Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #421  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prazteam View Post
Can only eat an elephant one bite at a time! Hmmm, elephant.... is that on LAWL?!?
*perks*

Oooh, I could go for an elephant EAR right now. Though I think I'd bury myself in the powdered sugar, hah!

<--cow icon will have to work for now, since we don't have an elephant.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #422  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Cassie- Good to see you! I downloaded an exercise routine that you can do on the rack when your back is better, LOL.
snort

Cassi - glad to hear from you, but now I am worried about you - does this mean that you've had a relapse?

Nicole-
Quote:
KIM...........so happy to see you too. You don't know how many times I think to myself........wouldn't it be so fun to meet up with some of these awesome women for lunch once a week. Oh well.......at least we have this cite.
I often think the same thing. I talk to all of you more than my in-person friends! DH has started asking me about all of you!

OK, so I was all on track, POP for a few days and I messed up at lunch. Not like.. MESSED UP, but certainly not on plan. I had deli homemade soup, of which the #1 ingredient had to be salt, closely followed by other not so good foods. Darn. Back on the horse, girl!

Speaking of OP, I made the chicken and veggie loaf from my LAWL cookbook - it was really good. DH even liked it. That's a keeper.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #423  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I keep reading about the chicken and veggie loaf. I may have to try this one.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #424  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

i just hate any food name that incorporates the word "loaf" in it, unless it is bread.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #425  
Kim - IP 9/10

I recommend it. For 1 P and 3V, it is worth it! I did not have zucchini, so I subbed celery. Still yummy.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #426  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
i just hate any food name that incorporates the word "loaf" in it, unless it is bread.

Well - you do have a point....
Old 01-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #427  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Pearl, i didn't measure myself when I started because i was too afraid to, but not that i look back i wish i did. All I can tell you is that in pants, i went from a size 16 to a 4. In tops I went from a 2x to a Small/Med depending on the type of fabric. I truly wish i had measured myself. I did take measurements 2 months ago.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #428  
Maintainer

BTW...I know this is random, but is there any one here in the hotel business? I really need a hook up for a nights stay in New York City! Boo-hoo! Rates are so expensive!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #429  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Our buddy Oz is on Oprah today....I'll have it on in the background and report any amazing "must knows."

Evette - I'll check with a NY friend who often stays in the city...she always seems to come up wtih good deals. I'll PM you if I help. Oh, what date(s) are you looking for again.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:01 PM   #430  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Dan - wondering what "no-salt" is.... Is it a brand of seasoning or something like Mrs Dash? Does it have potassium? Before LAWL I never added salt to my food except if I was cooking with it.... but last week I started getting leg cramps. (especially in my left leg) I started using the Mortons here and there and they have gone away....I would prefer not to use it though.....

Christine
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #431  
Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
Our buddy Oz is on Oprah today....I'll have it on in the background and report any amazing "must knows."

Evette - I'll check with a NY friend who often stays in the city...she always seems to come up wtih good deals. I'll PM you if I help. Oh, what date(s) are you looking for again.
Wowsers!! Thanks Joni. I'm looking at 03/15/07-03/16/07. Just 1 night. Thanks again!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Everybody!

Wow, so many posts since my last one, I can't even begin to try personals today!

So, to all the newbies!!

Congratulations! to all the WL Losers!!

to all those who still have WI, and to everyone to stay POP.

I had a pretty good day so far. I had clinical today, and didn't really get to eat too much, I made up for it when I came home. Although my choices today were healthy (tomatos, cucumber, RF PB w/celery and an orange). Have to play catch up with my water too now. But, I'm staying away from the junk.

Well, got tons of homework to do right now, so have a great day everybody!
Sherry
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Evette - I'm jealous ... I only live 1 1/2 hours from NYC, and I still haven't been there. One of these days...
And you DESERVE a shopping spree!! You have done awesome with your weight loss!! WTG!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #434  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Default For Women Only_Dr. Oz on Oprah

This guy just knows too much!!

Lots of talk about Poop - I'll spare the details! I'm sure you can read all about it on Oprah.com

Steak dinner can take 2-3 days to digest. Fruits and veggies come out in 12 hours; (another reason to eat our fruits and veggies)

It doesn't take 7 years to digest gum -- just 2-3 days like other stuff so quit fibbing to your kids!

Where does gas come from? The avge person passes gas 14 times a day; women have more intestines that men so we actually have the potential to pass more gas than guys!. Gas comes from foods, especially foods that don't digest well. Foods with lots of sugar, beans, carbonated bevges, chewing gum.

Why is some gas worse than others - foods with a lot of sulfur cause the worst gas. It follows you and gets in your clothes and stays there. Don't pass gas and walk back to your friends....take a detour!

Best way to wipe - you should wipe / dab front to back.........cause your rectum carries bacteria forward and this is why UTIs are so common...only 55% of the women do this right.

Ear wax problem - excess ear wax. You should not use swabs......instead put a drop of mineral oil in your ear to clear it out. If you use a swab you are mashing stuff back in.

Take vitamins BEFORE you get on an airplane!

Toilet seats do not spread STDs........toilet seats are relatively safe; Hot Tubs are not as safe!

To help with bad menstrual Cramps - motrin (a day or two before), diet & exercise, warm pack, BC pills, and acupuncture.

don't wear a tampon more than 6-8 hours! It's a medium for bacteria.

Bad menstrual clots are a signal of fibroids! - go get checked!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #435  

Height: 5'5

Barb: Chic/Veg. loaf is really good, I eat a slice every day for lunch because it counts for 2 V

Kim: I believe it's only 2 V.. I'm gonna check my book just in case, I'd love for it to be 3!
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote