3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   am 38, need to lose 40 lbs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/55736-am-38-need-lose-40-lbs.html)

kate66 04-01-2005 01:34 PM

am 38, need to lose 40 lbs

hi...my name is kate, i'm a mom to 4 kids, and i always struggled with weight, anytime i've lost, i've regained. i had a baby 16 months ago and the weight isn't coming off...to be honest..i haven't tried too hard...after each baby it seems i go into "mommy/nursing" mode...wherein everything in life is secondary...
but i am not comfortable...and i know i have been lucky with my health in that i haven't had much wrong...but now that i'm getting older i feel it is time to start taking care of my body....
so if you think you can relate and would like to buddy with me...i'd be thrilled...!

JennM 04-01-2005 04:34 PM

Hi I don't know how to "make buddies" Cause I am very new to the website but I'm a young mom of 2 in the middle of my 5th week on the slim fast diet (and reduced calories and such) if you know how to add me as a buddy or would like to please reply

kate66 04-01-2005 04:45 PM

hi jenn

i've only found this forum today...so i'm useless here..lol...but i'll see if i can...
thanks so much for responding...
how is your slimfast plan going?
i purchased the dr.phil book long ago...but didn't feel ready...i started the plan today...

kate66 04-01-2005 04:56 PM

jenn...
was just poking around on the site...to add a buddy..click on someone's name and a list pops up...

dmb1031 04-01-2005 05:02 PM

Hi Kate,

I'm 38 as well and need to lose about 40 lbs. I've trying to motivate myself to get on the treadmill but something always comes up. I have 2 daughters 16 and 6 who always have me on the go. You are not alone :coffee:

kate66 04-01-2005 05:29 PM

i know about the motivation thing...or lack of it..
i am going for a walk as soon as my SO takes over....but i know i'm going to have to plan to go for regular walks...much different than random walking...

dmb1031 04-01-2005 05:39 PM

We're pretty close in goal weight as well, I have 128 as mine, I'm starting at about 170 though ( bleck) 4 months ago I was 164 but to many board meetings at night caught up to me. I have only gotten in one walk so far this week so I am going to start fresh on Sunday.

partyof5 04-02-2005 01:47 AM

Hi girls, I read your post and noticed that you are all moms. There is a thread in "Support" titled "moms taking care of moms." Come and check it out and introduce yourselves if your interested.
Looking foward to hearing from you,
Marina

kate66 04-02-2005 12:53 PM

i was down a bit a couple of months ago too...but...lost my motivation...

what is your food plan in order to loss the weight?...

dmb1031 04-02-2005 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate66
i was down a bit a couple of months ago too...but...lost my motivation...

what is your food plan in order to loss the weight?...

Herein lies my problem, I found my most successful weightloss where I really kept it off without feeling deprived was Dietworkshop but they are pretty much gone here in NH. Weightwatchers is a maybe, I did find protein bars that were actually tasty by Bariatrix. It has 15g of protein but only 15g of carbs so its pretty filling. What are you doing??

MichNZ 04-03-2005 04:40 AM

Hi Kate,
Iīm 37 - a mom of 3, my youngest were 2 yesterday (twins) - I need to lose closer to 50lbs. Have done weightwatchers in the past but cannot get to meetings easily due to work & family commitments - so am going to try and do the program by myself at home, but am struggling with getting motivated too - feel fairly disgusted with myself but just canīt seem to get into the weight loss mode - If you feel like having me as a buddy as well........
Hope to hear from you....

kate66 04-03-2005 08:54 AM

hi dmb,

i'm using a combination plan of k-count (kcount.com)...and dr. phil...for my food plan

i actually got up early this a.m. to do a work out video...i shocked even myself!
i plan on walking, or doing a video everyday...and also so some weight training..(although have to still go pick up the resistance bands)...i do have some 5lb weights that can start me out...

i'm in ontario, canada..i've never heard of dietworkshop..

kate66 04-03-2005 09:00 AM

hi michnz,

i too have used weight watchers successfully in the past..but just like you, although there is quite a few meetings in my area its still difficult to attend...

also i believe this time i am motivated enough to do it alone...with some help from this kind of forum...and i have a friend (she's already fit) that is being supportive of me...

i would be happy to 'buddy up' with you....

kate

cagirl 04-05-2005 01:30 PM

to anyone on this thread that would like to buddy up with me,

I have been looking for women around the same age to keep me motivated. I have been on weight watchers for 3 months and have lost 18 pounds but I think about food all the time! I have 22 more to go for my first goal. I'm 5'4" and I started at 180 so that would put me at 140. once I get to that I will see if I want to lose more. PM or reply to me on this thread if you want to buddy up!

CA girl

cagirl 04-05-2005 02:40 PM

I just made a weight tracker so I wanted to post it really quick! Debbie