Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #1  

Lightbulb Another Newbie :)

Hi all thought I would introduce myself, so here it goes!!!

I'm Leigh, a SAHM of 2 great kids a dd who is 12 and a ds who will be 8 next month. My significant other and I have been together for a year and a half. In the past little while I've really let myself go, I've never been "skinny" but I'd be happy with the curves I had when I was 21 I'm weighing in at a grand total of 212 and I'm about 5'1" tall so you can get the idea of how much weight I need to lose.... I'm aiming for pants sizes more then actual weight loss...Anyone else done that?

I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. So instead of belly aching I'm going to get down to buisness and lose this excess baggage

Anyone looking for a buddy I'd appreciate it. Nice to meet all you ladies!!

Leigh
puregrace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:46 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC, Leigh!
You have a great attitude. Look around the forum and post some more... there are so many wonderful, supportive people here. I wish you the very best!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Welcome Leigh... Good luck with your weight loss efforts! You can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/219/140

Default Hi

Hi Leigh,
We sound so similiar it's scary!!! I am 5'0 so I do know what that kind of weight your wearing! I am 38 and have a 12 year old son. With my husband for 2 years and the weight has just piled on since then! I always looked better when I was single!! lol. I too am not looking to be a barbie doll liked a little meat on me! Would love to be back to a size 12 or 14. Would be in heaven! I have just started on my diet a week ago and lost 7 1/2 Ibs but to be truthful had a bit of the flu so that helped with that! I started at 221.50 and size 20 pants and busting out of those! Now 214 and want to keep going was trying Sonoma but to constrictive just going to portion control, keep fats down(just learned have high cholestrol) and lose the sugar! Hope we have success! Ginny
ginny0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:03 AM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Smile Hi Leigh, I am a SAHM too..

Hi Leigh,
I have an 8 yr old and a 15 yr old. Like you I don't want to be a stick , I am ok at a size 14, because I am tall 5'8" so I like the curves. I weigh about 240 and am a size 22 , so I have alot to loose. I joined this forum a month ago but just started commiting my self to posting 2 days ago. I started exercising again the 1st of January, and it has helped, I don't know the #'s I have lost, but my clothes are looser, and my feet are not swollen with fluid.So I am happy. I just recently joined our YMCA and it is tough because there are so many college kids here exercising, and I feel so self consciense next to them. But I refuse to give up, I just want to be able to go down some clothes size and feel comfortable shopping. If you ever want to email me just send me a PM . You can do it!!!
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Leigh, and welcome!

You've come to the right place to find support and encouragement! It is amazing how much we can be there for one another just via cyberspace! The challenges and accountability you set up for yourself really make a difference!

Good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do it!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote