Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #511  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Pearl - Maybe they were joking? Ya know, looking for someone with a sense of humor? Don't give up, maybe it is the job for you if that's the case.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #512  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Still haven't walked, but still plan on it. I want a treadmill. Oh well, maybe after my kitchen is done.

Ulanda.......I think the key to a successful FF/Express is eating ENOUGH so that your metabolism keeps working FOR you. When I do FF, I eat often, and I don't even keep track of the amounts in my journal. I just write FF on the top of the page, and then list which foods I ate, w/o the quantities. For me, part of the beauty of FF is not having to worry about the amounts. Also, try to find ways to enjoy it..........like chicken cesear salad. I try to make sure I never feel ravished so that I stay in control. Best of luck to you dear!!!

Evette.......have to tried to use any of the hotel websites? I found reasonable rates the last time we went to Minneapolis using the Hilton's site directly. I don't know if that will work out or not for you, but if you haven't already tried it, it might be worth it. Also, way to go on another pound lost you Skinny girl. You are doing sooo well. I am not trying to be a buzz kill, but do try to keep it all in perspective........we dieters can go both ways.......too much or too little I hope I haven't offended you, and we are all VERY proud of your progress.......you know that!!!

Cassi.......we are also going to go as cheap as possible. My DH doesn't really know that yet.......LOL.........but we are. DH will do all of the labor, along with my little brother (journeyman carpenter). We are doing laminate flooring, and a combo of white/wood cabinets. I want black granite counter tops on my white cabinets, and butcher block type (but not sure) on an all wood tone island. I have tons of ideas, but truly, prices will determine sooo much. My brother is comming here this weekend to help DH move the basement staircase from the center of kitchen/dining/livingroom area, to the edge of the house. That will give us tons of space. I am very excited.

Where oh where is Lea Ann????

Kim........I am still going to walk, just have to figure out a time when I can do it without the kids. I love them and all......but this is something I want to do WITHOUT the little darlings. I don't really need one more thing to do where I am just stressed by trying to make it work with toddlers. Being a mom isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes.....LOL.

Katie........yeah, I know, I deserve a smack for the pregnancy remark. I couldn't resist........LOL!!! I hope your cravings mellow out after you increase your vitamin/mineral supplements. My mom said I used to eat matches when I was little........LOL

Ok, time to change the laundry.........I'm almost all caught up.....for a few hours.....LOL
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #513  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Pearl- that is just too weird- it has to be a joke, then again why would a church joke about that
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #514  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, and Pearl......I would be weirded out by that job description too. I hope Cassi is right, and it is just a joke. I feel the same way you do.........a pastor is a man......and as much as we look up to them and love them, they are no better than you or I. Good luck with your job search
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #515  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

twopugs...we're going to Ft. Lauderdale at the end of February - me, my husband, daughter, and my brother-in-law and his family. I'm really excited about that.

Pearl - I think that the church application was probably meant to be funny. Give it a shot. If that is the case, how much fun would that Pastor be to work for? My Pastor always referred to himself as "the best Pastor in the whole world"...at least that is what he wanted the kids to call him
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #516  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Pearl - Yeah, that undying devotion thing would have spooked me too. I guess you can figure out why there is an opening there.... we can infer what went wrong, LOL

Nicole - I understand you wanting to get out for your walk alone. You can use it as a time to get your own thoughts together.

TwoPugs - I'm headed to one of the Sandals in Jamaica in Feb - can't wait!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #517  

Nicole - Butcher block/island idea... We took three base cabinets and put them together on the floor with the doors opening towards the stove. Handyman put thin plywood and trim on back to finish it. He was supposed to put beadboard, but didn't. I would rather the beadboard for a more finished look, but it's done now. Anyway, you can get the beadboard in wood and stain it, or in already done white if that's what your cabinets are. It looks just like a custom built island and we absolutely love it.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #518  

JM - I was just looking at the TBL stats for week one. You kicked butt, my friend! WTG! (or is it woo hoo?)
Old 01-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #519  

Hi everyone! Man I miss a few days and get too far behind!
Well, I gained my 4 0z back I duno I think the walking maybe? Oh well we will see. What Weds brings! I'm up to 2 miles now so I feel good about sticking to this walking. I know at least I sleep better!
Dan - did you post your recipe in the recipe section?
Joni - Thanks for the info. We are looking now at flights so far we have found some for around $830 RT I think we will tryto book by Feb to save some money before fares start rising for the spring break/summer. Definatly will visit Cosco or Walmart! I see there is one on Maui!
Well gotta get back to work just wanted to pop in and say Hi!
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #520  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Deb - I'm curious what your counselor had to say to you "We had a good discussion and she gave me some good advice to get my head back in the game and get rid of this mental block I have been having."

Pearl - Out of total curiosity, I would call the Pastor up and ask him to explain this requirement "Must pledge undying devotion to Pastor." Maybe he meant to say "devotion to Christ" and got distracted.....maybe he's just testing potential applicants to see who is paying attention. A call wouldn't hurt now, would it?

Hey - I may have found my new User Name - BootCamp Kinga Joni - thanks Kim.

Cassi - I think you get an award for the longest post of the day! LOL.

I actually have my first big work project for the year and I feel a lovely chest cold/cough brewing. Back to work. Sorry I'm missing all the personals.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #521  

Joni - If y'all weren't so chatty it wouldn't have been so long! Do you know it took me hours to do that? I started reading with 15 pages to catch up on and had done 22 by the time I posted.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #522  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Well, I officially joined LAWL today. I had only planned to go in and hear them out but the more I thought about it, the more I thought, "what are you waiting for?" I have spent the last 3 years obsessing about my weight and not getting anywhere. I have started and quit so many plans - WW, BFL, etc. that my husband no longer believes I can even lose weight. And, to be honest, the only time I have successfully lost weight and kept it off in the past was when I was 1) happy in my job and life, 2) smoking and 3) single. I no longer smoke (as of 5 years ago) and I got married 3 years ago. Now I have to figure out how to stay on plan with another eater in the house and no other oral alternatives
I am ready to do this! And, with the help of the counselors and with you all as an inspiration, how can I go wrong? Right???
So, thanks for giving me the courage to join and the tips for getting started. I look forward to the next 37 (or so) weeks!
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #523  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Woohoo, DenverChick! Good job! You'll be a loser like the rest of us in no time!!! Be sure to keep coming back here...these folks have helped me more times than they know!!!

Oh, I popped on to share a happy NSV: ALLLLLL day long, five boxes of Girl Scout cookies have been sitting on my desk (I signed up to buy them before I joined LAWL), and I've not opened a single one! YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #524  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone,

I have been MIA for a few days so am not going to even try personals!! There are just too many posts to keep track of. I have to update my ticker, but at WI today I was down 2.1 lbs from last thursday. I only got in once last week as my WI for saturday was delayed due to a death n the family that occurred late friday night. So my last few days have been filled with visitations, andthe funeral was today. Hopefully this is the end of the string of bad things happening!! It started last March and hasn't stopped yet.

But on a bright side I also signed my lease on my new apartment yesterday and I get the keys for this friday the 12th and start moving on saturday. I am looking forward to having my own place again. Living with mom just isn't working for me. I need my own space and I want my own things back again. So hopefully by this time next week I will be pretty much settled. I also ordered my new laptop today and that should be shipped next week. Then I can get the internet hooked up at the apt and chat here evryday and have a better shot of keeping up!!!

do miss everyone when I am not here so I am looking forward to being more of a presence. I am not POP lately, but I am also not eating poorly. I have not been recording the last few days as it has mostly been a bite or two here and there between various family things at the funeral home.

We had a storm here yesterday too. First real snow of the year and then it went to freezing rain and rain again. Seems to be what it always does lately. I would rather it just snow. It is easier to deal with than the ice.

Well, I am going to go back and read some of the posts I have missed so I can still be in the loop.

TTYL!!!

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #525  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh my gosh, Alannah! Hang in there, and get yourself settled. We'll still be here...with maybe 40-gazillion posts for you to catch up on. *wink*

Yeah, I can't ever keep up enough to do personals, either, and I'm on almost every day. Eek. Be good!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote