Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/196.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Mom of 5, 50+ pounds to shed, looking for buddy

Hi there - I am getting rid of this weight once and for all and looking for a few good buddies to join me along the way (weigh...). I have 5 kids - 16, 14, 11, 2, and 3 1/2 month old. I am carrying baby weight from all of them (and I didn't even give birth to the oldest! She is my step-daughter). I did lose about 50 pounds about 5 years ago and then the last two pregnancies did me in again. I am determined to shed these pounds forever. I started about 4 weeks ago and I have been doing very well.

I am following WW Flex points. Since I am breastfeeding, I get a huge amount of points each day. I am actually having trouble getting them all in! I have lost 9 pounds as of today (almost 5 in the first week). I added in exercise this week (started on Saturday) and am loving it for the first time! I have discovered exercise videos, which for right now work perfectly with my limited "free" time.

I am looking for a buddy (or few) who are really serious about getting rid of the unwanted pounds (I say "getting rid of" because I am actively doing something about the pounds - saying that we "lose" weight implies not only passivity, but also that we might find them again).

If you would like to join me on my journey please post or e-mail me.

~julie
5'4"
208/199/145
butterfly816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #2  

Hey Julie,

I would love to be there for you. I am mom to 6 kiddo's, ages 13, almost 8, 7, twins that are 5 and our baby that is 20 months old! I have 35-40 lbs to loose and am tyring to find someone to do it with!!

Let me know if you are interested because I am!!

Email me and let me know

~Michelle
185/150
michellec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/196.8/145

Height: 5'4"

That's great Michelle! Sounds like we have similar challenges with a house full of kids. I think it is especially hard when you have teenagers as well as babies.

Are you following any kind of program, like WW or anything? I find that WW points is the only thing that really works. Of course, any calorie counting will work, but the point system, once you get used to it, is much easier to keep track of and count. I have lots of great recipes and meal ideas that have been working really well for me that I would love to share if you are interested and am always looking for more ideas if you have any to share.

How about exercise? Are you doing anything at all at this point?

I love reading all of the posts on this site (and others) but one of the things that sets me off is the focus on what the scale says versus the lifestyle changes we make in life. Don't get me wrong - I love to watch the scale and see it go down as much as anyone else, but I am trying really hard not to let that be the end goal. I can get really down in the dumps if the scale goes up a pound or two, even when I know I have been eating the right way and exercising too. I know it is likely just water weight or something, but it still can alter my mood more than I would like to admit. I know that if I am doing all the right things, then the weightloss will follow - it might just be lagging behind schedule a bit. I just need to keep repeating this to myself day after day....

Tell me a little more about yourself and your goals and strategies.

~julie
butterfly816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #4  
Br00ke

S/C/G: 212/209/145

Height: 5'3

Hi Julie. We have nearly the same weight loss goals. I'm a single mom of 1, and I'd love to have someone else for support on this journey. PM me if you would like to exchange e-mail addresses!

Brooke
mama730 is offline   Reply With Quote