Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #1  

Question I WILL be a model again!!!

Okay, so heres my story. I used to be really into modeling. I had it set in my head that was what I was going to do for the rest of my life. Well, then I moved from the big city and now here I am, have not even TRIED to get signed by an agent in like over a year and I have somehow managed to gain 28lb!!! I swear I just woke up one morning and it was there and I have no idea where it came from. lol. When I realized this magic weight gain I went on about 10 crash diets the resulted in maybe 5lb. of loss that would be back within a week or two. Well now I am on a diet for good and it will really help me to be able to talk to other women who are trying to lose weight and keep it off so that is why I'm here. I've been on my diet for about 2 weeks now and have lost 7lb and I'm really proud of myself but I do not want to loose my faith and be back to 136 in a couple weeks. I am determined to get to 115 and STAY there!!! After I have proven to myself that I can do that I would really like to get back into modeling, not the be the next Tyra Banks or anything, but just because it is a lot of fun, it's extra money and it makes me care a lot more how I eat and take care of myself so I HAVE to stay on track... Tell me I'm not crazy... lol
blueeyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You're not crazy!
What kind of food plan have you been following? Are you into exercise?
We'll find some threads for you to fit right in.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #3  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

We have the same goal weight. How tall are you? I'm 5'6".

It sounds like you have at least one really good motivation to lose weight, but you have to realize that if you don't want to gain back lost weight over and over then you need to make this a lifestyle change. You need to change your eating and exercise habits for the better for the long-term, rather than just until you get down to 115. That's why you need to pick a nutrition/exercise program that will work for you throughout life.

My advice is to read as much as you can on nutrition and exercise in the next few weeks. Learn how to nourish your body through eating right and exercising. Portion control, veggies, fruits, whole grains, fiber, lean protein, good fats (like ev olive oil, salmon, avocados, etc.) are all very important in your diet and will help you to reach your goal.

One last thing. You said that you want to be a model for the rest of your life, but most models careers end in their 30's (maybe 40's). You should follow your dream, but you should also learn how to do something else, if not to make a living then for your own personal growth.

Good luck! And to 3fc! You'll love it here!
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote