Old 01-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #556  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

I teach Signing Classes in Brampton so if you ever want to hook up for a Java, LAWL style let me know as I may be able to answer some questions for you!

Hello to everyone and where are my Pearl, Kim, Joni and Mama Nicole??????
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #557  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Angie - You're doing the unlimited protein and green veggies, right? If so, that's Fast Forward, and that's when there's no bars. Just call your COD tomorrow to clear up any confusion. Welcome, by the way! I started off a little more than you are now. You will be surprised how you will be able to get the hang of things. And the girls (and guys now) are great with ideas, motivation and support. Glad you found our little corner of the net.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #558  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Pearl- So sorry about Candy

Cassi- The baked ziti freezes really well. I just bag it up in individual portions and I have lunch later on down the road.

Nancy- Don't feel bad about the salt switch, I did the exact same thing. He avoids my salt shaker like the plague, but his has the exact same thing in it.

Kristen- Awesome NSV!!! Have fun trying on and buying new clothes. I know that since I moved out of the plus section, I am total clothes hound.

DenverChick- Congrats on making the plunge!!! You will do awesome with the program if you work it!!

Angie-

Joni- I told her that I was currently at the weight I was in high school and that below this is all uncharted territory and I don't know if subconsciously that scares the heck out of me or what. She asked if I was comfortable where I was at right now and I said yes, but no. She told me to mentally change my total goal. Think of my goal as 170 and set up a reward for making that goal. Not just a little something, but something to really push for. Then we will change my goal to 160 and do the same thing. Really, kind of what we talk about here. I guess that her enthusiasm and concern just really hit home on the subject. I am going to do a weekend at the hot springs a couple of hours away for my 170 goal. I haven't thought of a 160 goal, but for my 150 goal, I am going to buy myself one of those Dyson Animal Vacuums. Then I need to make myself wait to make the goal before I actually get the prize. I am really bad about just buying what I want, when I want.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #559  
FBD/8-18-08

Seems like I'm saying this everyday these days... Newbies....

Kristen - WOW!!! I know that HAD to feel wonderful!!! I'm so glad you shared that moment with us!!! I can't wait to see a new pic of you in some of those new "skinny" clothes!!! (hint hint!)

Christine - one of our best "cheats" while taking time off plan over the holidays was chinese at our favorite place! YUM!!! The water retention might show up tomorrow but the lemon water will take care of it quickly! Just remember, it was only one time... and you're back on track!!! Way to go girlfriend!!!

Ulanda - I had to smile when you were saying you'd wear more trendy clothing when you get to goal... Unfortunately, I'll be too old to do too much "trendy" but I'm looking forward to my first leather jacket! Isn't it funny what we think about on this journey?!? Hang in there girlfriend. This is just a bump in the road - not a detour!

Twopugs - I am soooo glad that worked out for you at the COD!!! Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself because you're the only one who can!!! I'm so proud of you! Way to go girlfriend! After all - you're worth it!!!

Debbie - It sounds like you're back in the groove! Debbie's got her groove on!!!

Angie - Welcome! We're here for ya!!! One of the best things about TO for me is the lites!! We didn't have lites with our first two days though because that's FF... (I think!) You've only got one more day - you CAN DO IT!!! And you'll be so glad to be eating POP on Thur.!

I went to the Tony Little site and did the "contact us" for replacement parts... You need to get your serial number off the sticker on the bottom... that's all you need. I'd definitely try and see if you can get yours fixed too!

Well, since I got behind I wasn't able to get back on the Gazelle today but I'll try tomorrow for more than today! Only teared up once when I looked out back and saw our other pooch out there obviously missing her buddy! So I let Rex out to play with her again... of course that drives Digger crazy inside but he's too small to go out and romp with the others. Needless to say, my house has been kinda crazy but then... what's new?!?

Okay where's Jason?!? Did we (I) scare him off?!? Come on Jason - give us an update!

I hate to be the party pooper... but there really is soooo much more chat here now, I would just like to mention that if you don't have time to do personals... it's no big deal!!! IT'S OKAY!!! We're all Losers here, so we won't take it personally! (Right EVERYONE?!?) It's more important that everyone remember we're all here for one another. If you have a question, someone here will have an answer (even if it's not what you want to hear!) and if you need a shoulder - there's plenty of them out here!
Everyone here wants YOU to succeed! If we lose one person, we lose... We want everyone to attain their goal, thinner, healthier, and happier! Some of us could do it alone.... but none of us want to! So, don't let personals get in your way. Just jump in and give us an update. We're your biggest fans and I'm not talking about size!!!!!
Well, hope I didn't speak out of turn... I just don't want to lose anyone due to so much buzz going on right now!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #560  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

No cake??? really Debbie????? man........
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #561  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Pearl is right, we certainly don't expect personals out of everybody and we are a really chatty bunch, so don't let us chatterboxes scare anybody off. Just pop in and say "Hi" so we know you are still out there plugging along. Jump in when you want to and lurk a little when you don't.

I am having bad carb cravings. I had a cup of coffee earlier, had some SF jell-o with SF cool whip and am now drinking some caramel tea. But I am really craving something salty and bad for me. I did give in and steal some chips that DH had in the cupboard. So I have decided that tomorrow and Thursday, I am going to do TO. I did it right after Christmas so I know it hasn't been 2 weeks yet, but I have been being extremely honest in my diary since the 1st and I have been over on starches half the time. Salty starches like chips and crackers. I've got to break this bad habit RIGHT NOW!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #562  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Ok after Pearl and Deb's posts I'll pop in to say hi! By the time I finish reading all the posts I can't keep up! Do ya'll take notes when you are reading posts? Or do you just have great memories? ;o)

I ordered an Elliptical trainer from HSN and it came today! Didn't think this through too well....it has lots of parts and I have no idea how to put it together!!! No man around...no girlfriend who could sub as a handyman...guess I'm gonna be busy this weekend! Hope I don't pull all of my hair out!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #563  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey guys!

Kristen- Too cool about the clothes. You are doing so great!

Pearl- Dang, some pastor thinks that they are important, huh? Sorry about the keying, that really sucks.

Deb- Great attitute, you are right. Get these cravings out the door now!

Cassie- How did you do at work today?

Tina- Have I mentioned how nice it is to see you?

Dan- How did WI turn out?

Well, my boss came back with the contract today, and it was not the original, it was some new crap that he typed up, and not what we agreed on at all. For instance, cutting my pay by 2/3 for the next few months so that he can build up a "nest egg", a clause stating that if I ever quit that I will give him 90 days notice, and a no competition clause that would prevent me from working in the field of childcare for 2 years, with a $250 per day penalty fee if I do it anyway. After he has built 10 grand up in savings in the name of the daycare I would start getting 50% of the profits, but that could really take a long time. Anyway, this is not what we agreed too. DH spent all afternoon putting together a new contract that would keep me on salary, cut back the notice to 30 days, and put major limitations on the no competition clause. He has 2 days to respond with something we can all agree to, or by the weekend, I could be an unemployed girl. I have not signed anything yet, and if I have to, I will just bring daycare back home with me. There are worse things, no doubt! Anyway, like my mom said, he needs me way worse than I need him, so I do have a good position to get what I want. If not, I am through with it. Either way, things will come out the way they are supposed to.

Have a great night ladies! (and roosters)
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #564  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Deb, you will LOVE the Dyson vacuum! I have one (just the yellow one) but it is great. I got it for half price when I found it in the returns at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Wish I had the Animal version though. We have a golden retriever who sheds at least a sweater a week God love her. She is the sweetest girl ever. I just wish she new how to run the sweeper herself.

That does bring up a good question though. Many of us are used to buying the things we want when we want OR rewarding ourselves with food. Does anyone have some good ideas for short term goal rewards? I'm always looking for something new.
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #565  
Lori, LAWL since 11/05

S/C/G: 217/172/160

Height: 5'7

Goodnight all, thanks for the support today, it makes a big difference for me.

Krystal, hang in there, what is so good about where you are at is that you know it and are choosing your direction. I remember the old days when I would try to "diet" and when I goofed off, I never went back to dieting and gained a lot. You are so smart to focus first on not gaining, and then on continuing to lose..Hang in there, you'll get there.

Denverchick, you WILL get in those clothes and I can't wait to hear about it.

Have a happy day tomorrow!
twopugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:04 AM   #566  

This board is extremely busy!!! I've been having a hard time staying POP; last week's 1lb loss really threw me off -- I've been good, but not POP. I will try my hardest to get back 100% tomorrow. Today I did good, but did not pack enough to eat at work, only a salad and I was starving when I got home (11:30 pm).

I tried to update pix .. a before pix and now; I got a new hair style last month and love it so much; plus the difference between my old pix from this past summer (when I was about 7lbs lighter) I look heavier than I do now! -- okay, how do I add a 2nd pix for the before pix? After an hour of playing (its now 2am) I figured out how to do a gallery -- hopefully it can be viewed

So the exercise is working, just not on the scale; I feel good and continue to exercise regardless of what the scale shows; hopefully I can get the scale moving downwards .. .

My computer out of commission since Saturday so I hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow. I admire all of you who do personals!

Last edited by Sue1968; 01-10-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #567  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

I am caught up in reading posts, but there's no way I will be able to catch everybody with a personal note! So my apologies in advance...

DenverChick. you're gonna love it here! Everybody has been so helpful and motivational.

Megan - WTG on your NSV! I'm not sure if i would have been quite as stront with Girl Scout cookies hanging around!!

Kristen - WTG on the clothes! I can't wait to be able to do some serious shopping. I wear the same things over and over because I don't want to "waste" any more money one big clothes...

Christine, the chinese restaurant probably only heard the word "sauce" and thought you wanted extra (because that's what alot of people do, myself included!! LOL)
But, like Cassi says, chug down the water. Your next WI after should be fine.

Deb - WTG on being POP!! Day by day, WE WILL get this done!

Angie - to LAWL! Glad you found us here.

Katie - I'm not so sure I would even agree to any limitations on the day care if you ever leave your current place. I hope everything works out for you!!

As for me, well, I've been working hard to stay POP. Had a couple BLT's () I'm dreading the scale this week because of TOM. I weighed myself at home and was the same. Trying for a better day today.

Here's to a great POP day everyone!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:45 AM   #568  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I hate to be the party pooper... but there really is soooo much more chat here now, I would just like to mention that if you don't have time to do personals... it's no big deal!!! IT'S OKAY!!! We're all Losers here, so we won't take it personally! (Right EVERYONE?!?) It's more important that everyone remember we're all here for one another. If you have a question, someone here will have an answer (even if it's not what you want to hear!) and if you need a shoulder - there's plenty of them out here!
I agree Pearl! We are all here for support. If you dont have time for personals it is ok. Any questions let us know. Someone will help

Angie: WELCOME!
Katie: I hope the payroll problems get resolved! What a stinker that boss is to make a new contract.

Martha: I love the elliptical I hope you enjoy it~ it is a great workout.

I hope everyone has a good day. I will pop back in on my break!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #569  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning All
Off to weigh in. A special Hi to Katie! You stay strong with all the negotiations.. obviously he does need you and you should get all the things you asked/ask for. Don't settle for less! Sometimes things work out and fate seems to play a role. I had to choose to leave my executive job because of similar situations and the day after I resigned I found out I was expecting. Gone was my chance of mat leave and benefits and at first the financial prospects scared me.. however DH said the reason my Jilly was so happy and I had a great pregnancy was because I was removed from all the stress that would have entailed. So one outweighed the other and I truly believe things worked out the way they did for a reason. Keep at it!

Hope you all have a great day, I didn't get my walking in the past two days as I've been running like mad with work but hope to see some results on the scale.

Keep up the great work all of you!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #570  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prazteam View Post
Okay where's Jason?!? Did we (I) scare him off?!? Come on Jason - give us an update!
I've only been here a couple of days and you miss me already? I've been in and out...not posting...quickly checking the posts. Haven't been on long enough to reply though. I've been kind of living the old wish of being a fly on the wall...lol. Well, I've been at work all day and yesterday evening after I went to the gym and had supper, my, my wife and the little hellion you seen sitting with me went to Saskatoon to rent a couple of movies and pick up a Tim Horton's coffee. We came back, I played a little bf2142 and then watched The Illusionist...no you didn't scare me off...trust me, it would take a lot.

Overall I've been doing pretty good the past couple of days. I had ice hockey on Sunday, did ciruit training on Monday, treadmill followed by weights on Tuesday. In about 25 minutes I'll be either on the treadmill or playing sports. Activity wise, things are great...I gave into some craving yesterday. When I got home from work I had a bad case of munchies. My wife had a bag of chocolate coated raisins on the counter and of course I picked at them while cooking our chicken breasts. I guess my will power isn't as strong as i'd like sometimes. Hopefully, my exercising will offset those "give ins".

Anyway, good morning to all!!

Last edited by SaskNewfie; 01-10-2007 at 08:43 AM.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote