Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #31  
Former Frump

S/C/G: 205/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Red face I had a vacation, too, of sorts...

I have been home with the flu the last couple days... laying on the couch in a flop-sweat. Didn't get to exercise , but also have to say didn't feel much like eating either...

I'm going to try and do my hour on the elliptical tonight, but will listen to my body, as I'm still a little shakey. I just HATE being sick!!!

Glad to see you back, Maeble! I'm sure the aerobics will be great, and I'm positive you won't be the only "real" woman in there... Lemme know how it goes!
I_am_Bastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:56 PM   #32  
Former Frump

Red face getting back on track after being sick...

So was unable to workout for most of last week, but am slowly getting myself back into gear! I did workout Sunday night, hit the treadmill. I've also been walking at least 60 minutes a day, so not completely sedentary! Tonight is date night, so no gym, but plan on kickin' it on the elliptical maching the rest of the week. I'm down to 170, which is awesome!! Can't wait to weigh in next Sunday and see my progress!

Holla back, Maeble!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #33  

Angry Awol

hey bastet!
so sorry I have been awol, I kinda fell off the wagon, but I am in the process of struggling back up the ladder. I have a few extra stresses right now, school started on the 21st, and the classes take all of my mental energy just to get through, and on top of all of that, my TOM is awol too, I am hoping that it's just stress, but at the same time, the stress adds to my carb cravings...anybody else notice that? So anyways, I am hoping for the best, and trying to make good choices, it's really tough!

alright, have a good one bastet, talk to you soon
maeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #34  
Former Frump

Smile Glad to see you, Maeble!

I hear ya about stress... I have a friend and former neighbor who teaches 1st grade, and she has been working on losing weight as well. She also suffers from a rare auto-immune disease called Adult Still's (spelling), which is basically Adult Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. She is finally feeling some relief after a year on meds to control her symptoms, so has been able to start walking and also just feel more like watching what she eats. Did I mention she's also a single mom of 4? Anyway, I kinda use her as my "what's my excuse" motivator, ya know? Here I am, healthy, no kids, cushy job. So I gots to get off my (admittedly smaller) duff and get moving!

My allergies have been playing up, but did get in some good workouts this weekend. Stocked my fridge, freezer and work desk w/ healthy meals & snacks for the next couple of weeks. I am planning for success! Yeah, I know... I'm a dork...

How you doin' Maeble? Holla back!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #35  

Talking holy macaronie!

still here, still struggling, so I was at the gym tonight, cruzin along on the eliptical (my favorite), and looked up at the clock, time seemed to be moving agonizingly slowly, I can't believe that in taking the summer off, I am this outta shape..my goodness (even though I didn't go to the gym this summer, I did other things like hiking, or going for runs on the trails in the park) I was astounded at my lack of grace and stamina!, so new goal, exercise exercise, exercise, oh and can anyone reccomend a good bra for exercise, I am only a b, but darn! the bra I had on today did nothing for me, OUCH!!!!!
ok, so keep up the good work bastet, I hope to hear some good news from you soon!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:43 PM   #36  

Hi, Bastet and Maeble! It's good to see the two of you keeping up the dialogue and supporting each other. I also was finding that some threads (like many on the net, so it's definitely not a 3FC-specific thing) fizz out and/or lose steam after awhile.

Bastet, like you I incorporate running and daily life activities into my routine -- I also walk to and from work. I hit the gym 4x a week for the treadmill, and when school is in session (we go back 9/23) I have swim class Su, Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat. My friends think I'm crazy, but hey, I didn't lose all the weight from last year by sitting around!

I'm battling the motivation and discipline demons lately, which is how I stumbled across this site. It's so encouraging to read that other people fall off the wagon or lose their motivation sometimes ... seeing others dust themselves off and keep on keepin' on is such powerful encouragement for me.

Thx, ladies!

--
Transformation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #37  
Former Frump

Thumbs up Whoo, been distracted!!

Welcome, transformation, nice of you to join us. My sis had a baby this week, so have been a little distracted. I am, however, still making progress. I'm able to run 2.5 miles, which is amazing for ex-smoker me! I still love my elliptical machine, will hit that tonight.

Maeble, you hanging in there?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #38  
Former Frump

Thumbs up woot, only 16 lbs to go!!

Hadn't weighed in for a while. I'm down to 165, just 16 lbs to go to my goal weight! Also noticed that my back-fat handles are gone!! Always hated those!

Tonight I'm planning on running, gonna shoot for 2.75 miles, keep upping my distance.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #39  

Unhappy trials and tribulations

wow bastet, you are doing awesome! way to go and keep up the good work!
me, I'm not doing so great, with all the things I have going on, I have been wiped out and not eating so well. that in turn leads me to feel depressed, which leads me to feel as though I am wasting my time even trying to be anything but fat!.. so I am struggiling with all of this, and at the same time trying to make good choices, but I am always hungry too, not sure if this is psychological, or just that I need to have some self control. Hmmm (thinking) any thoughts?
ok, well keep up the good work, I will try to stay strong
have a great day
-maeble-