Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:39 PM   #1  
tryingtowinbylosing

S/C/G: 140/135/115

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

Default WANTED: support.

Hello. I'm Meg. I'm am currently in my senoir year of high school and have gained some weight over the past two years, weight which i would really like to lose before I leave for college. It seems like i have tried everything- different diet pills, becoming anorexic, exercising. I found this webiste and I think it will really help me stick to my new plan- eating and living right. I'm looking for a support group or buddy that will help keep me on track. I just joined so if anyone is interested or has information that would be amazing.
tryingtowinbylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Meg!

It's good that you've decided to give up the unhealthy ways of dieting. Successful weightloss requires a lifestyle change, and it looks like you've already realized that.

It seems like there are quite a few young people here, so I'm sure you'll be able to find a buddy. I've found the people here to be really encouraging and supportive.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:01 AM   #3  
Laurelei

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Meg! I just graduated high school and I'm a freshman in college right now. I know how you feel, high school is the worst time to gain weight. \
It can be pretty challenging losing weight when all your lunches are processed, pre-packaged meals in the cafeteria. My one advice is to bring your lunch half the week and the other half eat the healthiest selections from school. This way you don't eat the same thing all week and just give up.
Also you may want to find out if your weights room (if you have one) is open after school for all students. At my school it was, and it was a really easy way to get a workout in after school.
I wish you a lot of luck and hope you the best. I'm looking foward to seeing your progress!
-Lauren
laurelei is offline   Reply With Quote