Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 74.6/67.5/56 or 165/149/124

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default Hello

Hi,

I'm San looking for a vegan buddy, with approximately the same goals as me. I now weigh 73.1kg, that's about 11st6, I'm about 167,5cm tall (5ft6) and I want to get down to 56kg which is 9st I think (only do metric, so not sure). That is the weight I feel most comfortable in, slim, but not bony. I was vegan before and became pescovegetarian as my grandpa is a fisherman and I just felt too bad to say no to his smoked salmon. Now he is never going to fish again (too old and too ill) I thought I want to revert back to my vegan ways. I feel the society pushes so much eggs and meat in your face that its horrible, and it surely cannot be natural. In India the Jains are vegans and perfectly healthy. It would be great to have someone who is kind of in the same boat as me. I'm 23 years old and a student and live in the south of England. Hope to find a buddy soon.
Best wishes,
San
x
San*_* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #2  

Doesn't anyone want to be my friend? I'm really nice, honest! I am fun, like to joke around a lot. Many people tell me I am very funny and genuine. I can do deep talks about the meaning of life and the essence of humanity for hours, or go bushdiving, get seriously drunk and prance around London's biggest gay clubs in a feather boa and a pink cowboy hat with a Texas lonestar (and I'm not gay, just like the chilled attitude if those places). If you have a good argument, I will probably say "yeah alright, let's roll". I am a very open person, and even though I have gone back to veganism, I'm not militant. I have heard most problems there are on this planet. And I'm no psychologist, all I can offer is my friendship and support in an effort to lose weight.
San xx
Old 05-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

San, sometimes posts get lost in the shuffle... I'm sorry we missed you!
Welcome to 3FC!
Why don't you post an introduction in a few other sub-forums? There's a Vegetarian forum, the UK chicks, Alternachicks, etc...
The more you post around, the more friends you'll hook up with. You sound pretty cool to me.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:39 PM   #4  

Thanks! I will try the alternachick one, although I dont feel particularly alternative. You really made me feel better and big congrats for losinng 13 pounds!! xx
Old 05-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #5  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi San! There's another newbie I met who's vegan and we're looking for a buddy group or maybe a challenge. I'll PM you soon.
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #6  

Thank you, San.

It can take a bit of posting to find an area that's comfortable for you. A few other new people have recently said something similar. There is a good number of people who post once or twice and then never come back. I think that makes the old-timers here a bit wary. That's why it's good to start a new thread and post an intro in a new section, you know? I think it really gets attention.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #7  

Oh, good! There's Sarah!