Old 01-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #1096  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

OMG, Nikki, too funny! I remember her. It may be mean, but it's still funny.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #1097  

S/C/G: 223/176.0/170

I had a NSV at the gym today! I actually RAN on the treadmill for .75 of a mile out of my 3 mile walk! I found it enjoyable too-(now that is a weird statement from me )
Congrats to all the losers out there
Barb- that was unfair of them to set you up like that. I would have succumbed to the lure of donuts too.
kicker_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:25 PM   #1098  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Nikki - I remember her........ROFL.... Gotta love that Simon....honest to the point he seems mean and so d*$# funny!!!!
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #1099  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Roses are Red
Fire is hot
My slimfast taste mundane
So I've added a shot

Kassi said vodka
Deb said Kaluha would do too
I'm getting tipsy on my meal replacemnets..
How about YOU?

You are all too funny, inspiring, hilarious and supportive.
Nicole I'm changing your name from Creepy Nicole to Mama Eclectrifying!
Glad you are safe

Hope you all have a good day OP and I'm just in from work and today's is Jaimie's 2nd bday so getting ready for the grandparents to land on doorstep at 4:00 and still try to get the girls to bed on time.. yah right!
I've got a cold so even unmedicated I'm walking around in a fog like Cassi on Vicodin hanging from the rack!

xo
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #1100  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I remember scat-girl, too! How funny that you KNEW her!!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #1101  

Dang, Kristen. Busy mama today. Happy B-day to DD (and to you too)! Have a great day, and good luck getting everything done.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #1102  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Good afternoon all. Took me all morning to catch up on yesterday’s posts. That’s what I get for actually working! I was pretty thrilled I had a POP day even though all my pre-planning got thrown out the window.

I had my 1 week WI in the a.m. (down another .8 – I’ll take that) then went to visit one of my clients. He is opening his 5th nail salon and wants me to not only paint but also design it! Pretty exciting. We met with the contractor to discuss where to put walls, pedicure and manicure stations, lights, etc. then over to his supplier so I could select the pedicure massage chairs and tables. After, he wanted to have lunch – this is where the completely unplanned part comes in. My client is Vietnamese and wanted to go to the Vietnamese restaurant that is close to his supplier. What could I say? “No, I’m following this plan and I have no clue how to count rice paper, rice noodles and mung beans.” So, we went. And I am so proud of me – I stayed OP! I had some grilled chicken and beef with veggies wrapped in rice paper. I counted about ½ P, 1V, and 1S (based on what he told me the rice paper wraps are made of.) Then, when I got home, we had a visit from the water purification sales guy who just wouldn’t leave. So, dinner was very late but I still managed to stay OP and not graze like I would normally do at 7 p.m. when I haven’t eaten for hours. Needless to say, this is all a big NSV for me. I can get pretty anal and adjusting on the fly has always been a big diet downfall for me. I guess this is testament to this being a shift in behavior and lifestyle change more than a diet.

Nicole – I absolutely can’t believe you are the mother of 16 and 9 yr.olds - much less the mother of 5! You look way too young and wrinkle-free in your avatar for that! And, after reading about your day I have to say you are very lucky to have the DH you do. He sounds like a sweetie.

Angie – Seems that my loss is a little slower than yours (6 lbs. in week one) but I am hoping it keeps up. I’d be really happy with 2 per week – every week of course 

On a general note – I am sooo glad I started the plan without the Lites. After reading Wendy’s post, I’d hate to have started and then have to quit. I’m not good with ignoring cravings.

Dan – Congrats on the weight loss and the mood shift. Sometimes we just need a little confirmation that all our hard work is worth it.

Sherry – WTG on the WL!

Katie – Your day sounds like a landmine of NSVs. Congratulations. I hope you made it through the Olive Garden unscathed. You are one strong, determined chickie! I’m impressed.

Barb – Watching those auditions too. It constantly amazes me that some people can be so blind to their lack of singing talent. They must be tone deaf! I watch through my fingers and cringe for them.

BBB – Welcome. You’ll find the forum here very supportive and encouraging. When you are feeling weak – come here for a little boost.

Joni – I want to join you at the volleyball tournament. Sounds like terrific eye candy.

Megan – Great NSV. You go girl!

Lori – Glad to see you back. Rebounding from being sick sucks. I’m sure you’ll find your groove.

Deb – Big shout out to a former Coloradan. Great NSV with the Oreos – I have major love for them so stopping at 2 is a victory in my book.

Nikki – Hilarious story. I can see Simon saying that. Not nice – but veeeerrrryyy funny.

Kristen, Cassi and everyone else – great to see you here.

Here's to another POP day!
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #1103  

Finally went to COD today and was down .6 lbs. Sounds good, however, I haven't been since mid-December. Anyway, they were happy to see me, hoping I would spend money, but I didn't need anything. Counselor or whatever they are called tried to change my plan to Gold but didn't since I don't do Lites.
Cassi - Love the CAB!!! Do you have Trader Joes in Ft. Lauderdale? They have a great inexpensive wine called Charles Shaw. Very good!!! There are somethings I haven't been able to completely do without so I stil drink my wine on occasion.
Glad to see everyone on the boards...a very chatty bunch. See ya soon.
kytravelbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #1104  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I heard Trader Joe's has a wine called 2 buck chuck.........and yeah, supposedly it's only 2 bucks, and delicious. More later.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #1105  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Charles Shaw IS 2 buck chuck (Charles=Chuck, get it?). It used to be 2 bucks-now it 2.99-still cheap though!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #1106  

Nicole - 2 buck chuck is Charles Shaw. I think originally it was $2 but last time I bought in Cincinnati before Christmas it was about $3 if you bought a case...which I did. Do you have a Trader Joe's in St. Louis? I love it...we drive about 1.5 hours every couple of months just to get wine and really neat food. They have lots of diet/healthy foods.
Cassi - Where did you get your gazelle and do you like it? I need to start on something and I think it may keep my interest.
kytravelbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #1107  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytravelbabe View Post
Finally went to COD today and was down .6 lbs. Sounds good, however, I haven't been since mid-December. Anyway, they were happy to see me, hoping I would spend money, but I didn't need anything. Counselor or whatever they are called tried to change my plan to Gold but didn't since I don't do Lites.
Glad to see everyone on the boards...a very chatty bunch. See ya soon.

Sounds like a victory to me.. You made it through the holidays with only a .6 gain.. Not too shabby!!

Juliemarie, Here in Santa Fe, it's 4-Buck Chuck, so count yourself lucky! Avoid the Shiraz, however.. I found it pretty nasty... Not that I'm a wine expert...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #1108  

Sadly, there is no Trader Joe's around me. And both Whole Foods markets are 30-40 mins from my house. And they closed all the Wild Oats in the area. Thank goodness my Publix has a good selection of organic stuff. But I am really, really hoping for something to open near me. The problem is that I'm in the middle of West Palm Beach where all the development has already happened. Just north and just south of me is where all the "new" plazas are going, so I may be SOL. I may have to have someone send me a Trader Joe's care package.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #1109  

KYTravel - I got my gazelle from the HSN website. I got the mid-range one ($200). Love it! It's easy and fun, and you can make it as hard as you want. I get on it after work and watch the evening news before making dinner and the time goes by so fast.

And DS likes it too. He's 3. He likes to swing on it and has gotten pretty good. He uses one side and looks like he's snow boarding. It's too cute. He also has started using both sides "like mommy". And 14yo DD likes it too.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #1110  
Katie

Height: 5'1

So I come to work, and guess what follows me? CUPCAKES! Another freaking birthday! I did abstain, however. I am eating the baked ziti from the recipe thread for lunch right now. It is so yummy.

Libby- Great job staying OP!

Barb- Great job on the treadmill, weird how exercise makes you feel so dang good, huh?

Deb- Oooh, scary about the electricity, makes your whole body hurt, doesn't it? Once when I was a kid we were playing on my grandparents pig farm. I picked up one of those digger links (cast iron stake) and hit the electric fence with it. I thought my arm was gonna fall right off. My grandma was SO mad at me!

Lizzy- Great loss!!! Have fun at Curves, watch out Dan!!

Nikki- That AI story had me rolling. Simon is so naughty. Wonder if his own mother likes him?

Lori- Well, dangit, we need you too!

Nance- Glad Vegas was fun. How did you stay POP? Last time we went to Vegas I hit the buffets like the tazmanian devil!

Oh, BTW, I think that I may be raising future criminals. My older DD in kindergarter lied to her teacher about her bus coming today, and the school believed her and called and told me that I had to come and get her. My younger DD, who is 4, walked up to me at daycare today, and in front of everone told me that she is feeling sh*t. I said, "Don't say that word!" She says, "Why mom? I am feeling like sh*t. I am not lying!" Oh, what a day!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote