Old 01-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #1036  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Nicole - I am currently in my 3rd "level". I will be graduating in June of this year with my LPN. I plan on going back for my RN/BSN shortly after. It's exciting! I love clinicals!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #1037  

Lea Ann -
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #1038  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Sherry (Dolphn545) - Great job on the 2 lb loss!
Barb - I love shrimp; I'll have to try that recipe.
Dan - Isn't it great to have all that extra energy! My gosh - you've lost over 50 lbs!! You are doing great.
Nicole - the chicken salad ideas sound great. Thanks for the tips.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #1039  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Lea Ann - Join in... we miss you!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #1040  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Joni: I tweaked the recipe from the book but man this was GOOD. It may have had a little to much lemon but I LOVE lemon......... Yes I like Lemon water LOL..........

I go back to the COD tomorrow for my 2nd talk with Diane. I have an appointment. I have not been there since that Saturday we decided to put my account on hold. I ran out of diary space so I have been writing on post it notes. I think I am going to write it out better for her to see. I am sure she is going to ask me about the slimdown challenge. I hope they know about it. If not oh well.

Anyway, have a great night. I am going to watch the people on American Idol who think they can sing. I only watch AI when it is the auditions.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #1041  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys! I swear, there is temptation lurking around every corner. Last night at cards there were cupcakes, Mexican fast food, and mint oreos. I abstained. Today at work one of my daycare moms who manages a custard shop comes in with this huge container of chocolate custard, plops it down on my desk, and says "Eat this, you are getting to thin." Too thin? WTF? Have you seen me? I smiled and thanked her, after she left I spooned it out into small cups and fed it to the kids and staff. I did have one spoonful, because I am quite sure she will ask me tomorrow if I liked it. It looked like it was full of chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers. Smores, I guess. Funny thing is, I did not even want it. It looked like cryptonite to me. Then I get home from work and my DS brings home 2 huge cinnamon rolls. Again, none for me! DH and I are going to Olive Garden for dinner tonight, so I still have one challenge left. I saved a fruit for a glass of wine, now I need to jump onto their website for menu ideas.

JM- Peetio, yeah, that sums it up. DH is livid about it.

Lea Ann- Good to see you!

Sommer- I know you are out there, we would love to hear from you!

Nicole- Great salad ideas.

Cassie- ME TOO! I love alcohol, LOL. Not a lush or anything, but when my fibro gets bad, a few shots of yaager will give me 2 or 3 pain free hours. Of course, you gotta love Copper Camels and Tequila Rose, too. Oh, the good ole days........

Sherry- No stripping for me today. The remote to the DVD player was screwed up, and I did not figure it out until it was too late!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #1042  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Joni - You are using Super Nanny tricks on your dog?? How funny! Does it work?

Kristen - wheeeeeeeeeeww..I'm so glad Mike showed up... just in the nick of time too! WTG on the TO loss! The Hot and Sour soup sounds delish, I can't wait to try it.

Pearl - How flattering..they want to hire you both on the spot! They know a good team when they see one huh?? I'm glad you are keeping your options open. I know the right job will open at the right time. You would be an asset to any company!!!

Rhonda- Congrats on making it thru TO! I haven't done it yet, I'm scared :-)

Wendelina - Welcome!!!! You will love it here.

Cassie- The Gazelle on the patio sounds nice. I hope your back heals soon so that you can get back out there! ONLY YOU could create a yummy cocktail creation out of Slim Fast...too cute.

Katie- Woo hooo you go with your CE stiptease workouts!!! I'd love to see that in action..LOL Congrats on resisting temptation...very tough but you did it!

Megan - Good job on making good choices. I usually keep deli Turkey or chicken on hand, as well as veggies and fruit and just kind of make a mini appetizer tray. Congrats on the WL!!!

Dan - Wow!! prescribed fire....sounds scary!
Glad to hear you are out of the funk.

Christine - I LOVE it when I get my favorite counselor...I bet you are pumped! Great idea on the turkey breast. I think I will bake one this weekend. I know you said you LOVE red wine, me too! My favorite is Shiraz...Have you ever tried "Fat *******"?

Ulanda- Sorry you aren't feeling well. ((big hug)))

JM - PLEASE let us have a cyber shower. If not for Josie then how about for mom??? Include items for yourself, please!

Dolphn - Congrats on the 2lbs!! That's 8 sticks of butter!! :-)

Lea Ann - Glad you popped in...we miss you :-(

Barb- Your Shrimp recipe sounds really good. I love shrimp and am always looking for new ways to prepare it.

Today was nutty at the office, I am so busy and getting ready to travel AGAIN! The cleaning crew came today ...I love it when someone else cleans my house...it's like magic :-) I am keeping my fingers crossed for a loss this week..I SO want to win the VD challenge.

Hugs to all!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #1043  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Today was a crazy one at work for me too. The good news is that I was down 1lb at WI today, yay! That sent me to the grocery store YET AGAIN to stock up on more fresh, healthy food.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #1044  
Red plan w/lites

Hi everyone
I posted in the "Roll Call" thread previously and was asked to come on over to this side to introduce myself a bit better.
I'm a 31 year old female who is just so sick of feeling bad because of my weight! A few years ago I was at my ALL TIME high of over 300lbs. My rock bottom moment came after I saw some horrifying pictures and decided that enough was enough. The desperation led me to the offices of Dr. Bernstein. Within 2 years, I was down 100lbs! Yeah for me! I was so thrilled with the dr.b program and the results I got but unfortunately my wallet was feeling it. For those who don't know, that program is approximately $600/month....with a guaranteed weight loss of 16-20lbs a month.
So I figured that I was happy where I was and that I really couldn't afford that program anymore...I went off. I ate like I thought I would be invisible to weight gain again...bad idea...I haven't gained back all the weight but I can confidently say if I let myself go another year, I probably would have.
So here I am again but this time trying a more realistic approach with LA. Quite honestly I am still skeptical because every time I put a spoon of rice in my mouth, or chew on the too-sweet Lite bars I think "can this really be working?" ......b/c if I did that on Dr.B i would be ridiculed and probably kicked off!
So I am looking forward to taking it off and KEEPING it off this time...and also looking forward to getting to know everyone here - u all seem like a great support group.
byebyebulge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 AM   #1045  
LAWL Salt Police

BBB... You hit the nail on the head.. If I did half the things I'm able to do with LAWL on another diet, I'd be laughted out of the room..

Yes, LAWL is a diet, but more than that, it's a way to change your lifestyle when it comes to food.. It's not so much about the calories, fat and carbs, but more about being able to scale things down to proper proportions and eating the right amounts of the right kind of food.. Geez.. I sound like a sales pitch...

But seriously.. There's no way fad diets like Adkins and the like can be sustained.. With LAWL, we're conditioning ourselves to be able to eat the bad things we like, as long as we do it in moderation, and make sure our bodies get enough of the things we really need..

I had a hard time with the eating more to lose more concept too, but 50+ pounds later, I'm living the proof.. Plus, I'm having a glass of wine while I write this, so you know it can't be all that bad...

Cheers!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:25 AM   #1046  

Good Morning Everybody!

Barb - I love watching American Idol during auditions! That's the best time.

Katie - How did you do at Olive Garden? You still get a happy dance for your NSV's throughout the day will all the temptation!!

Debbie - What do you do that brings you traveling all the time?

Angie - WTG on the pound!!

byebyebulge - You've come to the right place for support! We look forward to chatting with you!

Everyone else:

to all those who have WI today. Here's to a great POP day everyone!!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 AM   #1047  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

TGIF.....for me anyhow!

Dolphn - you are up mighty early! I about fell out last night watching some of the contestants on AI...... OMGosh!!!!!!

Katie - WoooHooo!! You are amazing!! I told my COD yesterday that I didn't even want to eat my carb's (crazy ha?) and she said that is what the Lites do for you - no cravings! I don't know what I will do with out them!!!!!!

Debbie - YUM! Fat B is a good one! Shiraz is my fav right now too..... I have more of them on the wine rack / refrig than anything else....I was just thinking on my way to work that I would love to go up north and hit some wineries soon.....you think I can save my fruits for a week???? LOL!!!!

Gotta get some coffee....GOOD MORNING to everyone else!
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:58 AM   #1048  

Christine - I'm a morning person, even when I don't want to be. But during the week, I have to get kids up for school, and I have classes every day as well. Although I SHOULD be studying for my tests (one today and one tomorrow), the computer is much more interesting!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #1049  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

BBB -- Welcome! I'm amazed at what I'm eating now too. I have a friend doing Dr. B. (for the 2nd time) right now...I can't believe she makes it through the day on the little she eats.

Dolphn -- Good luck on your test today!!!

I'm having dinner out with friends for tonight so I've saved myself 1.5 P, 2V and 2S to give myself lots of options. Even though I know I am allowed, I'm afraid to eat pasta...lol. Maybe I would normally take the plunge tonight, but I don't want to blow the VD challenge. Oh! And of course, I've saved a fruit so I can have a glass of wine.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:15 AM   #1050  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Katie – Dang, girl, it’s like you’re the Thanksgiving turkey they are trying to fatten up! WTG on all those temptations. Did you continue your winning streak at Olive Garden?

Kristen – Thanks for the soup recipe. Hot and sour is one of my favorites. I can eat that even when it’s not cold here.

Pearl – I have visions of you and ODS running the Pizza Bowl just like on Laverne and Shirley (my all-time favorite show – don’t ask).

Debbie – LOVE the mini appetizer tray! Apps are my favorite thing to make and eat. I used to have a “snacky supper” w/some olives, a good cheese, either a fresh bread or gourmet crackers and some fruit and WINE whenever DH had to work and it was just me and DS. This was pre-LAWL. That would be a good idea to bring back. I just got into the mindset of no cheese and crackers, I guess. Thanks for the idea. Of course that will have to be after my fish-fest of this TO challenge. BTW, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Fat Bast***! I’m a cabernet fan myself. If you can find “Cheap Red Wine” (yes, that’s the brand name), that’s good too. I love buying all the different bottles of wine based on stupid names and labels. We get Smoking Loon a lot too.

Dan – WTG both at WI and your work day. Sounds like a couple of NSVs with the fire gear and tackling that hill. Lizzy must be so proud of you!

JM – Love the idea of a shower for mommy. We could tie that into a “100lb shower” or a “Congrats you’re not a fatty anymore shower”.

Angie – WTG on the loss. 1lb at a time is how it got here, and that’s how it will go. OK, maybe it will go by ounces sometimes, but even all those ounces will add up too.

BBB – (Sorry, don’t know your name yet, and I like Dan’s idea). Welcome, again, to our little area. While Dr. B. may have had a lot of success, just remember that there are lots and lots of programs out there that work as well. You just need to find what works for you. As you are enjoying your Lites, look through the tickers that we all have posted on this board. We are all testaments that this program works. I posted something before in a thread called “Thoughts on the Program” that mentioned that when you commit to LAWL, you need to throw out all of your preconceived notions of what works. There are a lot of long-time Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach and almost every other type of diet people who came to LAWL. There was a lot of re-learning to do because this program is so different. Welcome, and jump in and ask us anything. Take a look at the daily menu thread for ideas, and the daily reason thread has some great motivation. I look forward to getting to know you. This board offers great support. We are all in the same boat, so we know what you’re going through. Your COD is great for accountability and support, but I think we are pretty good with helping with some of the stuff you might feel intimidated about asking your COD about.

Lea Ann – I don’t care if you’re a “maintainer” or not, you’re an integral part of this board. Come out and play!

Evette – I hope all is well with you. You’ve been quite for a few days. Did you waste away to nothing?

Kinga Joni – You were kinda quiet yesterday too. Did boot camp knock you out?

Meagain – WHERE ARE YOU? Have you tried the apple cider vinegar?

Nisha – Back on track, right?

Princess Heather – Hope you’re doing OK w/all of your DFC.

HeatherPP, Carmen, Lori (the original), Rooster Jason – Where are you guys???

LJ – I saw you posted some exercise the other day. How’s it going?

Deb, Megan, Sherry, Barb, Nicole, Kristen, Jenn, Wendy, Wendelina, Nancy, Nance and I know I’m still missing more of you, but good morning to all!

As for me, just plugging along on another day. AI was definitely a freak show last night. Do these people seriously have no clue???

I will check in with the rest of you all later.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote