Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 06:52 PM   #1  

Smile Looking to lose weight and gain a buddy!

Hey there everyone! I am 31 and looking to lose at least 75 pounds. I would like to set a mini goal of 20 by Christmas. May not seem like alot, but I have decided to make several smaller goals, instead of looking at that HUGE number ( 75#) up there all at once. I hope to get back on the tred mill, and walk my butt off , junk food is my downfall. I am looking for an e-buddy who has the same goals, and would like some friendly encouragement as well.

I just read thru this and I almost feel like I am filling out a personal ad . PM me of you want or you can reply to this post.

CW: Not telling ,
Mini Goal ~ 20# by Christmas
Old 10-11-2004, 07:20 PM   #2  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hi, I have the same goal weight for Xmas. I have a bet with my boss that I can lose 20 pds but Christmas eve. I currently weight in at 195 with the ultimate goal of 140 hopefully by the summer of 2005.

What are you doing to lose weight??? I am going to do the GI Diet and I am starting tomorrow. Also I will be exercising alot more.

I know we can do this.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:11 PM   #3  

That is awesome . Since I have found out I have glucose intolerance, I plan to follow the guidelines of the "diabetic diet." I spoke with my doc,and the nutritionist, and niether want me going on the Atkins diet, because a person does need some carbs for energy and to maintain muscle. For me whatever I do will have to be a lifetime change, not just something I do for awhile. This way I can eat the things I like, I just have to watch how much etc. I did very well on this before, but got side tracked, and what not.

At the risk of sounding stupid, what is the GI Diet?

Yes, I think we can do this too. It is nice to have support of others with the same goal.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:14 AM   #4  
Doin' it this time

Hey glad to hear from you. I have to tell you I have tried and failed many times before but I have never been this close to 200 lbs before. It just seems to be a magic number for me and I am determind to get far away from that number.

The GI Diet is based on the glycemic Index. Where food are assigned a number on how fast they break down in your system so high numbers are bad. Basically I eat good carbs and everything else.

I have read that it is gainning popularity in Canada but has not made it's way to the States yet.

Have you started yet??? I start this morning. I did my stats on bodycomp.com and have almost 50% body fat.....yuck....carring just over 80lbs of fat....wow when they put it that way....wow....lol

Hope you keep in touch and we can help each other get to that first goal.

Kim
Old 10-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #5  

Talking

I haven't checked my BMI yet, I will have to do that. I did however w/ the help of my husband get the tred mill dusted off and moved. Now I can watch tv while on there if I want to. I found when I used it before I could walk and watch my soap at the same time, and before I knew it and hour was up. So I am going to try it that way again, or maybe listen to music . I will et youknow how things go..........he he he.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:24 AM   #6  
Doin' it this time

Hey way to go on getting that treadmill going....wahoooo

How did you do today???

I did pretty good, I didn't do grocery shopping till last night but I think I did OK. Got in my exercise but I did have 2 cokes and I am trying to cut those out so that is something for me to work on today.

Just a little bit about myself. I am 38 going to be 39 in Feb. I have 2 kids 15 year old son and 12 year old girl. I have been married for 17 years and work outside the home. I have been trying for a long time to lose weight but have never had any success but this time for me is different, like I said I am close to 200 pds and that seems to be a magic number for me. I was 189 this morning with hopes of 170 by Christmas. My goal is about 140 I figure WHEN I get close I will decide where I feel good. I also have a under active thyroid. This isn't new I have been hypo for 15 years since the birth of my son.

Tell me about yourself??

Gotta get ready for work. Stay strong and have a great day.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:35 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I figure WHEN I get close I will decide where I feel good.
That's been my goal too Hockeychic. I keep telling everyone that asks...and there are a lot of people who keep asking because they think I've lost enough weight and that I'm obsessed LOL (Betcha didn't see THAT one coming)...that I want to get somewhere around 130 to 135 but I'll know when I get there. 132 was my high school weight; but I didn't exercise and have muscle back then. So I might look a lot different at 132 this time around. I might get to 135 and be fine with that.

But currently, I've set my sights on getting to around 130 by Christmas. I've slacked off for awhile and just maintained. Now I'm serious about cutting back to start losing again.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:51 PM   #8  

Red face Hey hockey.......

Hey there Hockeychick. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Ok....so you want to know a bit more about me. Well let me see .........
31 Married to my adorable hubby of almost 7 years
We have no children , and no pets, but I deperately want some of both. It will all come in time though. Nothing all that exciting to tell. Sad huh . Ha ha ha.

I have yet to get on the tred mill today, will probably do it when the news is on so I can watch and walk. Sometimes I don't know why I bother with the news though, it can be so darn depressing.

I am not feeling good at all today. I have had this pain in my abdomen, to the right side of my belly button for almost two weeks now, and it is always there. Somtimes worse, and then better. Seems to hurt alot sometimes when I exhale. I dunno.......but my parents yelled at me to go to the doctor, so I am going in the morning. My hubby is switching jobs, so I may as well go, we only have insurance for a couple more days. I am sure it is nothing major, but since it won't go away I wonder what the deal is. Can't be my appendix, those are out.

Eating has gone fairly well today. I still want chocolate, but I think I will eat half an apple and some peanut better for a snack and that will make me happy.

How are you doing today? Any craveings on your side? Well I have to get going I have a couple calls to make. Take care.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:30 PM   #9  

Talking Any other buddies & Hey Hockeychic :-)

Hey there Hockeychic.....just thought I would post a quick hello here. Hope you are doing well. I didn't have such a great day, but thankfully I can start over fresh in the morning. Trying to keep that thought rite now, as I tend to get bummed and give up..........so cheers to another day.

I love the buddies I have made on here. Anyone else wants to chat fell free to dro me a PM or reply to this.

Have a wonderfull night.
TTFN
Old 10-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #10  
Doin' it this time

Hey there,

Sorry I have been away from the computer all weekend. My daughter was in a hockey tournament so time is not something I have had in the last 4 or 5 days.

Did you get the pain checked out?

Did just OK this weekend, with these tourneys we eat out alot as a team so that means restaurants and a few pina coladas.....lol

Definatley today is a new day, so shake it off and jump on that treadmill. I will be starting my exercise today, I started the diet last week. Lost 3 pds as of yesterday morning which considering the places I had to eat I am happy with that so glad to be back under the 190's.

Hey there almostheavan, congrats on the weightloss what have you done to get to that point. Did I read that right you have lost all that weight since July of this year???? Welcome to our little group lets get this thread just a hopin with success.

Well, gotta go get ready for work.....yuck......

Hope you all have a great day.

Kim
Old 10-18-2004, 01:58 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeychic
Hey there almostheavan, congrats on the weightloss what have you done to get to that point. Did I read that right you have lost all that weight since July of this year????
Yikes! LOL No way on that one. What I did was start eating right around August 2002. And the weight was coming off but way too slow. I didn't cut back in how much I ate, just ate the right stuff...like apples instead of candy, wheat instead of white, etc. So since it was going so slow, I started exercising in June of 2003. By January of this year, I had lost around 70 pounds. By June, I had lost another 20, which brought me down to 150. Then I got down to 146 just before I went to visit family the first of September, and well...after that little road trip, I was back to 149. Right now I'm tottering between 140 and 141. Waiting for the scale to read 140 steady for a few days before I declare that pound a success.

But with this change, my whole life has changed. I now take walks at lunch, rather than sitting with a book stuffing my face. I feel the urge to eat less than I used to...which was about all the time before. I crave apples and melon instead of Twix and Hersheys now. And I always always always make sure to exercise daily. I have a dinner date with a friend tonight and told her I had to set it for 7:30 because I gotta exercise first. Can't miss that. I just add about an hour of strenous exercise (usually a 3 mile run, weights, situps, leglifts, etc.) to the 2 miles I walk at lunch and the 25 minutes of exercises I do in the morning before work. Gets the blood pumping. I haven't come to love exercise yet, but love how I feel afterward. So when I'm really feeling blah, I talk myself into it to give me energy and get rid of the blahs.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:55 PM   #12  

hey fluffygirl! I am in the same boat as youre in. I am 19 yr old and weigh 230,i would lve to lose 30 pounds by christmas. I check this site daily and was wondering if you want to diet buddies. I am starting tomorrow, but i will let you know what kind of excerises i did and what i ate. I am going on a low-calorie diet.

hw 272
cw 230
gw- 180
mini goal 30 pounds gone by xmas
Old 10-20-2004, 12:18 AM   #13  

Default Hey there........

Hey there vollybchick..........left you a PM

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good night!
Old 10-20-2004, 01:35 AM   #14  

Hello all,

you all sound like me! I have lots of weight to lose (approx. 100lbs ) and I am ready to do so. I would love to have some company. Not sure what weight plan to use yet, but I think a trip to the library to the diet book section is in order! Too many choices. I have dusted off my treadmill and started there. Got in 25 min of walking today.
Shortyrooschick
Closed Thread