Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #1  

Default I'm NEW! Jen: 22 year old, 6'2", 291 lbs- want to be 200lbs(or less)

Hi there everyone! I decided Wednesday that I've HAD it being fat. Been that way my whole life... I'm okay with being big (I'm 6'2", heck, I'll never be a waif- I don't have the body structure for it!) but I don't want to be FAT!!!!

During the summer of '03 I ate good and exercised 5-7x's a week (weight lifting, cardio, running/jogging) and lost 45 lbs in 3 months. The pics I have in my gallery of me at 215lbs are after that little experiment. I felt great and it was NOT hard.

But then school got hard, I got a boyfriend, and my "spare time" went down the tubes. I was more worried about graduating at the top of my class and getting into a Ph.D program... I made sure every aspect of my life was top-notch and let my health go to the by-way. I firmly believe that having a boyfriend is the WORST thing for your health... all we do is sit around, eat, and nothing ever changes. He works 80 hours a week, I'm in a Ph.D program that consumes my life and eating good just isn't a worry.

But now it is for me. I woke up Wednesday morning and was looking in the mirror at the back of my hair and realized how much "back fat" I had. I was grossed out by my own body. ::sigh:: I decided then and THERE that I am going to START and not STOP a weight-loss plan. Funny thing is, then I went to my one psychology class and almost the entire 3 hour lecture was about Why people are fat, what is the best way to lose weight, blah blah blah.

So I'm doing it. A little at a time. A girlfriend of mine does weight watchers, and I've adapted that into my plan a little. I know what worked easily for me before, but now I'm using their points guideline to parse out what foods I *thought* were okay to eat, versus what counts as more points on the WW plan. (for ex: I used to think as long as it didn't have a lot of FAT, it was ok. It worked for me, but the points thing will work even better, I hope!).

It's tough b/c I still live at home with overweight family members and I don't have a lot of money of my own (darned tuition!). So buying good food is tough, not having other people eat it is tougher. And resisting the temptation of ice cream, chips, etc is even HARDER. If I lived on my own, I just wouldn't buy it and it wouldn't be in my house. Which makes it a lot easier for me.

Anyhow... there's the long of it! I'm currently 291 lbs (as of Wed, 11/16/2005) and want to be 200 lbs. It's sad, b/c I worked my tail off to get to 215 (a loss of 45) and now I have to lose almost DOULBE that to get back to that place!!! I need SUPPORT!!!!

Thanks guys!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jen!

You've come to the right place for support!! Everyone here is fantastic! It must be (and WILL be) tough to have "bad" food in your environment while you're working to lose weight (I'm lucky because I live alone -- if there was junk food around I'd suck it up like a vacuum cleaner!) Good luck and keep posting questions, ideas, etc. Like I said, everyone at 3FC is wonderful!
Old 11-17-2005, 05:11 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey Jen!
If you want me to be your buddy......I'm in!
Old 11-18-2005, 03:28 AM   #4  

Thanks! Wow! good for both of you! It will be good for me to hear the joys and sorrows that other people are going through just like me. :-) Thanks again!
Closed Thread