Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie here from San jose, Cali

My name is April, and finally got the nerve to say "hi"
I am a 32 year old married women and mother of a 5 year old son. I have been looking for a group to talk and make new friend outside work and family.

I am currently 202lbs,and would like to lose about 62lbs some in the future. I am pretty close to my family and husband family, but need to find my own help at this point. I come a family of overeater and I am trying change this since I see all the problem they have with their weight. My husband family are all very active and fit people and I feel very out of place at times.

Since I had my son, I have comsume myself with my son and forgot what it is like to be with adult. My Husband works and go's to school a lot and we tend to never really have time to talk.At some point I have gotten into on-line gaming to get away from the problem and now know that it has made my problem even bigger, so I quit it. I do love my son/husband and enjoy being around them, I have forgotten that I have a life and really want to change this. Tired of being too tired, too sick, and at some point to ashamed to do all the things in my life I would like to do with my family/Friends and just plain by myself.

thanks for letting me get this off my chest

Last edited by Sweetloml; 06-20-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:34 PM   #2  

Smile Newbie over here too! from Berkeley Ca

Hi,
I am currently going to OA for the 2nd time due to this problem that I seemed to pick up in my 31 years. If you ever want to talk just let me know I have alot of weight loss knowledge, things that work and dont work, had a tummy tuck after losing 95 pounds, I was at 263 and now at 195. However I still have an obsession with food, well I sure did blurt out alot did'nt I, sorry about that. Again if you ever want to chat let me know.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Thank you for the reply, back on my post. Feels good to be able to talk about a problem and people really do understand what you mean. And don't worry about blurting out a lot, I tend to do this and well it feels good to be able to say what's on your mind. It's great to hear your lost that much, Way to go!!

I would love to have the help and make a new friend at the same time. I have no idea where to start at this point. I have been working on my plans/goals for a few days and now and start working out today in the afternoon- wish me luck.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:58 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello,

Hello, I am too from california and I also need to loose about 55 lbs, I am separated from my husband and have a soon to be 3 years old son,
I have gained about 60 lbs for my pregnancy, lost 35 after birthing and gainded 15 back since the birth of my son, I first put all that weight on being depressed by my situation with my husband, but now he is gone and I am still fat!!! so, anyway I am also trying to find someone to budy up with and maybe we can support each other in good times and bad times.
Oh, by the way i am 37 year old, my spelling sometimes get screwed up and my use of the english language too, but you have to pardon me for that I am not a native english speaker
Closed Thread