Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #451  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lisa- I don't take a supplement, but maybe I had better start!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #452  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Ulanda - I think it's great that your COD called and is willing to work with you. Give it a go.

The TO does not show that you can have diet soda, but when you do LA Express or Fast Forward (which is what I do since I don't do lites), the sheet says you can have 24 oz per day. You're torturing yourself enoughon TO - I say go for the diet soda, but make sure you still get in all your water and juice.

Katie - now those are some strange cravings........!!!

Evette - sorry, no luck with the NY hotel. My friend just suggested going to hotels.com (I thought she had some great contacts or inside scoops for good rates!). If you are brave, check out priceline or hotware. My NY friend said to look at anything near the Theater District, with an address of 42 - 49th Sts between 6th - 8th Avenues. I was just playing around and man, that city is expensive!!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #453  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Good Evening!

Dan - BIG Thank-You to you!! I had never heard of NoSalt but will find it now!! I am so glad I asked!!

Barb - I haven't looked through the LAWL cookbook very close yet but you've got me very interested - I typically eat a different meal than the rest of the family on week nights and make big healthy meals on the weekends. If I use the cookbook I can have extras for lunches or a few nights worth of meals...which would be great on my long work days!

Katie - sounds like a mineral deficiency - try adding some vitamins. I got a free bottle from my LAWL Center for going 3 times one week....they are pretty good.

Paula - I know I drank coffee so I don't think a diet soda would hurt.....I wish I still had the paper.....

I had some ready to eat Oscar Mayer Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips tonight on a salad that were pretty darn good! The sodium is a little higher than tuna but great for a quick salad. I think they were $2.50 a package (2 servings). They would probably be by the lunch meat but I found them by the deli (I was buying my family bad chicken wings.....).
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Holy crap you guys – 15 pages?!?! Remind me never to miss this long again! Some of my comments may be outdated by now, but bear with me.

Just an update… it’s now 20 pages. Y’all have been chatty while I’ve been trying to catch up!

First of all, WELCOME to all of our newbies. So glad you found us!

Kristen – WTG on hitting 35lbs. You’ve lost so much so fast! That sucks about your COD. I would hope they aren’t going to try to have us buy the pre-packaged foods. There is no way they would be Dr. Oz approved since you know they have to be loaded with additives to make it shelf safe. Also, that’s one of the reasons a lot of us joined LAWL instead of Jenny Craig. Ew. Just sounds like a yucky idea to me. Chili Lime Tofu? You have peaked my curiosity. Was this something you made or bought? Recipe???

Nance – WOW! Your avatar doesn’t even look like the same person! You’re hotter than your kiln! As for the “early maintenance”, it seems like it happens to everyone. But don’t forget that you’ve just gone through the holidays. I think we were all on maintenance then. Check out the Daily Reason thread for some motivation. I just can’t get over the change in you. WOW. Your shopping adventures crack me up.

Michelle – Sorry you have/had such trouble with DS school. Here’s hoping everything gets worked out! Your DD sounds like my DS the artist. We have switched all the markers in the house to the Color Wonder markers so that they only work on the special Color Wonder paper. Now if they only made Color Wonder crayons, I would be really happy! WTG on the halfway point!!! WOO HOO!

Ulanda – I know what you mean about DD growing up. Mine is 14 and started high school this year. It’s a huge change! All of a sudden there are boys, cars and parties to worry about. I’m glad to hear her performance in Annie went well. Good luck with the new start on the plan. I’m just sorry it took the COD so long to get it together. I’ll be thinking about you.

Kim – Sorry you had to waste your time on such a “cheesy” meeting. LOL. I crack myself up!

Nicole – Great TO loss. The flower story cracked me up. You and Michelle (and Lea Ann, and Katie, and Kim and anyone else who deals with kids every day) have WAY more patience than I do. As for the kitchen, we did it on the cheap. We went to Lowe’s and purchased pre-made stock maple cabinets. The ones at Lowe’s were already put together. The stock cabinets at Home Depot came in pieces and had to be assembled. We went in with our room measurements and they put they designed the layout for free. We bought the cabinets and then a handyman we were put in touch with installed the floors and cabinets, and then he put us in touch with a granite guy who did the countertops. It actually worked out great. I still have to do the backsplash, but we haven’t had time to go pick out tile yet. As far as getting together, I hope you know that if you’re ever in FL, you have a place to stay. Even if we do have to use sofa’s and air mattresses for all of your little ones! If you ever plan a Disney trip, I am only 2hr away. That goes for all of my other buddies too!

Krystal – Love the picture. Glad to see you back on the wagon.

Dan – Glad you and DW got such great results on TO. Someone should have tracked the Knudsen’s stock before and after new years. I noticed the tortilla fairy snuck into your post about the green chile stew. WTG staying OP at the hockey game!

Pearl – 12lbs?! Whoa! How is the job hunt going? I’m sure that you and your family will get what you need. God’s funny like that. J

Rhonda – WTG for DS! It’s ok to have a proud momma moment here. We are all here to share in each other’s joys and challenges. You and Lori can have some hockey talk together I’m sure.

Megan – Sounds like TO went well. Woo Hoo on your loss!

Lori – Love the new avatar. Did you get your book yet? I know how you feel about getting past the 75lbs and on to goal. I thought 50lbs was never going to happen. Now I just want the scale to keep moving down. Hope you feel better soon!

Sue – Glad to see you keeping up with the workouts. Let us know how the measurements go.

Stephanie – Glad you had a good anniverysary. I went to see that movie with DH last week too. I’m sure the 1.2 will be gone with a little POP and lemon water. WTG at Ruby Tuesday’s. That’s my standard order too, except I get double broccoli, no rice and lots of lemon wedges to squeeze over the fish and broccoli.

Deb – Your pictures are amazing. Your progress continues to inspire me. I liked your advice to Michelle about the fajitas. I avoid Mexican places because it is a place I am likely to fall off the wagon. You made it seem a lot easier. (You too, JM). I’ve been struggling a bit with the BLT’s too. This is the lowest I’ve weighed since 1999 and I think my body is readjusting and losing slowly to boot.

Joni – Maybe you can put your plan on hold for a few weeks until you reach your goal and then return for stabilization/maintenance. Then you will still get your materials. If not, just change your goal (to the COD) and start stabilization and maintenance. I was watching Dr. Oz while catching up here. I love your synopsis!

Katie – I agree with DH about the salary thing. Hope that gets (or got) worked out. WTG on the NSV. I’m sure the steak tasted better than Burger King would have. And great NSV again w/Grandma’s b-day. You are back, girl! 4 degrees? I took DD to the beach the past two days. It’s been unseasonably warm here in the low 80’s. But we’re getting a front in today and it will be a high of 70 the next two days. (But then back to mid to high 70’s the rest of the week.) Good luck w/DH’s new habits. It sounds like eating more frequently might help him. Maybe if it’s better quality, the quantity will take care of itself. Love the pic of you and the dogs. Too cute. Your DVD story had me laughing so hard I had to call DH over and tell him. But don’t give him any ideas about the rack, I’m trying to heal over here!

Evette – WOW on your loss. I see you changed your goal again. Is that so you can stick around with us? Seriously, you will enjoy the food in the city. And you will do so much walking that the food may not even be an issue.

JM – Congrats on your new bundle of joy. I know you must be overwhelmed with joy and anticipation. I am hoping everything goes so smoothly that you are able to bring her home soon. Her pictures were beautiful!

Nikki – Hope the anniversary dinner went well. It really is hard to go out and eat OP. Some times I can do it and be OK, but most of the time it’s really a challenge. I try to look at the menu ahead of time so I know what I’m going to have. But it’s still hard when DH and DD order the spinach dip or other appetizers. I have asked DH to remind me when I have more than one or two chips, but it’s still hard. I like going to Applebees because they have the tilapia and the weight watchers menus. I figure if I stick to that menu (and don’t look at any other part of the menu) then I’m OK. Fridays is in your plan book, so try to see if there is something there. Also remember that you can order something not OP, but request it with no sauce, or sauce on the side so that you can keep it OP. But to be honest, I do find it easier to cook at home and find something OP to make a special dinner from. (Try the Beef Dijon.) Add some candles, and some OP wine, and you are good to go. It’s just easier for me personally not to go out. Others may find it easier, but I’m not that strong. That all being said, an anniversary is a special thing. Enjoy yourself and get back OP right after. The chicken parmesan sounds yummy. If you had just a little, you’ll be fine. There is a very good recipe for it in the cookbook. Let me know if you want it if it’s not in the threads already.

Nancy – I love your new avatar. You’re past the halfway point. Any reward planned for yourself?

Barb – The LA at home does have a board for members. But actually, I think this is much better. They have so many boards, for different age groups, number of pounds to lose, different plans, menu ideas, there are about 30 different boards that it’s not as busy as this one is because everybody posts in such spread out places. I’m glad to hear that your COD visit went well. I hope that the mini goal of the 15th helps you. You’re so close. I know you can do this!!! I loved your Jake story.

Whitney – WTG on the loss! My DD does cheerleading too. We’re looking for a new place for her to do an all star team. She’s also looking for a new gym because she’s a gymnast. I hope LS’s individual went well. It’s amazing how fast they learn when they’re inspired. Great NSV.

Martha – You look beautiful in your avatar!

Debbie – Just wanted to say hi and encourage you to continue on your journey to a healthier you!

Sherry – Enjoy the extras on red. My COD said the move to purple was 220, and then gold at 180. So I guess without the lites, my COD would move me at 180 to purple. Enjoy the starch! Glad to see your choices were so healthy today. I knew you could do this! By the way, one of my favorite snacks lately has been Jack’s Special Salsa by Garden Gourmet. I actually found myself wanting the salsa taste, and not the chips because this one is so good. So I cut up celery sticks and have it with the salsa and it is soooo good that I don’t even miss the chips.

Lizzy – So good to “meet” you finally!

Jason – Welcome! I guess we’re getting one more rooster! Aaahhh… to be able to “cheat” like that. Look forward to getting to know you. The little guy on your avatar is a cutie. In addition to the diuretic effect, the lemon water can also help with “regularlity”, which may be an issue on this program due to the high protein content.

Twopugs – Welcome! You’re down to your last 13 lbs. Your progress has been awesome. These girls will really help keep you motivated to reach that finish line!

Lea Ann – “Sask & Dan--thanks for hanging with us--it's still a surprise to see our "guys"--we could use a male view--like you can tell us that guys don't like bony women for starters--lol.” You crack me up! Hope you did well at the movies. Sounds like you went well armed.

Christine – I actually think the Lites taste better. That’s why I use them. I know there are cheaper alternatives out there, and I will get a Luna or other substitute when I am on the run and find myself without them, but I really think the Lites taste better (even though it’s probably because of all the sugar and junk). But I do like the Special K protein bars chocolate one. As far as the food, I find that when I am on the run I end up with a lot of food at the end of the day too. I think that’s why TO is so easy for me on the weekends. Anyhoo, I started keeping a Slim Down (or Slim Fast) in the fridge so it’s ready to grab on my way in or out. Just one that’s always cold for those times when I don’t have time. It really helps. As for the COD WI, forget the scale. You’ve been good. The scale will catch up with your good deeds.

LJ – Good luck with your plan. It may be just what you need! You’re so close and you know what to do. Maybe ignorance is bliss in your case.

Salsagirl – Welcome! You’ve come to the right place for buddies and tips!

Lara – Love the avatar. Your face looks so skinny – even through the ribbons! Can’t wait to see pictures of the dress.

Tyme – Welcome! Check out the newbie thread for some suggestions and information. Also, check out our daily menu thread for some inspiration.

Carol – So good to see you! Glad to hear you’re feeling better.

Tina – At the rate it’s taking you to chew the bars, if you cut them into little pieces, you may be able to eat all day long! J (sorry about the bracket)

Rebeca – So good to see you again! I’m so glad you had a good time with your family. Now that you’re back, don’t be a stranger around here.

Nisha – Wow, you’re so pretty. Glad you finally posted an avatar! And WOO HOO on the FF results!

Paula – You still get your 24 oz of diet soda, don’t worry. Welcome back!

Well, I think that's done it. But I still have to catch up with the other threads. I have planned my menus for the week, followed it pretty good today, and am trying the popcorn shrimp tomorrow. The back thing wasn't a total relapse but probably what happens when you stop taking all the meds. I have an appt. Thursday with my doctor, but until then have naprosyn, vicodin and flexiril. I think I will take the naprosyn at 6hr intervals continuously until then and then fill in with a half vicodin if needed at work. I'm really bummed because I am dying to jump on my gazelle! And I was so good over the weekend and I missed WI today. Oh well, maybe that will make Wednesday even sweeter.

Have a good night everyone!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #455  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Katie- That is a cute picture with the dogs. Our labs are total couch hounds too. If DH and the puppy are on the couch then our biggest couch hound crawls up and curls up on the leather recliner.
LMAO about the mixup on the exercise tape..that would be DH's kind of exercising......

Jason- My dad always calls my mom ol' lady. I don't take offense to it, I just don't want to get called that. I told DH if he called me that, I would ol' lady him upside the head with a cast iron skillet . I am evil, I know it.
Evette- How cool to be going to NY for your birthday. I was there once when I was 15. Have fun!!

Carol- I hope you are feeling better, I was thinking about you yesterday.

Lori- Hope you get to feeling better, there is some nasty bug going around here and I don't want to catch it!!

Pearl, Nance- Great job on the losses!! Ok, ladies let's get a movin!!!!

nisha- WOW on the TO loss. WTG!!

Christine- I hardly use the morton's lite, but I have always had problems with my potassium levels, so I make sure I take a potassium supplement every day.

Joni- Thanks for the info on Dr. Oz. "you on a diet" was on discovery health last night. I missed half of it and checked to see if it was going to be on again soon. No luck.

Went to WI this morning, I stayed the same from last Wed. I had my favorite counselor and she looked at my weight and asked me what was going on?? We had a good discussion and she gave me some good advice to get my head back in the game and get rid of this mental block I have been having. Now if I can convince my brain to go along with the advice, I may be in good shape. I am confessing my sins and moving my ticker up to my WI weight today. BOOHOO

I am extremely tired for some reason right now, so I am going to go jump on the treadmill for a bit before my behind finds the couch and refuses to move for the rest of the night.

MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #456  
Christine - LAWL

Joni - Meant to tell you that Desperate Housewives was really good last night. Not a re-run! You will have a great boot camp! It'll go fast!! I hadn't heard of Dr Oz....I will check that out after I am done here...maybe a little yucky but interesting stuff! today.

Cassi - The SlimFast Low Carb is the 1P / 1S right? I will get a few of those too. COD gave me a couple bars to try but they are in the car....where I am likely to need them! I think one is a cereal bar. Thanks for your thoughts.

Deb - No BooHoo'ing! I looked at your weight loss journey and you are such an inspiration! You are doing awesome! One day at a time...

Have a wonderful evening everyone. Dream skinny dreams!

Last edited by BusyBee3; 01-08-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: wrong person - still learning names
Old 01-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I use the Slim Fast Optima because that was on sale and cheaper than the
Slim Fast High Protein. I also add a string cheese. (Lea Ann suggested this when she did a side-by-side comparison of the Slim Fast and LA Slim Down and took it in to show her COD). The LA Slim Down has more calories and sugar, and I think the string cheese makes it more nutritionally equivalent to the Slim Down because of the protein. Also, it just adds to your "meal". But... this worked for me and I just write "Slim Down" in my journal. I usually follow the plan to the letter except for that part. So if it affects you differently, keep that in mind too. But, yes, it is 1P,1S. (That was your real question, right? LOL)
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #458  
Christine - LAWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
I use the Slim Fast Optima because that was on sale and cheaper than the
Slim Fast High Protein. I also add a string cheese. (Lea Ann suggested this when she did a side-by-side comparison of the Slim Fast and LA Slim Down and took it in to show her COD). The LA Slim Down has more calories and sugar, and I think the string cheese makes it more nutritionally equivalent to the Slim Down because of the protein. Also, it just adds to your "meal". But... this worked for me and I just write "Slim Down" in my journal. I usually follow the plan to the letter except for that part. So if it affects you differently, keep that in mind too. But, yes, it is 1P,1S. (That was your real question, right? LOL)

Perfect! I have a huge bag of string cheese (for a dairy sometimes and a 1/2 protein on my long days at work) so they will be easy to incorporate! Thanks again!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #459  
FBD/8-18-08

Okay - I've got a bummer... one of our outside dogs (my girl) Candy, died today. She went obviously went in her sleep in the sun, but still... just seeing her laying there broke my heart! We rescued her from a pound only about 8 years ago... she and her brother had been dumped in a dumpster. I literally stalked the lady that had both pups until she made up her mind to take the boy and left me the girl. I had a good cry (a couple of times) and I'm trying to "buck up"! My 16 yr old had to do the "hole" thing if you know what I mean... it wasn't very easy for him either but he's such a man!!! Took the whole thing on himself to spare me! I know I brag about my boys, but I gotta tell ya... he just amazes me!
We got the gazelle fixed late tonight, so I'll start back tomorrow. Just don't feel like it tonight.
Cassi - so great to see you back girlfriend! I really missed you! You're such a vital part of this group!!! So just in case I haven't said it lately - thanks for all you do here! You're awesome!
Blessings all - gotta go.
Pearl
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #460  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Lea Ann, Joni, Christine, & Cassi - Thanks so much for your help on TO and diet soda. After so much water and juice today, a diet soda feels like a treat!

Pearl - So sorry about your pup. I know just how you feel, we lost our 12 yr old Dalmation last summer. My 17 yr old son found her "asleep" in her doghouse. This was his dog, but like your son, he was such a man about the whole thing. He and my DH had her all taken care of before I got home.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

PEARL....I am soo sory about your loss....I am sure you gave her a great life...but I know it must very difficult...Our golden is such such a part of our lives...sounds like your girl was also...your son sounds great,,,nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #462  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Good evening all!

Pearl - I am sorry to hear about Candy. I know it was tough

Cassie - Glad to see you back on the boards, I've missed you! I hope your back heals once and for all!!

Evette- Try Priceline.com for hotels in NY. A friend of mine who travels uses Priceline all the time and LOVES it. You will LOVE NY...so much to see and do and the energy of the city is GREAT! I like to go to China town and buy the knock off designer hand bags...

Deb - Glad to hear your heart to heart with the COD went well, congrats on the NSV!!!

Nisha - Congrats on the TO loss.

Nance - I knew you could do it my friend!! Way to go!

Katie -The picture of you and dogs is hilarious! They are all vying for your attention...too cute. I almost fell out of my chair when I read your story about the exercise porn...hmmm sooooooo not a good thought! LOL

Rebecca - Welcome back!!! We've missed your smiling face

Tina- Sorry to hear about your braces. I can see how the bars would get "stuck"...ouch!

LJ - I didn't weigh in today either!! CONGRATS!

Joni- Thanks for the Dr. Oz update. I LOVE that kinda stuff...

Ulanda- I am happy to hear your COD did the right thing.

As for me, I DID IT!!! I was OP all day today!! GAME ON FOLKS :-)

xoxox
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #463  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Pearl……I am with you on the purchasing of new clothes, only to stop wearing them in a few weeks. I don’t think that is cheap at all……(probably cuz we are on the same page, LOL)………I think it is being optimistic and goal oriented!!! The mind body connection is a very real thing, and if we just know we are going to continue losing…….we will. I knew there was at least one of you lovely ladies that was on the same “schedule” as me, so now if I ever forget, I will just wait for you to start before I start worrying again J I did mark my calendar though, and I won’t have to worry about throwing it out too soon for at least a year J

Katie……….are you serious about craving dirt, chalk and rocks????? Isn’t that a sign of pica? If you are joking, then please don’t be offended (and I know you have a twisted sense of humor..lol)….but if you are not, this is truly something to take seriously and research!!!! Also, have I mentioned lately how much I love your new avatar???? It makes me smile every time I see it J

Ulanda…..I am so glad your COD is paying attention to your needs……finally!!! My COD wouldn’t notice if I never showed up again. They have never called me or checked up on me………oh wait…….they did once. But still, it’s been almost 3 months, and I sometimes skip a week or two……they don’t notice. It is ok, as I have all of you, but I think it is kind of ridiculous. I was thinking yesterday that maybe I need to go in 3 times a week for a while so they remember who I am. Maybe I’ll go in tomorrow.

Ljackson……..I see we think alike J I have been to Naperville a time or two. I am originally from Highland Park, IL, and then Kenosha, WI.

Ok, Katie…….I see you were serious…….you aren’t pregnant are you? Pica is more common in pregnant women also. I am sure you know of it since you work in childcare, but here is a link incase you need to brush up on it, as I did.
http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotion...vior/pica.html

CASSI……..you’re back…..and sweet as ever. I had to read you kind invitation outloud to DH. You do know what you are in for if we ever take you up on it, right??? LOL!!! I have the lovely ornament you sent to me hanging in my kitchen window, and dream about the beach (and my white bikini) everyday J Thanks again!!! I hope you are feeling good as new VERY soon!!!

Deb…I am going to honestly reflect my ticker tomorrow after WI also. I know you have been on this journey for a long time. This too shall pass………….right??? LOL!!!

Pearl…..heck, I’m proud of your DS also. He made me misty…….and so sorry about your Candy girl……..

Ok……..I stayed POP all day. I am going to go to WI tomorrow, come **** or high water…….and even though I didn’t manage today……tomorrow…I’m walkin’!!! So, if you see me posting a lot tomorrow, and I have not yet bragged about my walk…….give me a kick in the booty, please J Goodnight all!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #464  
Post-Master

And Nashville Debbie.......you snuck in your post while I was typing...........HOORAY for staying OP today. I managed it too. Game on!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #465  
Post-Master

I also wanted to take a second to thank all of you for posting your favorite recipes. I have only made 3 of them so far.......and every one of them was terrific. My printer is out of commission, but DH promises to fix it tomorrow (actually, set up the new one he got for work), and then I will be back to getting creative. I know everyone's time is very valuable, so please know we really appreciate you all taking the time