3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   100+ lbs to lose, any buddies out there? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/77423-100-lbs-lose-any-buddies-out-there.html)

NavyWifeDee 02-27-2006 10:37 AM

100+ lbs to lose, any buddies out there?

Hi! I'm Dee, and currently I am trying to lose 120 lbs.. just lost 10 and got seriously into some exercising, but need someone to help keep me motivated and to motivate. I am a 28 year old SAHM to 3 kids: Brooke 6, Connor 4, and Evan 2. Brooke is in school, thank goodness. I also have 2 dogs and a hubby in the Navy. When i was in the navy i weighed in at 160, a little chubby, but not bad at 5'8". 7 years, 3 kids and two surgeries (gallbladder and tube tying) later, I'm at 270, and dying to get back below 200. I have a goal of getting back to where I can run again, because I would like to run a marathon next year, but sometimes the motivation isn't there, and hubby isn't very motivating either.. (I love you no matter what you look like can be defeating sometimes, lol) .

Thanks
Dee

Angel33 02-27-2006 10:54 AM

Hi Dee,
I'm Leec, 33, married and mother to 2yr old Angelica.
I had to laugh about the comment that your hubby made to you. My husband says the exact same thing. You're right it isn't very motivating. It rates up there with the comment "You have such a pretty face, but...........". I don't know about you, but I am tired of hearing that as well.
Well welcome and good luck on your weight loss.
Talk to you soon.
Happy Monday!!

Liliann 02-27-2006 11:43 AM

Welcome Dee.. :bravo: on your 10 Lbs loss so far! It's a great start and keep up the good work.. I have over 100 Lbs to loose and you can PM anytime.. Good luck with your continue success.

Ariannas 02-27-2006 12:55 PM

Love

It seems we are all in the same situation. My dh says the same to me, and while I appreciate it, it doesn't really help when that choco cake is calling my name. :D

My name is Sarah, I two little ones, a 5yr old DD and a 1-1/2 yr old DS, they are my pride and joy!

I started this weight loss journey doing South Beach in January and so far have only lost 6 pounds, this is a real struggle for me, but I refuse to give up.

Good luck to all of us!

Sarah

NavyWifeDee 02-27-2006 02:16 PM

Thanks guys! It's so nice to know how many of us are together in this fight! Good luck to you all, and thanks for the support..

tigersgal 02-28-2006 07:51 PM

tigersgal 02-28-2006 07:52 PM

Just joined this site. Looks like it has great information. I need some serious motivation and any guidance on a weight loss plan- I have tried so many....

NavyWifeDee 02-28-2006 09:58 PM

Weight loss plan

Hi Tiger.... I'm not really one for too much guidance on actual weight loss plans. When I lost 70 lbs to join the Navy back pre-kids, I did the same thing I am doing now.. walked every day, and tried to walk a respectable distance, and just cut out the sodas and quite a lot of the bread. I eat a lot of soups, especially chicken, because I can make a huge stockpot full and eat it all week for lunch, and sometimes dinner, if I don't think I should have what hubby and the kids are having.. Mainly though, I've tried to stick with eating what I feed my kids, because I always tend to feed them much healthier than I feed myself, and they are wonderful in that they actually STOP eating when they know they are full, which is usually somewhere near the correct portion size.

desertdreamer 02-28-2006 10:33 PM

Hi Dee, it's wonderful to meet you. I'm Danielle, living in Arizona,36 & married,SAHM of 3-ages 13,11,9. If you wanna buddy up, I'd love to. I've got around 120 to lose as well. I've been struggling as of late, and am trying very hard to keep my motivation up. The scale is being very disaggreable with me despite the hard work I've been putting into this. Out of frustration I wonder sometimes why I bother but in my heart I know that I want to succeed at this once and for all. Together we can do it, strength in numbers and all that jazz! :)

I say we've got got a great group of husbands! They all love us no matter what our size, but hopefully they will see how important this really is to us and push us(supportively of course) and motivate the way we need them to.

I wish nothing but success for you on your journey. I look forward to getting to know you and walking beside you as we see this to the end. Good luck!

PM me anytime!

vaughnc5920 03-01-2006 09:42 AM

Hi! I'm Christen and I am a recently divorced mom of 3 (6,3,2) (Needless to say my husband wasn't that great).

I have got between 80 and 100 pounds to lose and I am all about supporting others. I am just getting started seriously doing this, and I need to have all of the support I can get. My mom and I started this diet together, and she already quit, so I can't give up.

Thanks

Angel33 03-01-2006 10:12 AM

Same Goal

Hi Christen,
I'm Leec,33,married and have a 2 year old.
Welcome to 3FC. You'll love it here. I've been on the site for a little over 2 weeks and it has been incredibly motivating to me. So don't give up, you can do it. I noticed that we have about the same amount of weight to lose and I know its not easy.
Good Luck on your weight loss.
Feel free to PM if you need a buddy.

vaughnc5920 03-01-2006 12:23 PM

Thanks

I am looking forward to the changing of my life. I am welcome to all the support and all the friends I can make!:hug:

hlansford 03-01-2006 09:44 PM

Hi Dee! Good luck with your weight loss. I am also new here and looking for support and a buddy. It sounds like we are in the same boat- prior military ladies who have had children and surgeries and have put on some pounds. I have just decided to go to Fla. in June and I have no intention of putting on a bathing suit with the way I look now. I'm looking for a buddy to help me along on this journey and would love to chat.

amblet 03-02-2006 02:42 AM

Hi I am Amber and I too have about 100 pounds to loss, according to the guys at Gold's Gym. I have 4 kids and have put on about 20 pounds with each of them. Then the last 20 came when I injured my knee in July. Had surgery on it in December and just Monday the doctor told me I would never go back to my former job as a nurse. I signed up with a gym paid for the personal trainer and am going to prove him wrong. I would love buddies.

~~Sunshine~~ 03-02-2006 09:33 AM

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck on your weight loss!! You can do it!!