Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #1  
Mari

Default I need a buddy!! I'm a Christian SAHM, needing to lose 15 lbs, looking for a match!

Hello all! I'm a Christian SAHM of 2 little ones, I have 15 pounds left to get to goal, but I need help/support. Is anyone in a similar situation to mine who wants to buddy up?? I need some accountability and encouragement and am willing to give the same!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #2  

Yep count me in... I will be there for you if you will be there for me.. do you have yahoo instant messenger?? Gina
Old 11-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #3  
Mari

Cool! Nice to meet you Gina! You know, I don't do IM anymore, with two little ones, I can never just sit and type, I need to squeeze it in when I find a minutes rest. I'm going to start up gung-ho on Monday morning. I need the weekend to clear out all the junk food from this house so I can hit goal by the new year!! What diet are you doing, anything specific? I've done WW in the past, I'll probably be doing that again, although I wanted to look into something for sugar or carb addicts because that's me!
Old 11-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #4  
I choose

Mari,

How old are your kids? I have a three-year-old, whose birthday is today so I'm definitely not starting with my good resolutions till next week. I'm not a SAHM like you, but it occurs to me that if you're home all day with more than one kid, I can definitely see where you might be overeating just from stress (that's what I often do when my daughter is fussy and I'm already tired from work). I know for me, stress is the single biggest reason I overeat.

Gina - you're headed to 120? That's awesome...I haven't seen that weight on the scale since I was 17. Good luck!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:58 PM   #5  

Im a weight watcher, Id be totally lost without weight watchers. GinaH
Old 11-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #6  
Mari

Hi Shannon! Nice to meet you! Happy birthday to your 3 year old! I have 2 kiddos, 4 year old boy and 1 year old girl. I don't think I eat so much over stress as I used to, usually it's just because I WANT to eat. like I see it and want it or think about it and don't tell myself no, I just go get it. That kitchen is always right there! And also my dh is gone a lot, so that lonelyness factor is there as well. But anyway, I really want to get back to goal. I think I look o.k., but want to look better and fit back into those prepregnancy jeans. Are you doing any diet in particular?? Is tomorrow the day you are starting too, or is it the following week?? I'll be starting tomorrow, I'm really ready for it this time. (although by 3 pm tomorrow, that might change!LOL!) I have to weigh in and do some measurements in the morning.
Mari
Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 PM   #7  
Mari

Shannon and Gina, just wanted to let you know I won't be on 3 fat chicks anymore, I'm looking for something a bit more active, but best of luck to the two of you!
Closed Thread