3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Where In the World...... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/65135-where-world.html)

lovingmysailor 09-13-2005 03:39 PM

Where In the World......

I was thinking it might be cool to have a thread about where we all live, maybe that way we can find some workout buddies and friends to hang out with. I know I could really use some friends to hang out with that are in the same boat as me. Online support is great but I would also like to be able to talk to someone in person. If anyone's interested feel free to post.

I'll go first. My name is Tricia and I live in San Diego with my husband and 4 kids. My husband is in the Navy and is either out of state or working all day. I haven't been exercising much lately but when I do I like to walk/jog with the kids and I have a memeberhip to the Y that I really need to start using it again. I am a SAHM so I am home all the time if anyone is ever interested in getting together.

jmacway 09-13-2005 03:57 PM

great idea

I'm from Oklahoma City, substitute teacher, travel a lot with DH and just turned 50. Married 31 years with 3 grown children. I have a 100 pounds to lose. It would be great to find someone close to me to buddy up'

Tricia a big hug and a thank you to you, your husband and family for protecting and serving me and my country. Same to all the other military families out there,

Shamernadi 09-13-2005 05:57 PM

I'm in Frankfort, KY.. I'm 26 years old and have a 2 year old daughter and a husband who is a firefighter, so he's gone a lot! Hope to meet more people around this area!! :)

KamsMoMa 09-13-2005 07:22 PM

Im from Memphis Tn

diamond_girl 09-13-2005 08:54 PM

I live in Franklin Ohio (southwest between cincinnati and dayton)

happydaisy 09-13-2005 09:24 PM

I'm in Virginia........... :p

SwimMom 09-13-2005 09:50 PM

Washington State Chick

I live in Washington State on the Olympic Peninsula and would LOVE a workout buddy. I work full time but as soon as they hire someone I will be part time, working the first half of the day. I have an ultra skinny husband with an amazing metabolism so he's no help in the diet or exercise department. Why do guys have to be like that? :mad: I also like to participate in fun runs preferably for non-profit organizations. (My daughter has arthritis so I go to the Arthritis Foundation walks and the Jingle Bell Run in Seattle). If anyone is interested in those let me know. I think fun runs are an excellent motivator to get in shape and raise money for a worthy cause. :D
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/140/180/.png

LovesBassets 09-13-2005 09:57 PM

I live about 30 miles west of Boston. I love it here, but if I had to live anywhere else in the States, it would be San Diego :D. You're very lucky to live there Tricia -- it's one of my favorite cities!

Cassandra B 09-13-2005 09:58 PM

Im in Griffin Ga. I wish I could find someone close. That would just be neat to have someone to even meet up with on the weekend.

JodiInJersey 09-14-2005 12:00 PM

I'm in Rutherford NJ (20 min from NYC) would love to find a workout/walking buddy near me! I work 1 block from CP and want to start walking around the park at lunch...any takers?

AFWjenny 09-14-2005 01:26 PM

I live in Sierra Vista AZ.....

TheNewChristy 09-14-2005 02:30 PM

I'm between Commerce and Athens GA.

ajkulig 09-14-2005 02:30 PM

Omaha Nebraska here!

Angela

Cassandra B 09-14-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatChristy
I'm between Commerce and Athens GA.

Thats not too far I dont think. Im probably bout 40 miles south of atlanta. :)

TheNewChristy 09-14-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra B
Thats not too far I dont think. Im probably bout 40 miles south of atlanta. :)

I'm about 50 miles northeast...so probably only about 1.5 hours or so!