Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 07-26-2005, 10:03 AM   #1  
Lifetime Loser

Default Karen how is your Mother?

Hoping she is recovering and on the mend.....thinking of you.

Let us know how she is doing. Phyllis
Old 07-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #2  
Lifetime Loser

Yes, Karen, I hope your mom is doing ok!!! Sending prayers and good vibes her way!
Old 07-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #3  
Lifetime Loser

Not sure if you are asking about my Mom or asking about Karen (Serenity's) Mom but I'll give you an update since my Mom had major surgery last Tuesday and was in ICU for 3 days. She had a bowel resection and biopsy of some suspicious matter which we are still waiting to hear the results on that. She is a smoker and has emphysema so general anesthesia is a big deal for her and that is why she was in ICU. She came home today. They just started her on clear liquids Sunday for dinner. I am a little surprised they send her home already. My sister is taking the week off from work to help her out. She still needs assistance to get out of bed. She has a big vertical incision which is painful when she tries to get up from the bed. But I guess it's good she is going home as I think she will move around more. But secretly, I think she is dying to get out of the hospital so she can have a cigarette! I know she will send my sister on a errand so she can one. She thinks we don't know she sneaks them, but you can tell from the smoke smell that she is always trying to hide with candles and air freshners, etc. We don't let on that we know she is smoking as she would just be more open and smoke more!

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Kaycee219; 07-26-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:13 PM   #4  
Lifetime Loser

Yes, I was asking about your mother Karen....

I am sure she is glad to be home. Smoking is so hard to give up, I quit but only because I was in the hospital about 12 yrs. ago with some kind of allergic reaction and spent 9 days in ICU, they never figured out what happened to me. But when I got out I just didn't start up smoking again and my dh quit cold turkey....guess I was afraid
to pick them up again since they never figured out what caused me to not be able to breathe...that is no way to quit, I don't recommend it.

So maybe your Mother will not start again either....I hope not. Phyllis
Old 07-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #5  
Lifetime Loser

To my surprise she is doing better at home. She's moving more. Even spent some time on the computer playing games on pogo and sending out emails. She took a shower by herself this morning. Her incision is bleeding a bit but I am sure it's just from irritation from her coughing so much. A visiting nurse comes at 4 pm today to check her out. She slept really good last night. And she stayed by herself last night. She made my sister go home. So she really is doing better. Complaining more to - that's always a good sign someone feels better! Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Kaycee219; 07-27-2005 at 03:24 PM.