3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Weight, height, clothing size? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/55955-weight-height-clothing-size.html)

DaisyLily 04-05-2005 06:29 PM

Weight, height, clothing size?

I saw someones weight and size in a post and it was completely different than mine. I was wondering what everyone is and if there is anyone close to me. Right now at 240 I'm a size 16 bottoms and XXL/XL top. At 200 I was a loose size 12 and L. At about 190 I was a size 10 and M. I never got any lower than that.

Oh and I'm 5'11.

dietmommy 04-05-2005 06:37 PM

I've often wondered that myself!

It must be where the weight gets put. I'm 5'10 too, 213lbs and in a 16, XL. It will be interesting to see what everyone says!

DaisyLily 04-05-2005 06:45 PM

Yeah, I have no butt, hips or boobs but a big belly and thick chest.

josie4 04-05-2005 07:31 PM

Well, I'm 143 lbs, 5'2", a 12 (maybe 10) in pants and a medium in shirts. I'm not sure if the pant size is right, because I haven't tried on clothes in a while. (I really need to get some new ones, mine are getting pretty loose!)

SwimGirl 04-05-2005 07:36 PM

This girl I work with wears the same size as me, is 1 inch taller than me (I'm 5'8" and she's 5'9"), but I weigh 258, and she weighs 230. We both carry weight the same way, and have the same body type. I think people can just carry their weight in such different ways that you really can't compare yourself against someone else. Not to menntion comparing stores.. it amazes me sometimes the difference in sizes between stores! At the gap I wear a size 16, and at Old Navy, I'm in a size 20! That makes no sense!

-Aimee

healthyeater 04-05-2005 07:46 PM

Hmm... this is an interesting question. Well, right now I am about 211 pounds and 5' 5" and wear a size 16 pants. I am quite large in the chest area and wear a 1x top. When I weighed much less, around 150 pounds I still wore a size 14. Weird, I think.

Beautiful_Inside 04-05-2005 08:15 PM

This is actually really interesting.. Im 5ft7 and 220.. I wear a 18 pants, I could go 16's honestly.. But Im staying in 18 until Im completely comfy in the 16's.. And I wear a XL top.. I have no butt.. Honestly have no hips, but I do carry alot of my weight in my belly

lovtolaff 04-05-2005 08:38 PM

Well all my weight is in my butt, hips, and legs! :( I'm 5'7, 239.5 lbs, pear shape. I wear an 18 jeans (getting looser everyday) and feel more comfortable in a loose fitting top so I usually go for xl or even xxl. I would LOVE to be able to get into a size 14 jeans! It's been forever! Though when I was down to 200 lbs a few years ago - I wore a 14 and looked pretty good I thought. :)

I'm loving the way my clothes are getting looser and I agree with one of the previous posters - about probably being able to get into a 16 but I want to feel good in them - so I'll wait awhile longer.

DaisyLily 04-05-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwimGirl
At the gap I wear a size 16, and at Old Navy, I'm in a size 20! That makes no sense!

I've noticed this too. Although I found old navy to be unpredictable. One pair of jeans I can fit into a 12 but others the 16s barely fit me. Shirts I've bought everything from a XL to a XXL.

almostheaven 04-06-2005 10:29 AM

Not knowing my exact weight back then, because I never bothered with a scale LOL, I was somewhere over 240 pounds and 5' 6". Perhaps even 250 lbs. I wore a size 20 to 24, depending on how it was made. I averaged around a 22, all the way around. My weight was pretty evenly distributed.

Now that I've lost weight, I'm a bit bottom heavy. While I wear a 4/6 (small) top, I generally take a size 8 (medium) in pants.

cathyo228 04-06-2005 10:57 AM

This is interesting..

Hi..

I am 5'8", 185 lbs. - large frame. Big boobs, big belly. I wear a size 12 or 10 pants (depending on where they're from - oddly enough, my Old Navy jeans are 10). I wear an XL in tops - I am pretty top-heavy.

angelfadedblue 04-06-2005 11:04 AM

I have the belly problem- never lost that darn pregnancy weight! SO i AM 250ish and dont like tight-fitting clothes (and i have a large chest) so i take a 3X top, but sixe 18 pants... stretch kind. otherwise, the 20's butt is too big and thighs are too wide. I am lucky my bottom isnt big as well, but its still hard to find nice-fitting clothes. I swear, everything I own now is from Lane Bryant! They make a fortune off of me!!! :lol:

almostheaven 04-06-2005 01:47 PM

Clothing size can also have a lot to do with "where" you shop. I've just started hunting down maternity clothing. I'm a Wal*Mart/K-Mart shopper. Clearance racks are my thing...cheap is definately my thing. Even if they're cheaper made, I outgrow my like of something quicker than I can wear it out. So it's better for me to stay with cheap. But I'm finding a problem in the maternity section. Not much of a selection at all. And I bought a size small in a pair of black cloth pants from K-Mart and they just kinda fall off of me.

So I tried JC Penny the other day and bought a load of maternity clothes. They weren't a whole lot more, but I actually found some dress pants and they fit much better. However, for a good comfy fit, I had to get mediums in the pants. While the K-Mart small needs a belt to stay up. They should all get on the same page.

DaisyLily 04-06-2005 02:22 PM

Try OldNavy....their clearance sections have some cheap maternity clothes!

chocolatecatz 04-06-2005 02:37 PM

great post!!

at my lightest i was 132 wearing size 9/10 skirts, 11 jeans, medium to large tops..i have big chest, big butt...defined waist...curvy latina!!

now im 227 geez that's almost 100 lbs ive gained..ugh..anyway...in lane bryant clothes i wear 14/16 tops with 18/20 pants but they fit a little big on legs but good at waist because of my stomach. size 16 fits great on legs but won't close!! ack.. regular walmart tshirts i wear xxl, ...sometimes ill buy from newport news shirts 1x there , jeans 20.