Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/165/145

Smile looking for a buddy (I am 36,F , 20-40 lbs to lose,LC WOE)

Hi, I am looking for a buddy to help motivate each other. I put up some basic details about myself in my title so that other people interested in finding a buddy would know a little before they click on this thread. This is a popular site I see by the amount of threads. It seems like this site is a little slow when I click on the different threads. Maybe it is my computer. I am at work now, I teach Kindergarten and the kids have left for the day.

I have been low carbing since Jan . 23, 2006. I have tried just about all the diets. Too many to list. Probably easier to list the ones I have not done. The Zone, I have the book, but have not read it, or tried the diet. However I have heard that one main component to it is eating many times a day , instead of sticking to 3 meals a day. That I do. I cant stand to feel hungry, so I eat often. Pritickin diet, I have heard of , but not tried. That is all that I can think of that I have not tried. I am sure there are many others, but I have tried most of the big ones.

I like LC WOE (low carb. way of eating) the best, because it is so comfortable for me. I am never hungry, and I love the foods I eat. I try not to think of it as a diet, that is why I refer to it as a WOE.

I have been overweight for most of my life. High school was miserable because of it (at least I blame weight for the majority). I lost weight from 18-23, and I got to experience being a normal size. I loved it. Too bad it didn't last. From 24 on I started gaining. During both pregnancies with my boys I reached 222. back in Jan. I weighed 185, and was feeling pretty bad about myself. Now, just 20 lbs. lighter, I feel so much better. I still have a ways to go, and looking for a pen pal/s on line to share experiences and motivation with.

Please respond if it you would like someone to share in your weight loss, or maintenance journey. (maintenance is 95% of the battle).
Warmest regards, Sara
shushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:12 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Sara
Welcome to 3FC!! This is a great place for advice & support.

I've been low carbing for almost 2 years. I am on Atkins and have lost 85 lbs. My goal is another 20 lbs, which is very stubborn but, I'm not giving up!!

All the best to you! Remember,you CAN do this!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:20 PM   #3  

Cool i need motivation PLEASE

i am almost 22 i had a baby almost 2 years ago and i still have to loose 10 pounds to get to where i was before but i would like to loose an aditional 10 to 20 pounds. im not huge or anything........ just unhappy..... ive tried almost everything and determined i cant do it on my own
buzzy169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #4  

Hi buzzy, and Jerseygirl. Thanks for dropping a note in my thread. Jerseygirl, that is great that you have lost and kept off 85 lbs by eating a low carb diet. That is so inspiring to hear success stories.

Buzzy, I just had my last baby 2.10 years ago. Baby weight is hard to get off. I gained a lot during my pregnancies, but I was overweight before kids as well. I have been battling my addiction to sugar all my life.
I know how extra weight can make a person feel unhappy. Hopefully we can gain support from this site and both become happier (and thinner)= they go hand in hand. Warmest regards, Sara
Old 03-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

I wanted to say welcome, Ive just joined as well. Had my last son 3 years ago just a couple months ago decided to get off my butt and do something about my weight. I put on so much weight with my last son, he was a 10 pound baby.. I have a sugar addiction as well, mostly soda, was drinking 7-9 cans of regular pepsi a day.
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #6  

Hi Lady Jackyl, welcome. Wow a ten pound baby. Both of my boys were only around 7 lbs. My youngest will be 3 this May.
What motivated me (this time- I have a yoyo dieting history) was gaining 20 lbs within 6 months. I just started teachin kindergarten this year. This is only my 5th year of teaching. I have taught 4 different grades in that time. Well, kindergarten has been the hardest for me to adjust to. The work load is actually less because of the lack of grading, but the days (full day kindergarten) are pretty hectic. I think I pretty much was feelling to stressed and allowed myself to take it out by stuffing my face, mainly with sugar. Sometimes after school, I would just eat and eat licorice or other types of candy that I have in my classroom. Then after dinner I would have 2 desserts. the first immediately after the meal, and the 2nd after the kids were put to bed.

I feel so much better now that I have lost some weight and am keeping my blood sugar low. I need to work on cutting back on the LC candy now. It is quite tasty. I like talking to other people to find out their tips, and just so I don't feel so alone in having to watch what I eat.

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:51 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome Lady Jackyl. Congrat's on the weight loss. I am 46 yr's old and my youngest child is 13, so I can't say my weight is from my children. I too am on the low-carb for life. I started on June 24, 2005 and have now lost 75 lbs. I have 14 more lbs. to go. This seems to be my easier weight loss ever except for when I was on Phentermine and Pondimin back in 1993 and lost about 90 lbs. in 7 months. Regained it all back except for 3 lbs. after I quit taking the meds. No diet pills for me ever again. Just good old fashioned sensible eating and lots of exercise now. I gave myself a whole year to try to lose this 89lbs. and I feel confident now that I can do it. The support in this room is great and I wish u the best of luck.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/167/159

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Sara, I am 39, have been struggling with weight for the last ten years, weighed 219 when I had my daughter, and want to lose about 20 pounds too. I also teach, but middle school. I tried low carb, but mostly just watch what I eat, portion control.

Good Luck, talk to you soon.
LeslieFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 AM   #9  

Hi Lilibel, and Leslie.

Lilibel, LC is the best plan for me, or actually just the most comfortable. I hate to be hungry. Leslie, that is great that you can do it with portion control.

Tomorrow I am going out of town with my 5 year old son to visit my father and step mother. My mini goal is to stick with my LC eating. Shouldn't be too hard (step mom is LC as well).

Talk to you soon, have a good LC week!