3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hey Everyone!! My name is Ryan...... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/85897-hey-everyone-my-name-ryan.html)

ryan57401 06-01-2006 11:00 PM

Hey Everyone!! My name is Ryan......

Hi everone!! I am new to this site and someone sent me this way thank you!! and i like it already!! And i am excited about it ok heres a lil info about my self My name is Ryan and i am from Aberdeen,SD I am 23 yrs old and i used to be overweight my entire childhood i got up to 257pnds and when I turn 17 and then all of a sudden i lost it all I dont know how or what i did I think it was because of a lil bikeriding and eating some fruits and veggies anyways i got down to 178 and now i am back up to 220 and gaining!! You can really tell how much i have gain i tried to go back to bikeriding and eating healthy but it hasnt helped!! I got a Y memebership to the gym the thing is i dont know what excercises i should do or anything? And do to this i have been depressed for half of my life!! I am here to have some support and to get some information on what i can do!! And how to do em lol I am sorry for the long post but i need help!!
thanks and I appreciate it

Ryan

lilybelle 06-01-2006 11:14 PM

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum. Good luck in whatever plan you choose. I personally am on low-carb and it has worked well for me. I do include lots of veggies and fruits with lots of protein. My exercise is walking 1 hour 5 or 6 times a week and this works for me. I would like a gym membership so I could take water aerobics classes and swim a lot. I used to do a lot of weight lifting and this gave a much firmer, more muscular appearance. If your health is OK , I'd start with weights and walking. Good luck in your weight loss journey.

srmb60 06-01-2006 11:20 PM

Hi Ryan and welcome. What would you like to eat? Lilybelle is right on (imho) with the protein, fruits and vegetables.
Is there someone like a trainer at the gym? You could ask for their help. Have you ever been to the Body for Life site? I like the food lists and it's also a nice balanced approach as far as cardio and weights go.

almost there 06-01-2006 11:54 PM

Hello and Welcome. You will find alot of support here. I do the treadmill 4-5 days a week and I try to drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day and I really try to not to eat anything that is processed. I try to eat fruits and veggies and really watch my carb intake and I eat alot of protein. I have lost 45 pounds in the last 8 months and I am stuck trying to lose the last 10-15 pounds now. Best of luck to you, you will find alot of usefull information on this site. Everyone is great!:)

shyla2001 06-02-2006 12:00 AM

Welcome Ryan! I hope you can find a plan that works for you! I know that you will find alot of support here! :hug:

Psychego 06-02-2006 12:10 AM

Hello Ryan and welcome! I am a 23 year old male. At 5'3'', I topped the scales at 260 pounds: one step away from a heart attack or diabetes. After many years of unhappiness, I decided to eat healthier, so now I'm 147 lbs. It took determination and motivation. Don't lose hope when you know you are doing the right things. I'm still not at my goal 0f 130 lbs. but I know I will get there in a few months. I exercised during my regimen 6 days a week and carefully counted my calorie intake. I have been maintaining my current weight for four months now and I must admit that's the hard part. Sometimes you just want to talk yourself to going back to your old habits, but for now that is another topic. Starting a weight loss journey is also hard when temptation lurks everywhere. However, start eating healthier and consume only small quantities of your favorite high-calorie foods and you'll be on your way to achieving your ideal weight. Good luck!

Jennifer 3FC 06-02-2006 12:18 AM

Welcome, Ryan! If you want some good gym ideas, go hang out at Ladies (and gents) Who Lift. They're serious and smart!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80

You'll find a lot of info in the stickies about where to go and how to get started in the gym. I know first hand how bad it sucks to gain the weight back. Losing it the second time is much sweeter!

Psychego - very impressive weight loss yourself! Keep up the great work!

angeleyezx 06-02-2006 04:39 PM

hey Ryan,
angeleyezx from myspace here, Im glad you signed up.. this place has tons to offer if u stick to it!

kykaree 06-02-2006 04:47 PM

Eek! A boy!

Only joking :D

Welcome along. I know you don't have quite enough to lose, but the 100lb club has some cool guys that hang out there, Slimmingsi, Charlie, Frenchiepolarbear and Howie.

I'm a calorie watcher (I don't really count as I should) and a mad exerciser, and I'm progressing, still a long way to go, but hey ho!

Hope you find the support you are looking for :)

Irish_cailin 06-03-2006 07:09 PM

Hey Ryan.I have been overweight most of my life. Then about a year ago I dropped 30 pounds and I don't know how, it just happened. I'm now trying to make sense of my initial loss and create some sort of routine to lose more so can't be of much help in the advice department but if you're looking for a buddy for motivation or support feel free to contact me. Take care and I wish you the best of luck with it all.

ryan57401 06-03-2006 08:12 PM

Hey everyone

Hey everyone!!!!!

Thank you for the replies they have helped me alot!! It will be hard to do but i am going to use it!! Today i went for a walk for an hr in half!! And I felt good i know it will take some time to get used to and see the differences. I am also eating alot of fruits and vegtables!! I am new to what i should all eat and etc and what I should for carbs and protein!! :?:And on Mon I am commited to go back to the gym and hit the machines And again i am new to that i dont know what machines to use and weights and how many and etc so i am going to contact a weight supervisor for that!! But again thank you for ur help you dont know much this means to me and its nice to have people like you in the world!! And it makes me feel good just to see what all you have been doing and working at it and working together Thank You

Ryan

shyla2001 06-03-2006 11:21 PM

Good proteins are like hard boiled eggs and beef jerky! (I think)... I just ate some turkey jerky, and it was yummy and low-cal, low-fat! You might get some of that!

Good carbs are whole wheats...

Hope you get more answers that help... there's a "search" function on the top toolbar... you might could find some good info that way as well. Have a great weekend!

angeleyezx 06-04-2006 06:53 AM

Hi Ryan, best way to stick to a 'diet' is to be eating things you like,
see some people do well on a plan that tell them what they should be eating, and Help I cant be told what I should eat, Ill just rebel.
My food is around fruits and I like a sweet tooth, whereas a lot of guys do well on eating mostly savoury as no sweet tooth.
plus, I calorie count, making sure I get my 5 a day. that mght not be the right choice for you.

I remend you visit
http://nutrition.about.com/library/b..._guide_men.htm
to find out how much energy intake you should be getting,
It should let you know the Govt reccomended percentages of carbs, protein and fat you should be getting.

Remember not all carbs are created equal, to get healthier and feel fuller longer, stick to whole grain, bread pasta etc.

use fitday.com to calorie count, there are other sites that are just as good.

try not to eat a few hours before going to bed,.
wheneva u start to feel hungry drink water to see if its really hunger... we are notoriuos for not reconising thirst.

stick to lean meats, fish, chicken and turkey. loads of veg, salad, fruit.

if your eating something with fat make sure its not saturated (or i think usa calls it trans) fat, its the type that causes heart problems, stick with unsaturated and poly unsaturated fats.

there are so many more tips like this around the site, just keep comin back.

eat small meals or snacks every few hours if convenient.

eat high fiber.

Mom21 06-07-2006 08:21 AM

hey ryan! glad to see you found your way to a GREAT website! you'll find all the help you need right here and at 3fc journals! it's nice to have someone else to talk to that is going through what we all are huh? hang in there! you'll get the weight off again!!! and again, welcome!!!!!
Lucy

Misti in Seattle 06-07-2006 08:32 AM

Hi Ryan and welcome! Sounds as if you are off to a great start! Yah it sure does take discipline and hard work but you CAN do it! Fruits, veggies, protein and exercise... puff puff puff. :) Go for it!