3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Pick me !!! Looking for a buddy !! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/68546-pick-me-looking-buddy.html)

momof5 11-14-2005 03:53 PM

Pick me !!! Looking for a buddy !!

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a weight loss buddy. I live in Texas, am 43 years old and a full-time working mother of five children. Currently, I weight about 190 pounds and need to lose about 55 pounds. I don't eat very much (or least I don't think I do). Because of my problems with my quadriceps I haven't exercised like I used to or even like I need to. I am looking for someone to help me out when I get ready to reach for the chocolate candy I put on my desk for my co-workers (mmmmm I love chocolate !!) and to just be there for support. So, as Mr. Rogers would say...." won't you be, won't you be....please won't you be my "weight loss buddy" :carrot:

Penguina 11-14-2005 04:03 PM

I'm not sure i'm of much help coz i'm linving in the UK but I will gladly drop in on you for updates and such. Are you new to the boards?

momof5 11-14-2005 04:11 PM

Yes, I am new to the boards. I read the website daily. I am hoping that it will encourage me a little more than I have been as far as losing weight. How are you doing and what are your goals.

snoskater 11-14-2005 09:53 PM

:wave: LOL!! Pick me!! Pick me!! LOL!!
Don't ya just love these boards?? I think they're great!! I too am a mom, I have 4 boys, and am 44. Back in January I came here and from the support I received I was able to lose 62 lbs. (yeah!) Okay, now enter the present. Bad news...I went fell off of the "eat healthy" wagon and gained back 20 lbs!! (yuck) Good news...I have jumped back on and am in the right mind set to start up again. Bad news...terrible timing...holidays are coming up...food, desserts, candy EVERYWHERE!! I'd love to have a weight loss bud!! I NEED to have a weight loss bud!!
Hope to hear from you...post back here or send me a pm. Take care.
Lisa

homemade 11-14-2005 10:27 PM

hey I am new to this site, I am 70 lbs overweight, I have 1 17 year old daughter moved away in Sept to College, just me, hubby (thin) and 3 dogs. We have started eating healthy and by the "Jumpins" I plan to stay on it. I have warned my hubby no more junk food, he use to say he bought it for our daughter, but we ate more than her. So I am looking for a buddy, oh I am also 44, I thought that was cool

momof5 11-14-2005 10:31 PM

Hey Snoskater,
WOW!! A 62lb loss. what a accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself. Gaining back 20 lbs is not bad, does this mean that you only need to lose 20 lbs. ?

Also, you are a mom of 4 boys, I am a mom of 5 children, 4 boys and 1 girl. The boys are 13, 11 1/2, 10, 6 and 2 1/2. How old are your children?

Together we can do it.............

grannybee43 11-14-2005 10:38 PM

I would love to have a buddy, I am 48 and my hubby is always bringing in junk food. I hate that its everywhere and when I get hungry I grab it because its quick and easy.
He even hides it in his truck..........so he says hey I think I need to lose weight and I answer with *then clean out your truck and the cabinets*

SunnyKells 11-14-2005 11:22 PM

Welcome! I know you'll find the support & motivation you need here! If you ever need an extra kick in the butt to motivate you, let me know, I'm your girl :)

momof5 11-15-2005 12:12 AM

Hello everyone,
Homemade and Grannybee43......I am so glad to have you in our circle. I usually read the posts on this website oh about 25 times a day. I am about to turn in and since I made my weight ticker, I guess I had better check....you know just to see if maybe....maybe...I lost a pound since my first post.....LOL. Have a great evening everyone :carrot:

snoskater 11-15-2005 03:03 AM

:flow1: Hi Everyone!!
Oh, momof5, I only wish I had reached my goal!! I was only about half way to it...now instead of only about 60 more to go...I've probably got more like 70 or 80 to go!!I don't know though...when I get there I'll know it!! It's just sooooo hard starting up again when I already had such a good start. How depressing!! I'm a major yoyo dieter...always have been...losing the weight is easy...it's keeping it off that is sooooo hard!! I've already lost 7 pounds....so I'm on my way!! LOL!!
I have 4 boys, like I said...(never got that girl!!) they are 16, 14, 8 and 7. I also have 2 dogs and too many cats!! It's like a circus around here and everyone keeps me jumping...but I always manage to find my way to the fridge...or the nearest drive-thru.
I would love to hear what everyone is doing to lose weight!!
Well, it's late...off to bed. Take care.
Lisa

mjs 11-15-2005 05:33 AM

Grannybee43 and everyone else: With so many things that are quick and easy now, it makes it more of a job to lose weight. Multi tasking to save time also has made things difficult. Since I started reading this web site, I have tried to change some of the things I do. Weekends, if I'm not at work, I try and do meals up for the week and freeze them in individual containers. (Hopefully getting rid of the drive thru urge). I park farther away from the office and take the stairs. I've only been doing these things for a little over a week, so I will have to wait and see how it has helped.

Good luck to everyone.
MJ

sharilynn 11-15-2005 07:00 AM

Hello, I'm new to this website so I don't know if this will get to you or not. Let me know if it does because I'm looking for a buddy too. I'm 42, 188 pounds, and have 4 children. Sounds like we have a lot in common. Gotta go for now. Talk soon......sharilynn

momof5 11-15-2005 11:07 AM

Good Morning

Good Morning all,
I hope everyone is having a fabulous morning.

:welcome2: MJ and Sharilyn. WOW !!! You know what is so funny. You would think that with 5 children, I would be skinny as a twig right !!! :lol:

But that's okay. :cry: I will survive.....we all will. My goal for 2006 is to lose more....well to lose something....well just to lose. Are you with me !!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

momof5 11-15-2005 03:15 PM

Good Afternoon ladies.....
How is everyone doing....Penguina - how are things in the UK, Snoskater - how is the day going for you and your boys, Homemade - What's up girl, Grannybee43 - How are you doing today, MJS - How is life treating you today, Sharilynn - How are you and your 4 doing today?

This group is rather quiet today..... let's see if I can wake everyone up.... :woo: :cheer: :woo: :cheer:

Roz

djmommy 11-15-2005 04:28 PM

wow I am so interested also. I am a mom of 2 boys ages 8and 6. I am 42 years old and weigh 190. Yuck I but on 25 pds last year alone because my husbands job took him to anothe r state. So the house was on the market and the stress set in agh. I was mom and took care of EVERYTHING so I did not work out and I ate anything and everything. So here I am ready to start something that I hope will work. I hope you all do not mind if I join in too.I relly could use as much support as poss. I do have a thyroid issue. My meds seem to be good. My weight loss may not be as fast as most but even a little would be great. I did weigh in today I lost 5 pds. But I also ate some cookies. We will see what happens. Yesturday I did awesome. I am currently trying ww core. I was on sb but I need my fruit and carbs. Anyway good luck ladies and I sure hope we are all successful.