Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 09:10 AM   #16  

Sara--

Thanks for the message. I have three kids total, a three year old, a two year old and a five month old.

I battled with my weight as a teenager until I found out that I had food allergies and lost all the weight, then in college I somehow got off my diet and it steadily creeped up. Then I got pregnant and gained some weight but before I could get all the weight off I was pregnant again. Then after the two of them I just kept inching up and then I was pregnant again. I actually lost weight with my third baby and am presently 20lbs less than I was before I got pregnant with my third. I am trying to get back onto a healthy eating diet, but am scared the only way I am going to lose this weight is to go back on the allergy diet, which is really hard because it means no milk, soy, wheat, carmel, and corn. I am kind of reluctant to try it while I am nursing because I don't want to screw up my milk supply and I want to give my baby enough calcium and other minerals. So I have to be really carefull how I do it.

As far as exercising goes, I am trying to become more active and am also trying to weight train. I just need to get a good time of the day to do it, so I can be more consistant.

Anyway, good luck with everything today and remember to take everythign one day at a time. Hope all you ladies have a good day.

Amanda
Old 01-27-2005, 10:27 AM   #17  

Default Mn Mom

Your family sounds so similar to mine. I try to add an extra 200-300 calories a day. Sugar Busters works great for me . Its a very healthy alternative. I've only just started this time, but was on it before I got pregnant with my last daughter and lost almost 30 pounds. I'm looking forward to making this a permanent life change. Good luck all you ladies in your weight loss goals!
Old 01-31-2005, 11:29 PM   #18  

Default sorry for the delay,...

Sorry it took me so long to respond to the messages. Life has been hectic lately.

How is it going for you gals? I hope well.

I was doing good doing the walk away the pounds videos each day did the 1 miles for the 1st week, then the 2 mile for the second week, but then was so busy Friday-Sunday I didn't do any structured exercise at all. I felt like such a failure. I got back on track today though and did a 2 mile walk video.

Do any of you use videos? If so, what ones do you like or dislike? I was trying out my pedometer today(haven't used it in quite a while). I did the 2 mile video and it only registered as 1 mile. Not sure what is the deal with that. I was keeping up with the video and everything.

Take care. Sara
Old 02-02-2005, 08:30 AM   #19  

Im from Minnesota too.

I need to lose 50 pounds before surgery.

no plans to have kids.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #20  

Red face need HELP

hi,
im 26,with a 3 month old baby,had a bad pregnancy so was on bed rest most of my pregnancy and had put on 50 pounds,was 190lb when i gave birth by the time i came home i was 165, so that was cool,every one told me that ill lose the rest of it prety soon bcoz i was breatfeading, but didnt have that kind of luck yet,now im desprate to lose this weight at least 20 lbs in the next 3 months.i have always been on a lil heavier side , have a samll built and pear shaped body, so my problem area is my lower body.
now at 165 lb my heaviest i have started doin 20 min cardio + 10 min upper body weights + 10 min lower body work out + 10 min abs ....... and with the 20 min cardio my ankles and my knees hurt... this is not the first time for me workin out , i have been in sports my whole life , and i have been doin aerobics since i was in 8th grade ........ i did sprain both my ankles while exrecising coulpe of years back, not once but twice, plus i have never been this heavy ,im really frustated ...........how can i make this work.
my eatin habits are not bad at all, i dont munch on things i dont eat junk food, like fast foods, i dont drink soda , im not a chocolate person, i take a good fat free breakfast mostly whole wheat bread with low sugar peanut butter, and cup of tea, lunch is usually average, glass of orange juice around 3 or 4 pm may be a banana some times and dinner some kind of soupe, and i dont eat after 7pm, go to bed around 10-11pm.
in my mind with all this i should be losing weight atleast 2 lbs a wk , but no luck yet.......and now with my ankle pain i dont know how ill be able to exercise.
plz ppl i need some advise how to keep my self motivated and with this problem which work out is good for me ........ help
Old 02-04-2005, 12:30 PM   #21  

Default shmily

I will try to write soon. Just didn't want you to think nobody cared~! Hang in there mama!!
Old 02-05-2005, 12:45 PM   #22  

shmily--

Sorry to hear about your ankles. I blew out an ankle when I was in high school and I have trouble from time to time as well. As far as cardio, maybe you need to use a bike or swimming. I know swimming requires a pool so that makes it hard. But something that doesn't make you support all of your weight while you are loosing. Just a thought. I have been having trouble with my heal. I am smaller than I was before I got pregnant, but still really heavy and the more I am up walking around the more my heal hurts so I can sympathize with you. I would also suggest while you are doing your lower body workout, to do special exercises to help strengthen your ankles.

As far as your eating, if you haven't changed how you are eating you are eating the same amount of calories you were before. So to lose 2lbs a week you will have to increase your activity enough to burn those extra calories or you will also have to tweek your eating a little.

Hope this helps. My name is Amanda and I am here if you need me. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #23  

Hello everyone. I am 21. My husband and I just had out first baby 6 months ago. I lost 45 pounds while breastfeeding and walking at least 4 days a week. I really need someone to talk to! I have no friends with children. I find myself hanging out with my mom most the time because at least she knows what its like to be married and have kids. I would love to hear from some of you!
Closed Thread