Old 01-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #1711  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittieMomma View Post
where do I find that recipe for the Cheesebuger Tater Tot recipe.
I actually cooked that this evening for supper...it was awesome!! Actually, it was too awesome because I sneaked a second helping.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #1712  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Good evening everyone,

Another really cold day here again. High today was -15C without the wind. I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I have bloodwork in the am and I hate that. I get a really bad headache after it all the time and that just makes the day blah. But on the bright side tomorrrow is the last day I am on the phones at work all day long. Then back to normal for at least a month I hope.

I did see my fur kid tonight and was she ever excited to see me. I get to see her tomorrow night and thursday as well as the ex will be unable to get home after work to feed her so I will go over to do it and spend some time with her. She is just starting to settle into her new home so I like being there so she knows that mom is still around too!!!

I am going to COD tomorrow after the blood work. I also have a drs appt on thursday but that will just be a quick one.

I am glad to see that most people are doing pretty good in here this week so far. We have some losses that we all should be proud of. I know I couldn't have made it through the last couple of months without the support, well wishes and general loght chatter in here. I want to take a sec here and personally thank everyone here, even those I hardly know as we all need each other in this journey. It is a lot easier to stay on track when you have some people you know you can count on!!!!

Well, I should go and have my last snack for the night before I start the 12 hour fast before the bloodwork.

Have a great night everybody!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #1713  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Kim - Sayanora to your 17 inches! Good for you! Sounds like a really nice woman at your COD. We have one great one in ours too. I cringe when I get any of the others.

Cassi -- Mmmm...sounds totally yummy. Actually, you were probably reading my mind. I've just finished pouring through the cookbook looking for new ideas.

Alannah -- Good luck with your bloodwork!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 PM   #1714  

Height: 5'2"

Hey...YDD's pics went great!! She was like a different child. Last time I took her, she cried most of the time, and it was a struggle for the photographer to get just a few shots. THIS time, she hammed it up!! The photographer took like 10 different poses (all good) that I had to choose from.

When I got home, I was just planning to have some cottage cheese and pineapple, but then I remembered seeing a ricotta cheese pancake recipe on here. I thought, "Hmmmm...wonder how that would be with cottage cheese?" Let's just say it was really yummy!! I think I'm going to try making them for my kids to get some more protein in them, especially ODD. She rarely eats meat and WAY too many carbs. Now, if I could just find more ways to get veggies in her diet!!

While I'm on the subject of ODD, she brought home her first report card today (she's in Kindergarten and they only get 2 per year). She made straight "S's" (S stands for satisfactory and is the highest grade you can get in NC at her grade level). The teacher also gave her glowing comments and said that she's at the "emergent" level for writing and the "phonetic" level for spelling. Both of these are the levels she needs to be at the end of the year...and she's already there!!! Also, she's already reading at level 2. Okay, enough bragging. I'm just a proud Mama!!!

I'll try to catch up on some personals tomorrow. Good night!!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #1715  
Whitney on LAWL

S/C/G: 174.6/158.8/145

Height: 5'3

Hello all! I've been super busy the past three weeks and haven't been able to post at all. There are so many new people to say hello to! Last week I was so busy with school/sorority stuff that I couldn't go to the cod, but I went in yesterday expecting the worst and I had actually lost 3.6 lbs!! I'm starting back this week pop and I'm going to go to my cod all 3 times.
tigerpawswhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #1716  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Is there anyone here using the online stuff from LAWL? I asked my COD about it and they gave me a generic ID and password for Canada, but it's not working. I can't quite figure out why I wouldn't have a unique ID, so I must be missing something. I didn't even think of it until today, but now that I can't get in I'm totally frustrated and feel like I'm missing something...lol.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #1717  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello to everyone!!!! You will probably be seeing a lot of me tomorrow!!! My company is gone.........and I am ready to play. I actually went to the COD saturday and today. They looked really suprised to see me.....LOL. Anyway......I was down 3.4 or something. I about died. They wrote my name on the board.....LOL. That was a first for me. I am going to have to go back on Thursday just to see if it is still there Anyway.....I can't wait to catch up with everyone......and I hope you are all doing well! I have missed you all like crazy.

Hopefully my sis will introduce herself here soon. She is kicking butt OP. She is on day four (I think), and seems to be doing this with ease. I don't know if that is how she feels or not......but she sure has been doing great. POP so far. Anyway.......even if she doesn't post......I know she will be lurking......so, hey Aunty (that is what I call her.......the kids and all), keep up the good work. You WILL be a great success story here.......like Evette, and Deb, and sooo many others. I miss you already !!!!

Ok, goodnight everyone..........here's to a POP day tomorrow!!!!

Oh, and Kristen.........girl.......try not to be so hard on yourself.......your body is adjusting........you have come a long way in a short time!!!! You are AWESOME!!!! Also, I like to pretend that the two smileys having coffee next to your name are you and I. LOL!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #1718  
Post-Master

Oh, and Wendy II...........I can tell already how much fun it is going to be having you here..........I about died laughing when you were telling Cassi to get her "poop in a group."
Old 01-30-2007, 10:48 PM   #1719  
Post-Master

Ohhhhh, and they switchedme to purple w/o lites today.....at 193.2. Does this seem right? I'm not too sure about it.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:00 AM   #1720  

I guess I couldn't avoid them forever...my lawl coucellor called me today wondering where I've been hiding...lol...time to suck in the gut and get weighed!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 AM   #1721  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Nicole - If you aren't seeing a loss on purple w/out lites, then stay with red for a few more pounds. When they switched me, I was gaining, and am now back on red, and have been losing (knock on wood) pretty consistently lately.

Just popping in to wish everybody a GREAT POP day!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:51 AM   #1722  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

OK, guys, have to share.... I went to WI yesterday and lost exactly a pound for the week.... but the better news is I am DOWN 40 LBS!!!! Yippeeee!!!! I hope everyone has a POP day!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #1723  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Yeah Katie Bug.. I went shopping when I hit 40lbs and got a sassy red top for Valentines'. DH was with me and went WOWEE!

Cassi you are flying on that scale.. say so long to a plateau!

Alannah you are a real trooper and get extra kudos for doing so well with everthing that's been going on!

Whitney..welcome back..we missed our recipe girl. I did Cassi's Beef Dijon last night and DH LOVED it.. thanks for posting

Sherry congrats on the consistent losing.. you are flying along!

Nicole glad to have you back.. 4 POP days.. congrats to you.. I find once you get a few days under your belt it is much easier to stick to it. You have already put time and effort in so you are much more motivated to keep going.. and the scale will reward you. Congrats on losing 5.4 since we started our mini challenge. Hmmm.. thinking about our St.Patty's challenge already.. a little luck of the Irish to keep us going. Maybe we'll say 10lbs by St Patty's... that would be just over a month from Valentines and we'll all commit to exercising 3 times a week on this one.. come join me under the rainbow so we can find a pot of gold.. okay maybe a pot of Lites.. wait I'm in Canada.. we don't have any Lites!

Have a super day girls.. off to WI in about 20 minutes and will report back when I get home.

Happy Wednesday!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 AM   #1724  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug77 View Post
OK, guys, have to share.... I went to WI yesterday and lost exactly a pound for the week.... but the better news is I am DOWN 40 LBS!!!! Yippeeee!!!! I hope everyone has a POP day!
Awesome work! Another stepping stone out of the way!!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #1725  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning all!

Barb - Stop being so hard on yourself. Maybe it's the all or nothing attitude that's really kicking you. If you're having a tough time at work, see my post earlier in the day about being at a point in your life when you actually are able to focus on losing weight. Maybe to get back in the game you need to plan your POP meals, but then allot yourself one small cheat for the first few days to gather steam? Good luck girlfriend and let me know if I can help in any way.

Nicole - Talk about getting your poop in a group??? WTG on that awesome loss, and tell your sister to get her butt out here! As for you, I was told I was switching at 181 to gold w/lites, which is purple w/o lites, and that there is a 4lb leeway that they have in moving someone down a plan. And seeing how Sherry has stalled around where you are, I would do what Sherry says and stay on red for another 10lbs. Maybe you can tell the COD that you want to stay on red a little longer until your weight loss slows down. I think Katie said a long time ago that her COD said she could follow red w/o lites until she stopped losing.

Whitney - Glad to see you back. Great loss too, especially after the week you've had. Is mom still OP too?

Jason - I know what you mean about the casserole. I had to have DH portion the leftovers because I kept taking a fry off the top here and there. Now get back to your COD now!

Alannah - Good luck w/your blood work. Stay warm!

Wendy - Glad the pics went well. Good idea about making the pancakes for the kids. I will have to make them and see if I can get DS to eat them. He currently subsists on chicken nuggets, pizza, eggs and pancakes, with some snacks and rice thrown in for good measure.

Angie - I decided to take out extra chicken to marinate today so that I have extrra to make that casserole Friday. I'll let you know how it turns out. As for the online access, I have it, but I think that maybe it's not available in Canada? Kristen and Deb have done more research on this topic than me, so maybe one of them will jump in.

Speaking of Deb, where has she been???

Katiebug - WTG on 40!!!!!

Kristen - Thanks. A few POP days and a slim fast jump start seems to have gotten things moving again. Glad you liked the beef dijon. GL @ WI!

Gotta run for now. DD is home sick today and I am going to grab some work and work from home today to nurse her back to health. She's 14, but she's still my baby. I'll check in later from home.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote