Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #1  
periwinklepearl

S/C/G: 211/208/140

Unhappy New-I could realy use a buddy I started ww a couple of weeks ago, having trouble.

I need support despirately I have been struggling with my weight for most of my life. I am the heaviest that I have ever been, even when I was pregnant. I joined ww a few weeks ago. Lost 3 pounds the 1st week, stayed the same the 2nd week and this week gained 1 pound. I am under a lot of stress, I am in my 1st year of nursing school.
periwinklepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #2  

Welcome! I know how you feel. Nursing school can be so stressful. I know I have been an RN for 20 years. But it is so worth it. Just remember to pack yourself some low point food when you are at school so you won't be tempted to eat high fat stuff in the cafeteria. I envy you living if florida. You can go out walking. I am in very snowey upstate NY. Just remember this weight did not happen over night and it won't come off over night either.
NoraC40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/129

Default Me too!

Hi, I'm also an RN and living in Florida! I'm doing south beach diet, not ww. I began 2/8 and two friends from work are dieting with me. One on ww, one on SBD. I need to start working out, the food thing I'm doing ok with for now.

I work 12 hour night shifts and find that bringing my food and snacks is necessary to avoid the snack machines and cafeteria. And drinking the water!

Good luck and hang in there!

Maureennn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:27 PM   #4  

Hi Periwinkle! I'm not on WW (Atkins here) but thought I would stop by and at least give you an encouraging hug.. Sounds like you could use it.. Keep up the hard work, and always try and remind yourself that you are truly worth the effort!

Also if it anywhere close to your 'time of the month' you are going to go up in weight. That's the time you stay off the scale. And, if you are uping your water intake, you'll notice it too. Just pay attention to how your clothes feel first. You are still in the early stage.. Just hang in there! You can do this..
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:34 PM   #5  

Smile Need Buddy for WW

If interested in having a 1-1 diet buddy for ww please let me know. Hope to hear form you and good luck
Jammin620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #6  

I'm a WW Lifetime member, but a few pounds crept back on recently so I am following Core strictly for the next 3 weeks. That should do it. The Weight Watchers forums at 3FC are great--I especially like Slimmin Sistas.

Best wishes to all.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #7  

I am also interested in a one-one buddy for ww....periwinkle: our stats are SO close
BethMichelle1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #8  

Default Fellow Floridian

Hi! I am also doing WW and live in Florida. I would LOVE to find a walking buddy nearby. What part of Florida are you in? I live in the Space Coast.

Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:24 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Periwinkle... just want to say welcome!!! You've come to a great place for support and encouragement!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #10  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

I'm not a nurse, but I know the stress of getting started again - it's not easy. This past holiday was really tough - way too many food options; but we can move on and start again today!
Anyone know the links to the online food journals, etc. some members are posting?
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryinAgain5402
Anyone know the links to the online food journals, etc. some members are posting?
www.fitday.com

Welcome Everyone!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #12  

Hi! I am also new and although I only have a little bit to loose, it has been a huge struggle.
CarolVa1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:16 AM   #13  
My reward...

thanks Courtnie for the link - it's just what i was looking for. Next step is finding a calorie counter that shows what is needed for a 6'3" woman with my weight. Guess the people that do these charts think its unnatural for a woman to be this tall!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Tryin.... hey the people who write those charts think ALL of us should fit into their little molds. <G> I don't either but that's okay LOL. If I was the top weight they said I should be I would look like a beanpole LOL... I can lose weight but there is NO WAY I am ever going to be a tiny little stringbean that they think I should be .<G> And that's okay!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:44 AM   #15  
My reward...

Periwinklepearl - haven't heard back from you in a while. How's it going? Are you on countdown before summer break from school?