Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #16  
singletrack chick

felt much better this morning. went on a short run and then came home and did some strenght training. i forgot how much i enjoy that, so i think i'll start slowly adding more and more in to my routine. everyone is doing so well. great work ladies.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #17  
Cynical RedHead

I was in a bit of a better mood last night - DH made us a light ceasar salad and italian flank steak. It was very delicious. Then I was very good and just had a fudgesicle for dessert rather than the chocolate bar I wanted.

I don't really like to eat in the morning either, but I have been trying to make myself eat breakfast every day. Usually I will buy a serving of cereal and a cup of f.f.milk at the deli below my office, but then not eat it until around 10. Then I try to justify that I did so eat breakfast, because it was cereal. The past three days I have actually eaten b'fast around 8 a.m. at home. DH makes me 1/2 english muffin with 1 slice canadian bacon, 1 thin slice cheddar, and 1/4 cup egg beaters. It has been keeping me satisfied until my snack around 12:30 (either a piece of fruit, or 1% cottage cheese and some berries).

Sheri - i am up for a contest with other christmas groups! I will contribute every pound I can toward our totals. Not just for me, you know, but for the team!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #18  
On my way!

I weighed in early (couldn't resist) and have lost another pound

I got up early this morning and did my exercise (jiggle free abs-and upper body sculpt) even though I didn't want to. Now I'm getting ready to go hit those stores and do a little Christmas shopping.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #19  

Default Up to the chanllange- absolutely!

Challange shmallange, we gotter in the bag! I am even going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, I will get one last jog in tonight after work and not eat after 6:45 pm and hopefully I will have dropped at least a pound. Now that the challange is on though, I am going to step things up a little. I have an anniversary party on Saturday though that I am a little worried about, there will be wine and perogies & cabbage rolls - oh my! moderation moderation moderation - and boy, I need to dig really deep to utilize my will power or I could be in big trouble.

Congratulations lazeedazee on loosing 3 pounds and Smoo too, a pounds a pound and that is terrific keep it up.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Default In a Funk

I am in such a funk. I need some extra push and motivation. I was doing so well for about 6 days. I get so pumped up for about a week and then I go haywire and eat everything in sight. I don't know why I do this to myself. I guess I have to start over again! I have got to stop doing this crap. I am so sick of it.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #21  

Oh Jaimie I hear ya loud and clear. I have been doing the same thing. OK, Let's have a little personal challenge. For the next week we will BEHAVE!!! Try to get at least 4 days of exercise in also. Are you game????
Old 11-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #22  

Hi guys!

I feel better today (mango smoothie for breakfast... no peas.... LOL!)

Everyone sounds to be doing well, and those who have had a not so good week, lets just put that behind us and make tomorrow better.. one day at a time.

Fishwoman- I know what you mean, TOM is on its way for me too, and I can feel my mood changing and know I am only grumpy because of that, but alas I cannot do anything about being grumpy!

I did a light weight session for 1 hr yesterday, plus a 1 hr fast walk with a friend.
I am doing well this week, but don't expect to lose because of TOM coming.

YES we win, ! the most pounds by christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! lets get 'em!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #23  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I'm feeling so bummed. I've lost 9 lbs, which is awesome, but I absolutely do not feel like I look any better. I know I'm smaller. I've lost an inch off my hips and thighs. Now my pants all ride down to my hips, and I've got the yucky ring o' fat that hangs off the tops of my jeans. None of my shirts are long enough to cover it either, so I've been wearing my dh's t-shirts. That just makes me look bigger.

On the plus side, I had really bad hip and knee pain while pregnant with my 2nd, and it wasn't getting better. I could barely deal with the pain of bending my knees. Since I've started working out every day, the pain is gone.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #24  
Cynical RedHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon6669
Fishwoman- I know what you mean, TOM is on its way for me too, and I can feel my mood changing and know I am only grumpy because of that, but alas I cannot do anything about being grumpy!

YES we win, ! the most pounds by christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! lets get 'em!!!!!!!
Icedragon - that's the thing, isn't it. DH will tell me to calm down, I'm only angry because of TOM. And I'm like, duh! Because knowing that doesn't make me any less angry!

Nikel - hang in there! I am having the same problem with my work clothes. I am not thin enough to fit into my smaller slacks, and my bigger slacks are now just too big to look sloppy rather than fitting. Congrats on the 9 pounds, that is awesome

Kellen - I love pierogies! Cabbage rolls? Not so much Just remember, we have challenged complete strangers and now must do better than they do I am going to a baby shower Saturday with a bunch of skinny minnies and don't even want to know what they are going to have to eat there.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #25  
Becs to my friends

Hi All,

I'm so impressed with everyones progress and resolve!

I feel I've not been the best I could be this week but I've just been to my weigh in and I've lost 1/2 a pound so maybe I've been better than I thought. I just have to get my head straight now and stop fighting myself. I really don't want to stay fat so why do I keep trying to sabotage myself? At work this week someone brought in a huge tin of chocolates and I'm ashamed to say that I couldn't leave them alone. I'm sure I've only lost that half a pound because I've done lots of walking this week.

Anybody got any ideas for being polite whilst saying no to rubbish at work?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:54 PM   #26  

Hi there. It took me a while to realize that our thread moved. I'm having a good day so far. I have been eating on program, and I did a killer leg workout this morning and ran on the elliptical trainer for half an hour. I did give in a bit to temptation las night though. I friend of mine who is mocing to Shanghai next month brought me an early Christmas present of one of those monster tins of different kinds of popcorn. I am kind of a popcor-a-holic so I gave in and ate some as my family was digging in. I am proud of myself for stopping WAY before my hubby did. I'm hoping he'll eat the rest of it soon so I don't have to look at it.

Nikel- I feel you on the baggy pants thing. I have lost 17 pounds. No one seems to have noticed and I can't really tell when I look in the mirror either (cant's see any difference in my body but my face does look thinner). But my pants are baggy and look weird but my slimmer pants don't fit yet. I hate being in this diet limbo. There should be half sizes with clothes, like there is with shoes.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #27  

thbecer -

I know! My work caters lunch all the time, and people have candy bowls everywhere. The candy bowls, I can usually manage to stay away from (I'm a salt person). But it's the homemade goodies that get me. I hate to insult anyone by not taking their food!

So I've found that the best way to do it (and not have to announce to the whole world that I'm on a diet) is to take a cookie (whatever), pretend to eat a little of it, maybe crumble it a bit or take one bite, and then throw it away. Yes it's hard, and yes it's wasteful, but it helps me keep my privacy.

I got a box of those chocolate flavored calcium chews and keep them in my desk. Those usually work to curb a chocolate craving, and I need the calcium. Maybe that could help? I hear they have caramel ones too....

Also, since I've started phasing out coffee (I'm down to about 1 cup per week!) I've found that I have way less sugar cravings. I have no idea if there's a connection or not, but I've noticed it's been easier.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #28  

I wanted to chime in on the clothes that don't fit right issue too.

My problem was when I was going the other way... (In denial, of course. "It shrunk again?!?") So I started taking sewing classes and reading books on quick-fix alterations to try to eek a little bit more wear out of my favorite clothes. Which fortunately fits in nicely on my descent too...

So I enjoy that, but probably not everybody will. (Waistbands are really hard.) But some of the books have some really quick easy tips, like moving the buttons in or out to make a jacket fit better. Adding elastic to a sweater cuff when your sleeves are too long. Little stuff.

But I agree, half sizes would be awesome.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #29  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazeedayzee
My problem was when I was going the other way... (In denial, of course. "It shrunk again?!?")
Crazily enough, I have 2 pairs of jeans I bought in the pp time after Ben was born. They are both the exact same jeans, same brand, cut, size, everything. One pair is now baggy. The other pair I can't even zip, it's about 2 inches away from zipping.

Half sizes would be awesome, as would pants that actually cover my butt and shirts that are long enough. There isn't a good enough selection of tall sizes, IMO. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the clothes problem though. Makes me feel better.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:05 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway811
Oh Jaimie I hear ya loud and clear. I have been doing the same thing. OK, Let's have a little personal challenge. For the next week we will BEHAVE!!! Try to get at least 4 days of exercise in also. Are you game????

Onmyway, thanks for the lift! Okay, let's do it. I will do better tomorrow. This week I will exercise at least 4 times and I will eat well and drink my water! Thanks again.
Closed Thread