3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   here I am, on the last rung of my journey!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/93646-here-i-am-last-rung-my-journey.html)

xCandyx 09-12-2006 11:37 AM

here I am, on the last rung of my journey!!!

Hello All!!
This is my 1st post, so here's a little about me. I'm 29, married to a sailor in the Navy (the toughest job of the military, but, we only have 2422 days 12hrs 33mins and 20secs to go until his retirement), own 3 cats (Tiger, Loki, and Bartleby), and am new to this area my husbands stationed at. I know noone, have no job (tried many times, thinking of giving up!!), so, I have a lot of time on my hands.

My weight loss journey started on July 5th, 2005. I weighed my highest, 210, and was in a size 18 jeans. Today, I'm 135, wearing a size 4, and have yet to reach my goal weight. It gets more and more frusterating, because I find the more you lose, the harder it is for the scale to move. At my highest weight, it seemed all I had to do was cough and I'd lose 1/2 a lb. Today, it takes more than that LOL.

The hardest times for me is when there's a lengthy underway period or deployment. My husband's next deployment is this April, and I am NOT looking forward to that. I don't know why, but the anxiety and depression really get to me, and I don't eat. The last deployment he was 'voluntold' he had to go on (he was on shore duty and not assigned to any ship), I didn't eat for 2 weeks before I was dragged to the doctor's. My husband was gone for all of August (underway training period---to train for the upcoming deployment), and while he was away, I landed in the hospital because of seriously low potassium levels (I wasn't eating). It ALWAYS happens to me. I wish I could be 1 of the 'lucky' ones who eat and eat when they're depressed, but I don't.

His homecoming from that last deployment was a complete joy, and nightmare for me. I'm a 'happy' eater, and I gained 20lbs in 2 weeks. Hey, I was celebrating his arrival, so I was entitled right? Wrong. My no-longer-fitting-14's said so LOL.

But, these last 25lbs are going to go slower than anything, I just know it. But I'm determined, stubborn, and if I can get through 1 6-month deployment in the past, 25lbs have got nothing on me. Until then, I guess my motto is 'hurry up and wait'!!! LOL.

3fcuser1058250 09-12-2006 12:10 PM

:wel3fc: Candy :wave: ... Ah, those last pounds are a PITA to lose that is a fact... At 3FC we have a Featherweight section that is geared for those of us who "only" have a few pounds left to go... Where ever you chose to go on 3FC you will be welcomed with open arms, because we've all "been there, done that" ... :D