3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Nocturnal Newcommer Seeks Likable Losers! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/79115-nocturnal-newcommer-seeks-likable-losers.html)

Night Nurse 03-16-2006 11:11 PM

Nocturnal Newcomer Seeks Likable Losers!

Hello! I am new to the group but certainly not new to dieting. My stubborn 30 has become my stubborn 100, and I am determined to utilize every resource available to lose this weight. I have eaves-dropped on this site frequently, and believe that the support offered here may be what it takes to help me change my life for good! I'm hopeing some of you wonderful people will become my "Loser" friends! I have support to give, and would love to get some in return! Vital stats- wt-254, age-36, MS- married to great guy, kids-2 girls. I just started the weight watchers Flex plan (points). I am on the computer mostly at night due to my job and the fact that my middle-schooler is a computer junkie. Hope to hear from you soon!

chuckieb 03-17-2006 11:51 AM

Hi

Hi Angela! Just like you I am a night person. Gets kind of old sometimes doesn't it? My story-I'm 43,have two adult children-son 25,daughter 21 and I've never been married. My weight history is the same as many others,gain then lose and gain and lose. I am the heaviest that I've ever been,including during my pregnancies,and I'm to the point where I just can't take it any more. So far I've lost 22lbs. and am feeling much better but I have a long way to go. My friends and family are supportive to a point but they tire of hearing my tales of woe and at times it seems as if they don't want to hear about my successes either. At this point I am consumed with changing my habits and reaching my goal weight and sharing my experience with someone such as yourself who is going through the same thing would be a tremendous help. Please feel free to contact me through PM or IM at yahoo!. Maybe we could be of help to each other and make a new friend in the process! Hope to hear from you soon:)

JerseyGyrl 03-17-2006 01:07 PM

Welcome to both of you! Its great to have you here. I am 44, don't have any children but, I do have a very supportive BF:) I've lost 85 lbs and have another 15-20 to lose. You CAN do this!! If you'd like, please feel free to PM me anytime. We can all help each other. Take care & the best of luck to both of you!

Kim

deewhy 03-17-2006 04:25 PM

Hello,
I hope I have not sent this twice, my computer decided to freeze. I am also a nurse.I am 51 years old, married with 3 sons. I did 10 years of night shift now do day duty. I am from Sydney Australia. I need to lose weight and would like support even from a distance (the friends gained would be a wonderful bonus).I amnew to this computer messaging so bear with me
Hope to hear from someone
Colleen

GoofyGrl 03-17-2006 06:11 PM

Tired of being fluffy!

Hi! I am new to this whole forum thing but definitely not new to the whole "losing weight thing":^: I am 35 years old and definitely tired of being fluffy. I am embarking once again on this whole weightloss rollercoaster. The problem with me is I let life's little issues disrupt my weightloss endeavor. I am married to a great guy and have a 13 year old daughter. I have finally decided it is time once again to kick this fat to the curb. I am doing Weight Watchers without the meetings and am looking forward to this weekend as I get to buy all the little goodies I need to get this party started. Keep your fingers crossed for me as I will for you all too. I'm staying positive :flow2: and will only take baby steps as that is all we should do instead of feeling overwhelmed. Keep the faith!!!

Night Nurse 03-18-2006 03:09 AM

Hey Everyone!
I am excited to meet you all! I think having a group of people to share with will be a tremendous help on our journey!

Chuckieb - Nights do get old but it works out so well for my family that I guess I can't complain. I will probably do it for another year or two (for a total of 5 years). Yeah!! about your 22lbs:carrot: I would love to PM if I knew what it meant:^: I am functionally illiterate on the computer. Help!

Kim - 85 lbs!!! what have you done to keep yourself motivated? I have never been able to lose more than 30lbs at a time, I seem to have a mental block that causes me to lose motivation or willpower when I get to that point. That is usually when I start to plateau. Share the secret!!!

Colleen - G'day Mate! (cheesy, but I couldn't resist...sorry:^: )What kind of nursing do you do? I work in a ER in a small community medical center. I too stink at computer stuff, so we can be lost together.

GoofyGirl - I just started WW too! I am doing points, because I need the structure. My first goal is 15 lbs by Easter. It was a challenge placed on another thread, so I took them up on it. Normally 15 would be alot in 4 weeks but I'm counting on that rapid loss you usually have in the first few weeks of a diet.My fingers and toes are crossed for all of us!

Good luck to all of us, stay strong and let's keep in touch. And someone PLEASE tell me what PM means and how to do it!!:dizzy:

the slim me 03-18-2006 09:52 AM

Hi Everyone, I worked midnight shift for 7 years! Finally went on days when i got to the point that I wanted to sleep again! And the eating is erratic because of the hours. And....nursing is a very stressful job. That adds up to becoming over weight. Have you noticed how many overweight nurses (and doctors) there are?

But it's time to face the music and get with the program. I've been dieting for ahwile and I don't have that much more to lose, but I have to keep this weight off too! I've lost it before and gained it back! I'm too old and it's too hard! So i'm hoping to find some new friends and a lot of support! Some one to give me a gently push (or a great big shove) if i forget how important it is to eat right and exercise!

I work days now in rehab in a local hospital. I work 12 hour shifts and that's a problem also! If it's a good day 12 hours is still long, and if it's a bad day 12 hours is REALLY long!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone,.

deewhy 03-18-2006 04:25 PM

Hi everyone,
So excited to see some replies. I am a Director of Nursing of a 49 bed nursing home. Love my job, love my Residents (patients), love my staff (when they are behaving themselves). I dont like the stress of the job. It has caused me to put on too much weight. Now excuses aside I am now taking control.(with some help from my new friends - Thankyou). I have been on WW before. Today is my starting day AGAIN.
Hope to hear from you all soon. Good luck and positive weight loss vibes to you all. Colleen

Night Nurse 03-20-2006 04:27 AM

Well I made it thru my working weekend (7p-7a every F-Sa-Su) and I feel like I stayed pretty true to my diet. It's very easy for me to lose track of points when my days and nights are mixed up. I weight in on Thursday, but peeking at the scale tells me I may have lost 4 pounds(I hope, I hope!!):D. Does the dancing carrot to the left of the text box drive anyone else crazy, or is it just me?
Slim - Some of the Doctors and nurses where I work certainly could lose some weight, in fact we have started a group weight loss compition. We are losing the weight our own way, but at the end of 2 months the person with the highest percentrage of body weight lost wins a cash prize. Just one more thing to motivate me!
I hope every one is doing well and keeping strong. How Is it going with WW Colleen? Are you doing the points or core? Hope to hear from you guys soon.

deewhy 03-20-2006 05:31 AM

Hi everyone,
Angela I am doing points with WW. I find that it is the only thing that works with me. Good luck with your weigh in, hope it goes well.
PS I have been known to say G'day at times!!
The slim me - how is it going with the last bit to lose? I too have lost before and found the maintaining the hard bit
Goofy girl - how are you going?
To everyone else - keep going we can all do this!!!
Hope to hear from you all soon
Colleen

JerseyGyrl 03-20-2006 06:04 AM

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Angela, glad to hear you seem to be doing well with WW. As with any eating plan, it seems difficult at first but, before you know it, it will become a way of life and that is a good thing!:) Once you see the weight coming off, it does wonders for your self esteem & motivation.

When I first began Atkins, I weighed 245 lbs:o :o I was unhappy not to mention unhealthy. I was determined to lose this weight, not only to look better but, to feel better! People would tell me "Atkins is unhealthy!" (I take this from where it comes...people who have never read Dr. Atkins book and are totally uneducated about this WOE) I was determined. Determination pays off. Always remember, YOU are worth it! YOU can do this!!!:)

All the best to all of you!

Kim

the slim me 03-21-2006 01:44 PM

Hi everyone, I am doing well on my diet, which consists of just watching what I eat! I've been on enought diets to know if i'm eating ok. I don't even do points any more. I count calories if I stop losing or gain. Sometimes, even with being careful, you can slip in a few more calories than you think you're getting. I keep a journal and I make a menu every week, go grocery shopping to make sure I have the food in the house, so there are no excuses! It's just easier for me not to have to think about what i'm going to eat every day. I make too many bad decisions that way.

Good to hear everyone one elses tips. And it's good to know there is someone else out there to cheer you on.
Freda

deewhy 03-22-2006 03:10 AM

Hi everyone,
Day 3 and feeling good. I have been counting my points and making sure that I have been writing them down. It is 7pm here in Sydney, my eldest son is cooking dinner tonight. Beef and red wine casserole (Weight watchers).
He is calling out to me "tell all your friends I am a great son and also available"
He is actually a really good cook.
Hope everyone is going okay. I must start exercising more. What are you all doing for exercise?
Colleen

patce 03-22-2006 12:30 PM

Hello, all...can I join in? needing all the buddies & help I can find. Have 50pds to go. Sometimes #FC lets me post...other times not. BTW....I have a Grdau he might like...LOL...she'd kill me for saying that.Good luck to all,Pat

JULS,DOWNUNDER 03-23-2006 07:43 AM

HI everyone, can I join in too you sound like a fun group, I,m 48 mum of 5 all grown and a grandmum of 8 and one on the way, also doing the points plan, not really a diet more like a change of plan life choice, matter of training the old brain to agree healthy is best, junk food tool of devil very bad even if it does taste good, lol, I,m also from downunder country NSW , well let,s all stay focused and remember it,s not the journey it,s the destination that is important and OHHHH how great we will all look when we arrive, BYE FOR NOW ... JULS