Old 01-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #1081  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there, Ulanda...your idea about moving to Blue sounds like a good one. Please let us know if it works!

Hoo boy, American Idol...yeah, I'm an addict to that. I told my DD last night that if she ever wanted to go on it and really sounded terrible, that I'd tell her so. She thanked me. Hah. I feel so bad for the kids/young adults who have been led to believe they are good enough singers to go on that show...parents should be PARENTS, and that includes breaking a little painful truth every now and then. Poor kids.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #1082  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Donut police!! LOL!

Barb - Those darn hypnotic donuts. There are girl scout cookies in the next room trying their damndest with me right now. Enjoy your slimfast and stay on the treadmill for one extra Guns-n-Roses song and all will be OK.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #1083  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh! And I had a lovely NSV last night...we went to an Italian buffet that's TO DIE FOR last night, and I did well...had a small salad plate of fruit and salad and veggies, plus a bowl of minestrone soup, and then took another small salad plate and put some roasted chicken, and chicken cacciatore on it. And that was it! No pasta, no bread, nothing fried, no desserts, no cappuccino.... I DID IT!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #1084  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

WHOOOOOO-HOOOOOO Megan!!! Great NSV!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #1085  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

WTG Megan!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #1086  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Barb (Kicker RN) - I'm jealous and childless...can I adopt your DD?? I need a home chef, big time!

Nicole - glad everything turned out okay (I loved the detail in your story). Electric problems should NOT be taken lightly, and you and your DH sound like a fabulous team. Yes, I'm jealous. My DH is a computer geek and not very good in the fix it department unless it involves the computer (and Cassi, he's not even Jewish!).

Barb - oops....putting you in charge of the donuts was a cruel thing to do. All the willpower in the world wouldn't help me under those circumstances. But, you are so good to just move on.

Lizzy - congrats on your losses and enjoy your time at Curves!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #1087  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

hi there buddies....still in Vegas...flying back now..had fun....was I pop...well yes except for the fruits or I mean the wines..hee hee....talapia and vegies..here I come!! congrats on everyone hanging in here ...nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #1088  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hey gang! How's things! Sorry I have been so absent lately. No excuses, no whining, just been.... gone!

I promise to try to check in more. I NEED you guys! I have been up and down the scale since I was sick a couple weeks ago - nothing seems to make sense in the weight loss world! I did have a visit with the Great and Powerful Oz (Dr. Mehmet, that is...) and am learning boatloads from his book. Not enough to lose any weight, alas....
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #1089  

Joni - Destin is only a few hours north of me. How long will you be here? Make a trip a little further south and I'll cook you an OP dinner.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #1090  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Bad, bad donuts!!

Thanks for the reminder, Cassi -- you're right.. it's not a race!!

So now I have a question.. my dh is making chili for dinner tonight.. and he even made me my own batch (no salt, less beans) Is there anyplace on this site that would tell me how to count a serving and how much a serving would be?
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #1091  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Morning all,

Katie- WTG on staying so strong throughout the day. I love Outback! We don't have one here, which is probably a good thing.

Cassi- I have some Kaluha Coffee SF syrup and I am going to put that in with my chocolate Slimfast tonight, I'll let ya know how it was tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

JM- The room sounds so cute. I'm a big color person, I don't have one white wall in my house. I also love the idea of the virtual baby shower. I'm in!!

Wendy- Stay strong, the lite cravings will go away in a few days.

Sherry- WTG on the loss. You are on a roll girl!

BBB-welcome to the group.

Ulanda- I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Nicole- Scary story. So glad that DH came to the rescue for you. What a good guy!
Once DH and I were changing out some lights and he cut the electricity (or so he though he had) and told me it was ok to disconnect the wires. I got zapped and thrown off the stepstool right on my behind. Not a fun experience at all!

Lizzy- YAY on the loss!

Darn TOM showed up at my door on Tues., so no losses this week so far, just plugging along. Gave in to cravings and had 2 oreo cookies last night. Satisfied the craving and didn't turn into 8 or 10 like it used to. Got to go get ready for work UGGHH!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 PM   #1092  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Wendelina- depending on what is in the chili- probably a cup or 1 1/2 cup serving and at least a protein and veggie or 2.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #1093  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Thanks Deb :-) I looked up the Firehouse chili recipe, but it's not the same as my dh makes it.. so I was concerned
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:01 PM   #1094  

Deb - 2 oreos is nothing. 100 extra calories. That is 1/35 of a pound! Enjoy the slim fast. Hey... we could open a Slim Fast Bar with all of these recipes.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #1095  

Height: 5'5

Megan- A few years ago a girl that I went to HS with auditioned for American Idol (her mother was also my Religion teacher) and OH MY GOD. lol, that is ALL I can say. I'm not sure if you'd remember her but she was called "Scat Girl" but Simon and all of them. It was SO BAD, I remember the next day we asked her mom about it and she said "Well, it was not one of her better auditions." I know it's mean but seeing her on American Idol like that was the highlight of my Sophomore year

I still remember what Simon said:

"(her name), What was THAT?!, did you think you were going to do well today"
"Well, with God on my side..."
"(interrupts)Well, I guess he took a day off"

Sorry so long, thought I'd share since that was the first thing I thought of.
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote