Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #1  
Gym Rat and Chocoholic

S/C/G: 283lbs

Default Newbie in Search of a Buddy

I'm a newbie to this forum, and I'm looking for someone to share encouragement with. I'm dieting and trying to get myself back on track. I've finally gotten my gym skills back in front, now I just need to get my diet back in gear.
NeverMore27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:08 AM   #2  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

This site is WONDERFUL! Just take your time navigating around and I think you will see there are so many nice people to chat with and give you support. Just jump right in and visit and you will start feeling right at home!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:46 AM   #3  
willbthin

S/C/G: 268/248/130

Default support

like you i am also trying to get back on the right track and i'm in search of a buddy also!!! I just started my diet today and posted my first message yesterday and so far people on here have been really supportive good juck!
willbthin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:13 AM   #4  

Default Newbie also in search of a buddy.

Hi,

I am reading my 100th diet book (Dr. Phil ULtimate Weight Loss) lol and 1 thing it mentions is having someone (a buddy) that you can check in with and gain support from. I think it does make losing weight more fun. I don't necessarily have time to go to public support groups--so I am thinking that this sight would be great for me and they have been around for a long time.

I am at 292 lbs & 5'4 and 32 yrs old. I could always manage the weight physically in the past. It did not hold me back, but I am really starting to feel it now. I am currently eliminating (slowly) bad things from my diet. I am working on soda--I used to have 6 a day--now I am down to 4 a week. Even diet soda can be harmful due to the sodium. I am proud of myself and am trying to get my family to work with me as well. Not so easy. My next goal is to eliminate fast food. When I say eliminate--I don't mean completely---but I want to engage in these things as a treat. Not a 1 X a day thing. My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week for 67 weeks. So I would love to have a friend that I can check in with and swap stories, suggestions, temptations etc. Most of my friends are not too worried about their weight--so I don't have a support system. My husband is great, but even he does not know how out of control my weight is (at least in numbers) lol. If you are interested in being my buddy, please let me know!

Your friend,
sunbeam_lover
sunbeam_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #5  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Nevermore, you might consider posting on the exercise forums here since you're a gym rat
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote