Old 01-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #826  
LAWL Salt Police

Evening all.. Just killing some time before the premier of 24..

We had a pretty good day, all things considered.. We tried to go bowling but all the places on our side of town had big wait times for lanes.. We cleaned house today and weren't in teh mood for cooking so we took the kiddos to Chili's.. We both had salads, me grilled chicken and Liz, grilled shrimp. We did have a few chips and salsa, but we're going to work that out tonight.. on the home gym, I mean...

I'm home alone with the kids tomorrow and we're going to try bowling again.. It's just been too cold to do anything productive outside.. I also told the kids not to expect any snacks at the bowling alley, as that will pose too much of a temptation for yours truely.. .

Still kind of feeling my blue funk today, but we'll see if things improve with WI tomorrow.. I wonder if the COD will be open even though it's a holiday....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #827  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Evening all.. Just killing some time before the premier of 24..
1hr and 20min to go!! I have to watch the later show cause my kid's still up! lol
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:58 PM   #828  
FBD/8-18-08

Kristin - Awesome! You are definitely ONE HOT MAMA!!!

Christine - Was today gorgeous or what?!? They were calling for showers but we got nothing but sunshine and 74 degrees today! What a beatiful day for us to have "off"!!! WOW! Congrats on the chili contests and NOT cheating!!!

Ulanda - I know you're frustrated but I just wanted to tell you what a testimony you are to all of us simply for sticking to the course!!! Thank you for being so honest and candid about this portion of your journey. It is soooo important for all of us to realize that there will be bumps in the road and although LAWL works, you DO have to work it and find what works for you and unfortunately, that can change from week to week. I think you're awesome and you will absolutely succeed with your attitude and "stick-to-it-ivness"!

I'll write more tomorrow. Just wanted to check in.
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #829  

Default Newbie since 12/06

Thanks to all of you for posting whether you succeed or not. This is encouraging to me. This has been a challenge. Keep up the goo work all of you !

angel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #830  

Ok...I am having a hard time navigating this site, could someone please help me find the recieps that are being posted...Thanks so much
angel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:38 PM   #831  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I got my stairs moved, I got my stairs moved. Yeah, I was singing that!!! My darling DH and brother got it DONE today!!!! I have to go, cuz I am REALLY tired.......I will catch up with you more tomorrow Have a good day all!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:40 AM   #832  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Angel! You can find the recipes at the very top of the LA Weight Loss forum, there are 4 sections there.

Snow is finally here in Ontario, wish me luck in getting to work! Have a great POP day everyone.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:43 AM   #833  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Woke up to snow. It is about time really except having to drive to work in it. I have a massive headache today so it really made it worse.

Today is day one of the slimdown challenge. I am excited about it. I will have to see how excited I really am after tomorrow.

I will write more personals later on. I wanted to say HELLO and GOOD MORNING!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #834  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning All
Snow day here too.. more like snow/freezing rain. I don't have too many places to be today with the exception of night school so I'm hoping it's over by then. Tomorrow is my heavy teaching day so I'm hoping it's wrapped up by then!
Day 1 of Slimdown.. the Takeoff Part.. ick.. well at least we get Lites on this so I'll have something with a bit more flavor than my chicken!
If anyone else watched 24 did you need a heart defibrilator to restart your ticker while watching the show! Got love Keifer!

Off for WI so will report shortly, will be good to have a starting weight on day 1 of our challenge.

I posted before but who else is in for a try to lose 10lbs by Valentines? We have a month and I think we can do it!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #835  
Barb on LAWL

I am willing to try to lose 10lbs by Valentines day!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #836  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all! I just received and email from my boss offering me my salary back for the next 2 months while he figures out "fair compensation". I am thrilled with that. Now I have 2 months of good money. I can sock some of it away to be ready if he cannot keep it up after 2 months, so this works for me. It also tells me that he is taking me seriously. That is good news to wake up to on another 25 below morning! Happy Marting Luther King Day everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #837  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

to Angie, and any other newbies out there that I have missed!

Katie - that's great about your boss. I hope things work out for you the way YOU want! I know it was a sacrifice for you to give up your home daycare and go in to work for somebody else.

No snow here. Just rain. It's supposed to freeze up later on though. We'll see.

Well, went to WI today. Big to me! Down 3.2 lbs. And this is WITHOUT LA Lites! WooHoo. I hope this keeps up at this pace...
They told me when I get to 193 I will move to purple (no lites).

to all those who have WI today, and to those who have started the TO/FF for the challenge!

I would like to lose at least 10 lbs by Valentine's day, so count me in too!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #838  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yahoooooo Sherry!!! Great job girl!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #839  

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! This is my first post to the Loser and Friends thread, so I'm not going to attempt personal messages to anyone. I've been on LAWL for about a week and so far so good. I'm finding this program much easier than WW. I had a hard time eating a balanced diet with just points to guide me. Now I know how much of each food I need to eat to stay on track. Now, if I could just haul my butt to the gym!!

I have to visit my COD today to let them know that I won't be able to continue the LA Lites. I really like them and was looking for ways to fit them into our budget, but my psoriasis has majorly flared up in the past few days. I've read that the bars can affect your skin, so I want to try an all food plan to see if they are the cause of my issues. Hopefully, I won't encounter too much resistance.

Oh! Just had to share this. We went out to eat at Ryan's Steakhouse last night because DH wanted to get out of the house, and it's an easy place to take the kids with their mega bar (buffet) and all. I was so proud of myself! I had baked chicken, two veggies, a small roll, and a small serving of frozen yogurt. The roll and the yogurt may have been a little bit of a cheat, but I would have normally eaten twice as much as I did. AND, I would have chosen less healthful selections.

Well, gotta get back to work. Hope everyone has a POP day!!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #840  
Barb on LAWL

Wendy: WTG on the NSV!!!!!!! Going over on yogurt and 1 roll is not the end of the world. You ate ALOT less then you would have normally and that is an awesome thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!