peanut butter idea AFTER my biscotti...that is a huge red light food for me (chocolate and peanut butter).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #1124  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Joni - PB and chocolate is my downfall. I have to watch my PB intake though, because it's one of those bulleted foods to limit!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #1125  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Dolphn - I should not post this but I can't resist after reading oreo and pb posts today and feeling a little hungry today...sorry ladies....one of my DD's favorite PMS foods is dipping oreo cookies in PB! Yum! Right now I am savoring my SF Jello.....the scale better be nice to me in the morning!
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote