Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:28 PM   #46  
Losing for Life!

Emily, I know how hard it is for me to workout in the evening I have no interest in it at all. Have you ever tried going in the morning, I have a friend who gets up an hour early so she can do that and she says she loves it.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:05 AM   #47  

Weigh in tomorrow, I am anxious this week, maybe because of TOM?
Done well excercise wise this week, but gee today I really needed a day off, but I am having trouble telling myself it is ok to have a recovery day! (my legs are sore from running yesterday)

I have actually reached a point when I enjoy that I can excercise, like I kayaked 5km against the tide... like WOW!!! Its a huge adrenaline rush. I hated running, used to cheat at school sport, we had to run 5km in sport, but i used to take a short cut, then i used to walk, then my mum wrote me a note saying i did not have to do it. So really I have never been able to run in my life. Now here I am at 30! trying to run 7km! is that a power trip or what?? I think it is amazing, I never thought i could, until i really gave it a go! it was just the fear of failure! Once you get past that fear, or the fear of people watching and laughing! Gee my best friends son laughs at me, and says "you look sooooo funny running" and I said "too bad, deal with it!"

Everyone keep up your high spirits, and enjoy what you are doing for yourselves.
Sonja
Old 11-15-2005, 06:45 AM   #48  
singletrack chick

good morning ladies. i am fixing to go out for my run. gotta make it quick though. we are supposed to have tornado like winds and thunderstorms today. great, i have to deliver (food) and go to class. arrrrgggg. anyway. I did AWESOME on my food yesterday. 1400 calories and 45 minutes of pilates. i am very pleased. its amazing how many calories i shave off when i skip that glass of wine with dinner.

everyone have a great day.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #49  

Yay!!! I did it! I went to the gym! I did a 60 min. pilates class and 20 min. on the exercise bike. Woohoo! (now to do it again.....)

Hi Sheri! - yes, in my mind, I know that morning workouts would probably be the best thing, apparently it's better for you too, gets you started off on the right foot. But I just can't get my butt moving that early. And I'm also not a fan of showering at the gym, so I'd much rather go home grubby than to work grubby. (my gym is right next to my office) But I might try a yoga class, I never get too sweaty in those. We'll see.

In any case, I am noticing muscles that I swear weren't there yesterday. Pilates is hard!

Icedragon - you are hilarious! You used to cheat in gym class?! I would have LOVED to do that, but I was a big chicken. I absolutely loathe running - I'm terrible at it.

But get this - I was working with a trainer when I lived in LA, and I told her that I hate running outside because I always end up going too fast and panting like I'm going to die, and then I have to stop and walk just so I can breathe. So I ended up alternating sprinting and then walking every 2 minutes or so. You know what she said?

"That's perfect!"

Apparently, it's called intervals, and it's very chic in the fitness world right now. It's supposed to work out your body differently, shaking it up so it doesn't know what's coming next, improving your results. Well, I don't know if it made much difference, but it made me feel better about looking weird.

But good for you with your 7K run - that's a huge deal! And you should make your friend's son run it with you. So you can make fun of him. ;0)

OK, I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

Best,
Emily
Old 11-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Did great on my food intake yesterday, well, I was only able to eat 843 calories (Didn't bring enough food this day). But today I will log 1141 calories.

Did my workouts yesterday also. 30 minutes high intensity aerobics and 30 minutes of upper body weight training. I sure hope that I can keep up this pace. I still have to pick out two days to do two extra workouts in the morning. But will take it one day at a time.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:32 PM   #51  
Losing for Life!

Sonja, you really do a lot of different exercise, I have to get at that hurdle this week. I have 2 of my new Richard S tapes and now it is time to start dancing the pounds away.

Laura, way to go, I knew you could do it. And staying within your calorie range too. Awesome!

Emily, you are doing great that is a lot of sweat for one day!

My weigh in was this am and I am down .8. Well almost a whole pound so I will not complain. I think I had too much salt but I will know for sure next week.

We are doing so well, this thread rocks!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:42 PM   #52  

Yes I had an array of excuses to use to cheat in gym.
Once I told the teacher I lost a braclet in the playground! And spent the whole class sitting pretending to look for it! (I didn't even own one!)
I hated gym so much! All the other girls were fit, super girls! And I was just ME!
I have been building up the interval running, that is how i started, And I had to really slow myself down, and found I could keep going longer! I just jog at a slow but steady pace, I will work to getting a little faster though.

Amazingly lost 2 pounds this week , even with TOM! so the hard work has helped, having a couple days rest though, maybe I will only get in a walk today.

I hate working out in the evening, but here it is too hot during the day, tried to go for a run while the kids were at school, did a lap of the oval, then ran home and used the treadmill for 1/2 hour with the air con on! Am I a chicken or what! So really I have to use the evening, I wish I could do something in the morning, then I could relax during the day, knowing I have done my bit for that day. But alas summer is only warming up still! lot worse to come.

Cheers
Sonja
Old 11-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #53  
Cynical RedHead

Hi ladies!

I am very frustrated today. I was happy last week because I lost three pounds. Now, I have gained two of those pounds back I don't understand it. I averaged 1420 calories per day last week, and I did at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 of the 7 days. So how did I gain?

I haven't even moved my tracker back up yet. I just don't get it. I try so hard and it's just pointless.

I don't know what else to do other than not eating at all.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:26 PM   #54  

Fishwoman -

Take a deep breath, count to ten, and don't you dare starve yourself.

I have given up so many diets/exercise routines because I worked out like a mad-woman, just to find my "fat" jeans didn't even fit. I got so discouraged, but really it was because my muscles bulked up. You're probably getting really buff! What kind of cardio are you doing? I can't do the stairmaster any more because my quads bulk up instantly and make me feel like a cow. Too emotionally draining. Maybe when I thin down a bit. But in any case, it's most likely muscle.

Give it another week. My weight fluctuates so much, I still haven't lost yet this week, but when I weighed myself on Sunday, I was up 3 pounds! Did not feel good. But this morning I was back down again. Go figure.

Hang in there. You're getting healthier. I think you should totally wait a week before you move your tracker.

You are doing really great!!! I went to the gym ONCE. In MONTHS. And I'm patting myself on the back. Baby steps...
Old 11-15-2005, 08:25 PM   #55  
Losing for Life!

Could it be TOM? Nasty little sucker has been to see me twice this month! That is not fair at all.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:54 AM   #56  
On my way!

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I haven't checked in much this week, it's been hectic here. Things are going great, I've gotten in my exercise everyday and have been eating OP. I'm anxious for my weigh in at the end of the week (hard to resist the temptation to step on that scale).
Old 11-16-2005, 08:16 AM   #57  
singletrack chick

good morning ladies. went out for my run yesterday and it was a balmy 72 degrees outside, this morning, 39! took the puppy with me but she was acting strange, i don't know if it was the sudden cold or what. so we only ran for about 25 minutes. then i came home and did 15 minutes of intensive yard raking. i despise black walnuts!!!!!
anyway my arms feel like jello, and i worked up more of a sweat raking than i did running. i need to go into the landscaping business i think.

everyone in this thread is doing so well. mornings that i dont' feel like getting any excercise in, i open up this thread and it really motivates me to get off my butt and go.

hope everyone has a superb day.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #58  

Default Jamie

How are you doing Jamie?? Sorry I haven't checked in sooner. I have done well with the exercise, but need to work on my eating more. It's been one of those weeks. Went to see CATS last night. It was awesome. Tried to eat sensibly but did have a beer with my friends at supper .
Hope you are doing ok.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:04 AM   #59  
Cynical RedHead

Lazeedayzee - thanks for your words of encouragement. I wouldn't really starve myself, but i get so tired of doing everything right and not seeing any results. Plus, with the fluctations, I don't know what my *real* weight is. Is it the heavier weight or the lighter one? As a sort of pessimistic person, I always assume the heavier weight is correct

I am feeling a little less frustrated today. I went home and did 30 minutes of yoga and the stretching felt really nice and tension-releasing. For cardio I switch between the elliptical and running. I lift weights once a week (supposed to be 2 times, but that rarely happens).

Laura - I think we are about to have the same cold snap you just had. This morning it was 66, but by nightfall it is supposed to be in the low 50's, and tomorrow morning in the 30's. Brr! What type of puppy do you have? We have two English Springer Spaniels. The boy is 5 years old and the girl is about 8 months old.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #60  

Eeek! I weighed in this morning, and I'm down another two pounds this week! Yay!

(I always count the lower weight. As long as my little 3-5 pound range keeps going down, then I know I'm progressing. It's maybe not "absolutely the most accurate thing ever", but it's fairly honest, and it keeps me motivated.)

Smoo - you are awesome! Such an amazing loss. Congratulations! And I peeked at your site, very very nice.
Closed Thread