Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2006, 05:11 AM   #1  

Default New to the site, looking for a buddy! Need to lose ALOT!

Im new to this site, and its wonderful! Everyone is so positve and it has really helped me to start out! I am 25 years old and am 317 lbs...my goal is to get to 160 or so...somewhere around where I should be... I am really going to do this and was looking for a buddy or 2 to help along the way!!
carriehalsne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #2  

Location: In the great state of Iowa long the Mississippi River

S/C/G: 285.0/285/180.0

Height: 5'10

Smile Hello Buddy!!

hi! My name is Lori and I am 32 . When I weighed myself on 1-3-06 I weighed 270lbs. My goal is to weigh 170lbs or 180lbs again and I would love to be your buddy!! I am currently following thw weight watcher plan since it offers the most flex for me ( I have a husband and 3 small children I cook for so I need to be able to fix one meal that every one can eat) also it seems to be the most realistic for me. I need something that is a lifestyle change and to me weight watchers is it.

Let me know if you are interested in being buddys,

Lori
mommapossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #3  

I too need buddies!! I am new to this and need help being held accountable... I am starting WW and am excited!!
Gracie W4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/281/255

Height: 5'7"

Hi there! I agree, everyone has been supportive and friendly so far. I have a lot of weight to lose as well...and I am in the middle of my first week and am dying to get on the scale and see if I have progressed, but my husband hid it because I was always looking at my weight...

I'd love another buddy or two as well!! Let me know!

Stephanie
Familyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #5  

Red face

Can I be a part of your buddy system here as well. I'd love to check back here often for some chat on diets, exercise and share in encouragment.

I gained a lot of weight during my first pregnancy. My baby was born last August and have a lot of weight to lose. I can get easily discouraged to coming here might help. I am currently on the Atkins diet and am on day 3. I have not weighed myself yet but feel as though I am losing weight. I promised myself I would wait at least a week before I weighed myself again. Giving the diet to kick in a bit. Now I just need to start working out!

Buffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:49 PM   #6  

I was so happy to see the replies to my post! I made it through another day of my new lifestyle! I love this site, you all are so positive and helpful and I look forward to getting my motivation here! Hopefully I will have more time tomorrow to respond to each of you individually...keep up the good work!
carriehalsne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #7  

Hi! my name is Brandy. I'm 20 and i weigh 205. I too am looking for a buddy! Actually i found this site while i was looking for a new diet to try. What are you doing? maybe we can do it together! my goal also is to get down to 160 (the weight i was when my husband met me) I'd love to buddy up with you so let me know!
bskaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #8  
steve

Default new member looking for support!

I am also looking for a buddy, I am a 34 Yr old man (is that unusual here?) I weigh 260-I have weighed 330 at my highest, 230 at my lowest. I was seemingly doing very well through this previous summer,(230) but I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, painful, sometimes debilitating, but otherwise not scary. anyways, I am now at home on disability and eating like there is no tomorrow, I am married and am the primary child care provider for our daughter (Abbey, 18months) I keep a food/calorie/feelings diary which is helpful but I think about food CONSTANTLY and have plenty of time...
Napa Valley is offline   Reply With Quote