Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I am so glad you found us! This site is great for support and encouragement. Okay those are the same things, but much appreciated either way. You can and will do this. I joined this site back in the beginning of May about a week after I began to change my eating habits. I weighed somewhere over 200 pounds at the time. I do not know how far over because I refused to weigh myself until I was surely in the 180's. Hows that for scale avoidance, LOL I couldn't fit into my stretchy size 18's anymore without laying on the bed and praying. 5 months later I am not as vigilant with my eating habits as I used to be and just maintaining at 145 to 150 and a size 8 petite jeans. At this point I am happy with myself in the mirror and not really sure that I want to continue losing weight. The darned charts say I should weigh in the 130's but they don't seem to allow for having boobs!!
12 pounds so far is awesome!!! Its hard to believe that in a few months you will have lost a noticeable amount of weight and you will feel so much better about yourself. But you will. I read the posts with envy for awhile and couldn't wait for the day that I would be able to post that I actually had lost something!!! This site is just so wonderful in that respect!!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 187.5/180/130

Height: 5'2

Default cali

Fiddler, I live in Huntington Beach...
Old 10-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #18  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwneyes1 View Post
Fiddler, I live in Huntington Beach...
I'm a couple hundred miles up the coast from you then. Well, it's nice to have another Californian
Old 10-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #19  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well, bigfornow- it's my birthday next month also. It's just that I'l be 43 and I hope top be a size 18 by then, I'm down to a 20 now and for my 44th birthday which is my big goal I hope to be in the low 120's (I'm only 5 feet tall). Well congrats on the 10 pounds - how'd you do it?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #20  

Thank you! I lost the 10 pounds by simply cutting fried foods and sweets and 30 minutes of uphill walking everyday. I don't really know what plan you would call that. But it is working for me! Congrats on your current weight loss as well! What plan are you on?

Last edited by bigfornow; 10-13-2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: add my signature
Old 10-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi everyone. Hope all is well with you all. Got weighed in today and was a bit disappointed. After not seeing the nutritionist for 2 whole weeks and really sticking to my "diet" and exercising I only lost 5 pounds. Now I know 5 pounds isn't terrible, but the week before that I had lost 9 pounds. Now I know 9 pounds was a bit of a fluke, but 9 pounds in 1 week and then 5 pounds in two - uch. And there were days I didn't even have 1200 calories. And i increased my walking to 30 mins 5 x a week. I was just hoping since it was so early in the game for me and given my large size that I would continue to see some bigger numbers, not necessarily 9 lbs, but was hoping for at least 3 or 4 lbs for awhile. Oh well. How is everyone else doing?? I need to hear from you all. Bye for now.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:09 AM   #22  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

5 pounds is awesome!!!! it all adds up. Some weeks you will lose more and some weeks maybe nothing, but it will add up to big numbers in the long run. Congratulate yourself for this loss, you have earned it.
Closed Thread