Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Smile Still having slip-ups, but staying strong!

Hi there!

I`ve been reading this forum for a few months now... I just got serious about losing the weight about 2 weeks ago, weight was 230 and I have lost 9 pounds since then. I just bought my scale, but I know my weight was over 240 around the start of the year, and I have never felt worse! I`m turning 30 in 6 months and I intend on looking good!

I have started exercising, drinking water and perhaps the biggest change... no more Coke! I have been drinking Diet Coke, maybe 2-3 cans a day compared to a six pack or more of regular soda. I added that up to over 840 calories and 234 carbs just from my fluids! I had a sip of my husbands reg. coke lastnight and it actually did nothing for me. I feel great (and more motivated!) knowing I made a huge change already that is actually so easy to live with! I`ve also quit my coffe habit. All the sugar and cream... I`m fairly certain my liquids alone were adding up to at least 1200-1500 a day.

I`m also out of that mind-set "I messed up so thats it, it`s over!" I`m eating smaller portions of foods that I will not give up (instead of 4,5 or more slices of pizza, I`ll have one), supplementing some meals with slimfast shakes, instead of snacking on ice cream I keep shebert in the freezer. Things like that. A lot of small changes, but it`s working quite well for me.

I did eat a little more than I planned today, but the day is early and I have not over-eaten so I still feel good.

I`ve enjoyed reading and learning from others here, and look forward to sharing my journey. I know the support will be a huge help.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #2  

Sounds like you have a plan and are doing well. Just one caveat - Sherbet has just as many calories as ice cream and a lot of sugar. Look for the low fat sugar-free for a low calorie treat.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:24 PM   #3  

Thanks for the tip! I wasnt too fond of the sherbet, so I`ll try one of those out instead. Luckily it`s not a frequent craving. My real weakness is candy bars, but I really havent wanted one in well over a month.

Thanks again, very helpful info!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #4  

Quote:
I`m also out of that mind-set "I messed up so thats it, it`s over!" I`m eating smaller portions of foods that I will not give up (instead of 4,5 or more slices of pizza, I`ll have one),
I too have gotten out of this mind-set. And it works wonders. I would do the same thing as you - over eat and then think "well forget it - I'll just eat whatever I want whenever I want". I don't do that so much anymore and I don't deprive myself of the foods that I love.

You mentioned having a craving for candy bars - Slimfast makes an Optifast candy bar that is very yummy and has 120 calories. I eat them for my afternoon snack.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:53 AM   #5  

Thanks for the Slimfast bar tip, it saved me this month with chocolate cravings. Perfect timing!!

No more dancing Peanut Butter Cups in my head.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:47 PM   #6  

I prefer Sorbet. It has no fat and is made from fruit. I still has the same texture of sherbet, but it is sooo much better for you. Good job on resisting the coke. My husband is a coca-cola addict, and it was really hard to quit. I'm actually caffeine free, and I feel so much better. Caffeine is sooo bad for you! The thing that keeps me away from it (especially soda) is the headache. Once you've been off of caffeine, when you go back on it gives you a headache. Physical pains is a strong deterrent!
Closed Thread