Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:48 PM   #1  
cheer******smom

S/C/G: 140

Height: 5'3

Default newbe :) I'm a gaining weight mom with a 16 yr old cheerleader daughter

This is my first post on any site ever! I have got to do something about my gaining weight. I am only 20 pounds over but it is all from the belly button up! I am only 5'3 but I now weigh 140 pounds and it looks like it is all in my face! My daughter is ashamed of how I am looking. I know it sounds like she is a brat but she really isn't. She is just a typical teenager (one who works out 5 days a week with her team) I just wonder if there are any other moms who are in the same boat as me.

Feeling alone in Florida
cheerleadersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:57 PM   #2  

Hi there! Of course there are others in the same boat as you! Mothers of teens understand! They sure can be hurtful, can't they? Do you know what plan you want to follow? Do you get any exercise? Follow your daughters good example and start getting regular exercise. You will feel so much better, and it will help with the weight loss! Strength training is helpful too...it will help you burn calories as well as reshape your body. Good luck!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:18 PM   #3  
cheer******smom

S/C/G: 140

Height: 5'3

Thank you for your kind reply Maybe I should start a new group call "Mothers of Teens" As to your questions
I love to exercise, (I used to own three womens fitness centers) But 10 years ago I became a "stay at home mom" What a joke that title is. I am never home! I volunteer about 50 hours a week between my daughters schools and a thrift store that supports a childrens shelter. I have no time to eat or exercise and that is what has happened. I just feel over whelmed some times. But I am going to make changes. don't know what they are yet but I know I have to do it.
cheerleadersmom is offline   Reply With Quote