Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:41 AM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Buddies Christmas Goal Group Nov 09/05

Good Morning everyone!

Hope your day is off to a good start, here is a Quote to start the day:

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals." Anonymous

Don't let those obstacles become too big.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:53 PM   #2  
The Rockstar Bride To Be

Today has been one of my harder days...
I didn't sleep too well lastnight (steam burns = constant state of ouch!), and when I did... I think my head hit the pillow 5 minutes before my alarm went off.

My oatmeal was a little runny, I haven't fully detoxed from my caffeine loss, and i'm hitting the bathroom every 4 minutes it seems like.

I'm anxiously awaiting my lunch... Thai Peanut Chicken. Yum. Who says Healthy Choice can't make good food?

Just looking for a little boost today. I almost caved into the peanut M&Ms, but instead... I hid them. I'l get through this... can't wait until Friday...

How's everyone else doing?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #3  
Losing for Life!

Sevenfold, good for you on the dinner last night, with all your walking you are probably losing some inches I bet you will be lovely in your dress. Those burns sound painful, can you take something for the pain? Maybe a little sleepytime tea would help you relax a little bit. Good Girl on the M&M’s, maybe you can work them into your plan one day this week so you can eat them and enjoy them. It can be hard if we start to feel like taking care of ourselves is too much work. You will feel better soon and once you start sleeping better you will be stronger and be able to deal with the pressures more easily. Don’t be too hard on yourself. You still have control.

Cosmo, Welcome, it is never to late to join us. It sounds like you have a good plan in place for yourself. As for healthy meals I have completely changed the way my whole family is eating and they don’t even know it. I still make everything I used to make only I have adjusted the recipes to be lower in fat and sugar. If you need any help with that let me know. I love playing with recipes. So if you have some favorites just send them to me and I will see what I can do with them for you.

Laura, it is a good idea not to exercise today if you strained yourself yesterday you don’t want a serious injury. You will be back at it soon enough.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #4  

Default So far so good!

Hello everone and welcome newbies. This is a great site and you will get lots of support. I really started getting back into the healthy lifestyle swing of things and met my 1st goal of weighing myself, and 2nd goal is moderation & 8 glasses water/day. I found that by adding a squeez of lemon & a lime to water or club soda is really good and I don't have trouble getting the water down. I hurt my knee yesterday at the gym, so I am a little disapointed I probably won't get there today but that is o.k. I will work on abs tonight and maybe some pushups or something.

Well, I am keeping at'er sofar and I am going to weigh myself on Friday again and see as I am feeling better in my jeans.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:22 PM   #5  

OK, I just weighed in this morning and I'm down 3 pounds!!! Yay!

And I discovered something yesterday that I thought I'd share - Coldeeze gum. It's supposed to help keep you from getting a cold, and/or make it go away faster. But it completely cut my appetite. I couldn't believe it. I'm sure it has sugar in it (it's a nutritional supplement, so no calorie info...) but I'm adding it to my "just in case" pocket of my purse.

And I have a lot of trouble getting all my water too, but herbal tea has been a lifesaver. I'm drinking like 4-5 big mugs a day, and almost completely off coffee. I feel a lot better. Green tea kind of upsets my stomach, but I know it's SO good for you, so I'm trying to alternate it in. We'll see.

I can't wait to see our next group loss update. We rock!

Best to everyone,
Emily

(I tried to add an avatar and a new tracker, but I'm really terrible at that stuff. Let's see if it works...)
Old 11-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #6  

Nope did it wrong, here's a second attempt...
Old 11-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #7  
Losing for Life!

lazeedayzee, You Rock! 3 pounds gone

I hope you are feeling great, you deserve it!

On the green tea, it tastes the best if you don't use boiling water on it, just bring the water to before it boils and steep the tea for around 45 seconds and it may not bother your tummy so much. I am a green tea addict, and have been drinking it for years but I cannot tolerate it if it has been made with boiling water.

I can't wait to get the totals for the end of the month, it is going to be big!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #8  
On my way!

Congrats on the loss Emily

It's been a busy day around here. After I exersized I scrubbed all of our baseboards, cleaned all the windows inside and out, cleaned my living room, and kitchen *whew*

I'm hoping for a loss when I weigh in on Friday *crosses fingers*
Old 11-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #9  

Hi Guys! I think I replied on the old thread yesterday! Oh well!
Lost 5 pounds, but I usually have one good week, then a bad week (I should only weigh fortnightly! But of course I can not wait that long!)

Today I feel sick (after breakfast I felt like throwing up!) I didn't have many veges in the fridge, so to fill up my scrambled eggs I added zucchini and frozen peas! (YUCK!! never... never... put peas into egg!!!!!!!! I picked it all out, and I still feel sick!!!!!!!!!!)
I don't know why i did it! (i usually have onion, tomato, zucchinni and mushroom, why oh why did I think Peas would be OK!!!!!!!!!)

Today I want to do a light weight workout, if I can fit it in! (yesterday I had a day off, went to the movies AGAIN!. Saw Wolf Creek on Tuesday, and Flight Plan last night.!) The first is terrifying, in the fact it really happened here in Australia, the second is good, like all Jodie Fosters movies.

Cheers
sonja
Old 11-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #10  

Everyone sounds like they are doing great. I tried something last night that just may work for me. I quit eating after 6pm. I had what I wanted to eat when I got home and didn't feel deprived, but didn't graze for the rest of the evening. I'm hoping this will help me not feel like I'm missing out on all the things I love. We'll see how it does with the weight loss. I walked on the treadmill for 1/2 hr first and then ate and when 6 came I got busy doing other things.
Way to go to all of you that are really doing great. You are inspiring!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #11  
Cynical RedHead

Smoo - between the exercise and cleaning house, it sounds as if you have had quite a busy day! I clicked on your weblink, and just wanted to say that you are doing and looking great!

Icedragon - eww! peas in your eggs? I would have felt sick too But I can't stand peas unless they are fresh and raw. I put the same (normal) things in my eggs that you do (zucchini, tomato, onion, mushroom). I also like asparagus in my eggs.

Onmyway - I have heard a lot of people say to not eat after 6 or 7 p.m. Unfortunately, I usually don't even get home until 7 or later. I do try to just eat dinner and then not snack afterward.

I am feeling grumpy today. It is the first day of TOM, and I have really bad cramps. Plus, DH is haranguing me about how much he wants pizza tonight. I was finally like, if you want pizza, just get it. I do not want pizza So then he says, what about chinese? can we get chinese food? First, I hate chinese food and he knows it. I only like japanese. Second, he knows I am dieting!!! Then, completely randomly, i mean not even related to pizza or chinese, he says well how about we go pick up some fresh steaks and have those and a salad for dinner?

So now we are having steak and a salad for dinner. But how is that even in the universe of wanting pizza or chinese? Okay, done ranting! I just get frustrated sometimes (especially when it is TOM and my temper has a hair-trigger)
Old 11-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #12  
Trying harder than before

Today has been a good day so far....i actually ate breakfast rather than just grabbing some coffee and running out the door. I also woke up earlier and went to the gym before work and walked 30 min (1.25 miles). I am trying to work myself up to running for 30 mins...but i am NOT a runner so we will see where that takes me.

I have also desided to set up a set work out schedule traking my gym time, mixing up the classes with weight training, and ALWAYS doing th treadmill.

I had left over meatballs for lunch and will be making spagetti for dinner...NOT super heathly, but better than fast food or take out!

i am going to start tinkering with my meals, switching sugar for splenda and so fourth and see if he notices...hopefully not!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #13  
Losing for Life!

onmyway811, On the stop eating at 7p.m. thing the new story on this is that you should stop eating 3 hours before bed so if you go to bed at 10 then 7 is the cutoff, if you go to bed at 11 then 8 is the cutoff etc. This makes sense to me.
You are doing great with the treadmill, keep it going!

FishWoman, I always let my hubby know when I have my period so he will leave me alone! He likes to eat chips and salsa in front of me when I am all carb crazy from my tom, we should all have a nice quiet condo we could go to to be alone for that week, it would be heaven.

cosmo, good for you for having some breakfast, I am not into eating in the morning but I made myself do it all last week and the weight loss was good so it may be a good thing. Spaghetti can be a healthy meal I make a sauce that is only 3 points per cup and if I use whole wheat pasta even better. If you haven't tried whole wheat pasta it seems to have improved in taste, I didn't like it last time I tried it but I don't mind it now. Let us know if hubby notices your changes, so far my family haven't and they are usually very picky.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #14  
Losing for Life!

I have just discovered that there are a couple of other Christmas Goal threads on the board and I have offered them a challenge of either meeting or beating our total weight loss!

Can we beat them Ladies? Yes we can! I don't know yet if they will accept the challenge they may be too afraid We are a formidable group!

I know how strong we all are I know we have what it takes, it is time to get serious it's time to get the veggies on the plate it's time to show em what we are made of!

Can we do it? YES! WE! CAN!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi

Today was not such a good day but in the whole scheme of things, I didn't have an overload of calories or fat. I had the normal calore intake of a person not dieting, so I will just try extra hard tomorrow. I lost 2 pounds this week, so I'll have to change my tracker, if I can figure that out. It's great having you all here, you're so inspirational!
Closed Thread