Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #1  

Unhappy I need help to get started I'm new!!

Tired and need to lose weight! Help please.
bbs-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You've come to the right place. Tell us a little more about you. How tall you are, how much you weigh, what you'd like to eat and do for activities.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

you've come to the right place. you will find a lot of support here. Just tell us how we can be of help.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:10 AM   #4  

I'm new to this site too, just joined tonight. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers for over 20 years but I still have struggles and I think this site will be of help and encouragement, hopefully it will be for you also.
scrapnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/247/160-170

Height: 5'7

Default I'm new too

Hello all, I am new too and need all the encouragment that I can get, This isn't going to be an easy journey and finding this site made me realize that it will make it more enjoyable and easy in ways of talking with people who know where you are coming from. If you want to have a buddy I'm here for you.

Lindsay
MrsKeltsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #6  

Hey everybody!

I'm new, too. Trying weightwatchers with a couple friends from work. I've gotta do something to really manage this problem with my weight, and one of my other friends has been doing weightwatchers 2 months and has lost about 13 lbs, so why not give it a try? I found this site yesterday and thought it would do me some good to come for support and encouragement. Maybe someday I'll have enough knowledge and experience with managing weight loss to give support and encouragement, too!

:wavey:
lexiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #7  

ps - this is the first time I've admitted to how much I actually weigh. I am too embarrassed to tell my friends the truth about which weightwatchers bracket I'm in (I'm doing it WITH them, I didn't actually join it) and the last doctor's appointment I was actually around 302, but I don't look 302, because even though I'm huge, I'm fairly active and I hide it pretty well. The nurse thought 302 was wrong and put 252 on my chart. Now I'm afraid to go see my doctor before I lose at least another 25 pounds so they don't think I'm gaining instead of losing! Funny, I'll look 50 lbs lighter but weigh the same. Oh well.

I started playing lots of tennis 2 years ago and have been able to avoid gaining anything, but I'm still eating way too much and not doing anything about the problem. Plus, I'm really worried all this weight will cause injuries to my knees, hips, ankles and feet - which all take a beating playing tennis. I'd also like to beat more people and be able to play singles for over 30 minutes without needing to stop for air.

When I put lots of effort into it stick with it, I can lose pretty quickly. So I'm working on all the mental and emotional hangups that cause me to over-eat along with planning/tracking/managing what I eat every day, which is the part I hate doing, but without that, I can't do it.

Wish me luck, everyone - I'm gonna need a bunch of it!
lexiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:18 PM   #8  
J.Depp=Male Perfection

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Have gained more weight since originally signing up. 5 foot tall, 218 pounds! Hate it! I'm here for the support.
n2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #9  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default I hear ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiesark
ps - this is the first time I've admitted to how much I actually weigh. I am too embarrassed to tell my friends the truth about which weightwatchers bracket I'm in (I'm doing it WITH them, I didn't actually join it) and the last doctor's appointment I was actually around 302, but I don't look 302, because even though I'm huge, I'm fairly active and I hide it pretty well. The nurse thought 302 was wrong and put 252 on my chart. Now I'm afraid to go see my doctor before I lose at least another 25 pounds so they don't think I'm gaining instead of losing! Funny, I'll look 50 lbs lighter but weigh the same. Oh well.

Its funny because about a year and a half ago I was at the doctor and then I weighed 205, and the lady was like " no way" and had me step off and made sure the scale zeroed out and had me step back on.. and then she was like "well you sure dont look it" I weigh heavy too. Even at 156 I wore a size 7/8 and I am 5'4, even though I put some weight on which is what brought me here, to get back on track and get this last 30lbs off.

Not trying to hijack the thread.. I just wanted to respond to that, Im also new here, yesterday being my first day, I have a intro thread here somewhere if you all are interested in my stats.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote