Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hello to All

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and can't believe how supportive and well-informed everyone one is about weight loss. I wish I had found this board last February, which is when I first started my personal weight loss campaign. My weight was at an all time high of 190 pounds and I was miserable. It took all my strength to start eating healthy foods and cut out all (or at least most) of the crap. I've always been a walker but I kicked that up a notch. I also started getting my husband walking too. Then last August we joined a gym (mostly because my 15-year-old daughter wanted to but it turned out that I was the one who really took to it and mpw exercise 5-6 times a week.) I never really believed that I'd like to do any type of exericse other than walking and I also doubted that it would help in my weight loss efforts. Now I do about 35 minutes of cardio and spend about 20 minutes on the machines. Since February I've lost about 43 pounds, and have about 7 more to go. I couldn't be happier. Taking off from the thread on what we love about losing weight, I feel so much better and love to buy clothes. My only problem is holding myself back! There are so many things I love about weighing less. When we get an invitation to go somewhere I don't get depressed because I'm worried about what I'll wear and looking enormous. I love getting up in the morning and being able to slide into my size medium work-out clothes or size 8 jeans or slacks. I only have three pair of pants that fit me right now, but who cares! I even love doing wash because I like to take care of my clothes now!
Still, there are days when I long for the old times when I could curl up on the sofa or sit in front of my computer with a bag of candy. I'm really worried about falling off track. I've lost weight before and have gained in back 2-3 times. Nothing tastes better than thin feels but I know that binging just once can set up a mindset that turns into days of binging and then eventually gaining it all back, plus some. I'm really hoping that this time is different. Most of the time I feel that it is, but I still have those days where I want to eat.
FYI: I haven't followed a strict diet. I've just watched my calories, trying to keep them to about 1,000 a day. Once or twice a week I'll go out to eat and pretty much eat what I want (not a binge but just something yummy). That has slowed my weight loss I'm sure but I think it has also helped me stay on track because I don't feel deprived.
Well, sorry to write so much. I just wanted to finally say hi and join in.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome. There's a forum for featherweights here ... those of us who only have a few more pounds to go. It'd be great if you'd join us there.
I'll see if I can get you a link to our weekly thread. Each week we reflect a bit and see what we need to focus on ... anew

Here we are this week .... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98474

Last edited by srmb60; 11-19-2006 at 07:57 PM. Reason: to add link
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks, Susan. I didn't know about the featherweights board. I'll check it out. I wonder how I missed it? Probably because I've never thought I could belong to any group called featherweights. You just made my day! Actually, last week I saw a friend I haven't seen in month. She couldn't get over how my appearance has changed since she saw me last and said I looked "lanky." Me. Lanky. Amazing. I am still on cloud 9 from that comment.
Later gator.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote