Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default In need of a buddy - wanna lose 140 pounds

Hi folks. I'm a 42 year old female who needs to lose about 140 pounds. I've changed my eating habits (been told not to call it a diet by my nutritionist) on September 4. I've lost about 12 pounds so far and have a loooongg way to go. I was schedueled for lap-band surgery September 18 and started a liquid diet on the 4th as instructed by my surgeon and after being on the diet for a week called my surgeon and cancelled. Yup. A lot of things started freaking me out about the surgery. I decided to give it a serious go on my own and here I am. It's been going really well, easy for me to say after a big, long 3 weeks, but yeah. Anyway I would absolutely love to correspond with other people who need to lose a bunch of weight. I need all the help I could get and I am really motivated now so I think I could be of plenty of help to others. So if you're interested, let me know - I'd love to hear from you.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169

Height: 5

I need to lose about 50lbs and am also in need of some support! Would you like to exchange e-mail addresses?

I would like to congratulate you on your choice! Stay strong! You can do it!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:10 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am in on this one! I need to lose 90 pounds but will settle for 80 since I know at 150 I should be fine since I exercise so much and muscle weighs more than fat. I joined this forum cause I am not getting the support I really need at my own forum.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:31 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!

You have all come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!!

You CAN do this!!!

If any of you would like to pm me or contact me on Yahoo Messenger...please feel free!

All the best to you!!

Kim
Old 09-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169

Height: 5

Kim,

I just looked at your before and after pics and they are impressive! Great job!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #6  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

"fed"up - Great job making changes in your lifestyle! I really commend you for making the choice to try and do this on your own. I know you can do it! You sound so excited and ready to make those changes, there is nothing stopping you. Go for it!

I would like to invite you to a thread we have going in the Support Groups forum. We're a small bunch, but a great bunch of excited, supportive & motivating gals. I think you would really like it there with us, we talk about everything. Looking forward to getting to know you better and best wishes as you begin your journey.

MissEvie, Jasmine31 would love to see you both in the group too, so come on!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94520

danielle
Old 09-30-2006, 10:31 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissEvie View Post
Kim,

I just looked at your before and after pics and they are impressive! Great job!!!
Thanks so much Miss Evie! I appreciate your kind words
Old 10-02-2006, 02:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone.. I just started my diet/exercise plan a week and a half ago and so far I've lost 8lbs. I have about 82 to go for long term and definitely need the support as well. I am trying to lose 32 lbs my December 10th, when I go on a cruise and vacation to Miami. Its hard for me to stick with anything.. but this time I'm determined!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Hi everyone. Thanks for responding. Please accept my apology for not getting back to you sooner. I am new to this site and the web in general and couldn't find you guys! I am so spasticated. Anyway, I've been doing real well so far, although some days are pretty sucky. But I get through them. I've been walking about 5 times a week - up to about 28 mins - it's not easy shlepping my big self along. I get weighed in on Tuesday, can't wait to see if it's all worth it. How is everybody else doing?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

fed up,

It sounds like you are off to a great start. I'm glad you decided to give it another go before choosing the surgical option. If you ever need encouragement, feel free to PM me.

There's an "Intuitive Eating" thread in the General Diet Plans forum that you might want to take a look at. If your nutritionist is telling you not to call it a diet, it sounds like that is the approach she is taking.

Glad to have you here on 3FC!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on the 3 weeks and the wt. lost. 3 weeks is a long time for changing your behavior. I have started my new "lifestyle" many times before and didn't make it a week. So, you are doing great.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

Thank you all for your kind words, sound advice and encouragement. I can't begin to tell you how helpful it has been to me. I LOVE this website! I feel so totally connected to all of you who can understand my struggles and I hope that I am helping others as well. I know it sounds corny, but I just can't help myself.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #13  

Default You Have a Friend Here!!!

I just joined 3fc today and I weigh 283 pounds (293 two weeks ago)! I want to lose about 130 more!!! Its like we are Kindreds!! I am 28 years old and decided that I was not going to enter my 30s like this. So I will be 29 next month and I have challenged myself to be wearing a size 12 by my 30th birthday!!! I wear a 22 now!!! Good luck to you!! Lets exchange emails, because I can use all the encouragement I can get!!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187.5/180/130

Height: 5'2

Default Need a buddy

Hi ladies...I would love to exchange emails with you and have someone to talk to about all the struggles and hurdles it take to lose the weight that seems to come much easier than it comes off.... I tried to get my hubby to diet with me but he is so willing to cheat I take the route with him. I just moved to California from Chicago and really don't have any of my girlfriends and support system here. Looking forward to chatting with you...
Old 10-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

brwneyes1,

What part of California are you in?
Closed Thread