Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #46  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTE
Glad you found us!

Hey, I'd rather be 170, than the 212 that I am. You just had a baby, don't be so hard on yourself. It takes time to put the weight on and it is going to take time to take it off.

We are here for you! PM me anytime you need to. I need lots of support as well.

We are all sisters, as my husband says!

Heidi

Also, I would love to be 170lbs I haven't seen 170 in 2 1/2 years. Actually, I haven't seen 170 since I was 4 months pregnant. Oh the good ole' days
Old 09-30-2005, 05:43 PM   #47  

Cool Hello everyone!!!!

Heidi, Hi hope all is going well for you today..If your like the rest of us I'm sure losing some weight will help with our health probs,self esteem ect!!
I know what you mean about getting lonley all my family's in Ohio and all the kids are in school exept for my 3 month old son Walker..And I think he keeps me from getting to deppressed at least I have to do something during the day cant be too lazy with a new baby!!
We have Limosine cattle and some mutts as I call them and I'm sure some others but I'd have to ask hubby!!I'm not much into the cattle been raising kids since I was 17 thats enough ..My husband also leases other farms and takes care of other peoples cattle in exchange we get half of the calves born..pretty good deal. I think he has 90% of the farms around here leased..He also is a Timbercutter..So it leaves little time for me and yes it gets lonley ,and yes I turn to food Look forward to speaking to you again also!!

HELLO!!! heligirl and dyintobethin, Im glad you found us!!!The more the merrier!!We are all in the same shoes and dont think that one thought that has went through your head hasent went through mine too!!We need support and we need friends in OUR situation!!And thats why I started this thread!!!
And don't feel bad I cry sometimes too!!It gets frustrating thinking about weight day in and day out..I hope to get to know about you ladies..WELCOME!!!

ARETESE!!! GIRL WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???I think everyone dissapered
OK don't feel bad I weighed in this morning I havent lost a pound .. Must have been them 2 buttery pork chops I had the other nite all because the kids didnt finish them!! Should have gave them to the cat, but did I noooo Reeses cups mmmm dont get me started !!!
My advice for you is to get your meds straightened up first,your trying to do too much right now,which is causing you to get depressed which will keep weight on!! Did u get that?? One day at a time..Dont beat yourself up over a few reeses cups and I'll forget about the pork chops..DEAL??
Please keep up with your posts I would like to know how you, how all of you are..

Remember ladies we are all here because we have the same goal!!We can do this one day at a time...**** I wish it came of over nite and wishing it off wont work either!!! I know I tried So let just try and support eachother!!
If anyone needs to talk my e-mail is dbcw2005
aol.com Feel free to IM me anytime..Talk to ya'll later!

Shannon
dd-9
ds-7
dd-5
ds-3 months already!!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #48  

artese you seem really hard on your self i no how you feel though girl i use to 150 pounds befor i had kid i had the perfect beyonce shape but its funny cause i thought i was fat then my husband says that just goes to show that women are hard to make happy i feel like i may never get to my old shape but i have faith and just liked i gained it i no i can lose it good things came to those who wait and are patient and that i am i dont expect to lose it over night at first i did but now i no it aint gone happen like that if you ever want to talk off the broad yo can pm me and ill give you my email adress and we can chat i no how you feel but just no its get better ok.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:09 PM   #49  

Shannon,
Hello, how have you been lately. You have a deal. Those pork chops sound so good. I love pork chops smuttered in gravy I think my down fall is the way I think and beat myself up. This is why I need all of you to remind me to stop thinking the way I do. I'm a bad influence on myself See, there I go again Thanks for all of your support.

Can anyone tell me how many calories does a cheese and mushroom pizza from papa johns have?

I'll make sure I keep you posted.

WELCOME HOME newbies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Johnson Family crop 3.jpg (17.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 10-01-2005, 12:37 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 229

Height: 5'4"

Default Its going to be okay...

Artese,

Listen, you have got your hands full, don't be so darn hard on yourself.

Just realize that tomorrow is a new day and you can begin again. As for the Reeses, my husband is an addict as well. I know they have sugar free Reeses, they are in the bag. My 10 year old is diabetic and loves Reeses.

My 3 year old Levi, is a very picky eater. Basically he eats peanut butter, apples, corn dogs and cereal. He eats a few other things but its hard to get him to try new things.

I know its not the end of the world, they say when they are at that age they don't over eat.

I'm guilty of portion distortion. Hang in there, breathe, your doing just fine considering you have your hands full with kids at the moment!!

Just curious are any of you following any kind of a program?

Heidi
Old 10-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #51  

Sugar free reese? UMMMM That sounds good. Do you know where I can find some? I'll look for them at the grocery store when I go.

I'm really not on a program, I just "try" to work out with the FIRM on the scheduled days the rotator guide (included with the FIRM box and tapes) has.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:11 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 229

Height: 5'4"

Default Candy

You can get them at Walmart or Target.

They should be in the sugar free candy section of the candy, not in the checkout.

They are good, probably not as good as the real stuff but....

Heidi
Old 10-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #53  

Today is Friday. I weigh 196.4 lbs. Hip-hip horay.....
Old 10-14-2005, 08:57 AM   #54  

Question Where Are You Mommies

Today is Friday and I lost another pound. I weigh 195.4 lbs. I haven't heard from anyone in a while. Where are you mommies No one posted their weight loss last week. I hope to hear from you moms soon.

Last edited by artese; 10-14-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:10 AM   #55  

Default Looking for support

This is my first post. I am 31, have 4 children, 15, 11, 9, 7. I have just become so sedentary and depressed. Looking to improve my life. I have a great husband, and I hate that he has to look at me like this everyday. I would love a buddy for support. I am trying to figure out where in the heck you get the willpower when you have a house full of tempting food due to the kids. sometimes I will do good for a few days, then I am like a crack head, I attack the pantry. I get little exercise, I have become lazy and I have no one to exercise with. I am currently 171 aiming for 130. I am 5'8. I will feel successful if I can even get to 140. It seems like it takes me a month to loose 3 pounds, and 1 meal to gain it back. I am here to support anyone who needs it.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #56  
NavyWifeMomOf4

Location: Home is Gulfport Mississippi but staying in West Virginia for now.

Hello ladies. I am a new memeber to this site. I am a 26 yr old Navy wife and a mother to 4 children...Dakota 7, Savanna 4, Ryley 2 1/2, and Abigail 2 months. We are currently living in West Virginia ,"displaced" due to Katrina. Can't wait to go HOME! My husband is currently deployed to Mt. Fuji, Japan due to return home the frist week of December, this is my motivation to "shape-up". I will tell you my weight, but dont judge me by it. For most people who weigh more than me, always say "why are you trying to lose weight, if I was your size I would be happy". But to me weather you are 100lbs or 500lbs, weight is still weight. Ok, I weigh 125lbs, I want to be 115lbs. I think I am stuck at 125. I am breastfeeding my daughter so I use that as an excuse for why I am hungry all the time. I am trying to watch my serving size and I am using the firm tapes. I have flab overhang that I want gone! I am looking for someone to "buddy up" with. Kind record weightloss and keep motivated. Hopefully we will all achieve the success we want.
Good Luck Ladies,
Amy
Old 10-16-2005, 03:08 PM   #57  

Post Newbie here looking for support/ideas...

Hello everyone....I'm a 26 yr old mother of 3 children. Hannah turning 8 in January, Aubrey turning 6 in December and Braden who just turned 4 in October. I have been married 8 1/2 years to a great guy. When we met I fluctuated between 150-155 pounds. My first pregnancy I weighed 190 pounds on delivery day. I took off some of it and was around 170 or so. Got pregnant again and got up to almost 200. Once again, I lost just a little and was around 170-175. My third baby, my son, I was hungry all the time and he was a big ole boy too. I weighed in at 226 pounds on delivery day. I was a whale!!! I lost a little, then gained some back and hit 236 and was mortified. I didn't feel THAT big...and in fact the nurse at the docs office weighed me that day and said "well I would have never guessed you weighed THAT much"...guess I carried it well and did a good job of wearing clothes that helped to disguise it. I didn't even try for the longest time to lose weight. I thought well with these horrid stretch marks why lose it? I'm never gonna look good, right? And the fact that I have scoliosis didn't help either. If I lost the weight, oh well...I have a slight hump on my back from the curved spine so it doesn't matter, right? Well...I finally changed my attitude and outlook on weight loss. I thought, well those are just two things that I CANNOT do anything about. They're permanent. Unchangeable. But my weight is not. I got serious a year ago June and started losing weight...I dropped down to 165--then I put it back on and restarted this last February at 226 again. I'm down to 164 pounds today--still with baggage around my midsection and still lookin flabby, I'm covered in stretchmarks on my abdomen. Slowly but surely I'm learning to like myself. I've got a goal of 150 to meet by the new year...I'm 5'10. I do cardio twice a day for 30 minutes 6 days a week. I walk everyday with my son--2 1/2 to 3 miles a day. I recently added weight training on MON. WED. and FRI. Not to bulk up, just to tone and strengthen myself. I'm doing all of this for me, no one else. My husband has always been quite happy with me for me and not my weight. I haven't had a day go by that he hasn't told me I'm beautiful, gorgeous, amazing or wonderful. He thinks I'm silly for even thinking I don't look good and says anyone would be happy to be with me. I try to take his words to heart, but my self esteem lacks quite badly. Always has. So I'm working on losing the weight, toning up, in general just being healthier, but it is the inside that needs the most re-working. Learning to accept myself and feel confident. I don't have friends... I feel awkward and I don't fit in. I don't know if anyone is here with me? I've lost alot but gained no confidence...so I'm trying to find out how to get that. Well..now that I've written waaay too much and spilled my guts I hope someone reading identifies with me and can be my "support buddy or buddies"...maybe some of you know where I'm coming from.

Megan
Old 10-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #58  

Is this group still going???
Old 10-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #59  

O.K....I think maybe this forum is no longer being utilized....
Old 10-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #60  
Soon 2 B former fat chick

Hi, I am a working mother of 3 girls ages 7, 6, and 3. I am looking to become the big L. I sit at a desk all day and then when I get home I have no motivation to do much of anything. I feel like a blob. I want to show my husband that I can be thin again. He is so supportive of me and I want to show him that his support does mean a lot. The thinnest he has ever seen me was at 125, after my first daughter. Before her I couldn't hit 100 pounds no matter what I ate or did, I was 94-98 and holding. I was healthy though, I did not starve myself. I did have bouts of bulemia when I was younger, but considering I was not trying to lose and was not being intentional about it they called it involuntary. I would get sick for weeks at a time and anything I ate just came back up. I did not think I needed to lose weight and in fact I was trying to work with a plan to gain. Now I am trying to lose, but I want to be healthy about it so as not to get stuck in the fab diet craze.

I am trying a healthier diet plan and am trying to get up my motivation and drive to lose more by excersize. I don't weigh myself, but decided I need to break down and buy a stupid scale anyhow, lol.
Closed Thread