Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #31  

Hi everyone--The Yahoo group should work for us to have quicker ways to post, plus we can schedule chats. I set it up as a private group, therefore, I need to send you an e-mail ifyou want to join.

Please send me a private message with your e-mail and I'm happy to add you to the list.

I ate A LOT today--didn't really listen to my body's cues, dipped way into my Flex points reservoir. On the other hand, I took a brisk walk with my daughter right after work instead of strarting to snack, so that's at least a positive thing.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:33 PM   #32  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all you gals!

I weighed in at 205 today...I was 207 last week. I can't wait to get down below 200. That'll be the most awesome feeling.

I can't get into the yahoo group. I will try again.

~chris
Old 10-18-2004, 11:56 PM   #33  

Talking Great Job

Great Job Chris
2 lbs last week. You will be below 200 in no time. Keep up the good work
Myreah
Old 10-19-2004, 12:13 AM   #34  
Focus on the Process

Hey Myreah,
Thanks for the WTG! I think having online diet buddies helps me out alot. When I get bored, I used to walk up to the kitchen. Now when boredome hits, I get online and see what's happening on the 3FC site.

So since your a newbie, you just have to give me a short bio... I live in Montana and have 3 daughters....11 yrs., 5 yrs, and 2 yrs. I have rheumatoid arthritis. And have been married for 5 1/2 yrs. This is my second marriage. How bout yourself?

~chris
Old 10-19-2004, 02:14 AM   #35  

OMG!!! Chris, I am on 2nd DH as well...we are soul sisters woman! Lets make it to BELOW 200 together! KUDOS on the weigh in.

I live in WA and have 3 kiddos...7.5, 5.5 and 2,

AND my dog just had puppies...our family increased by 4 today, 2g and 2b. We have Jack Russell Terriers...

OK, I ran for 60 mins at the gym and did arms and abs with my gf the trainer...she always kicks my butt...for 45 mins! Now I am so jazzed I can't sleep. LOL

I posted in theYahoo group...l will check both sites until we are all on the same page.

I stayed w/i points...over a few but my work out MORE than made up for it. Hey, Chris...there is a lady un my WW group who does the Windsor Pilates work out and says it is great, she has RA as well...worth a try???

((HUGS))
Old 10-19-2004, 11:32 AM   #36  
Focus on the Process

Alissa,
Good morning Gal! I have relatives who live in Washington. Some in Kennewick, Mt. Vernon, and Vancouver. Hopefully if our tax return is a good one, we were going to take a short vacation to WA this coming summer.

I found out why nothing comes through on my regular email address. I had a spam blocker on and didn't know it. I did get your email but probaly not the invite from Elana. However, I signed up on iVillage. I'm not sure how it works yet but give me a bit and I'll have that all figured out too.

I went over my points by 2 pts. yesterday. So I guess I have 33 FP's for the rest of the week. If I can behave... My problem yesterday was I dipped into the candy at work a little. My dad owns a candy distribution warehouse. I'm surrounded by the sweet stuff 2 days a week.

I'll check back in a bit and see if you posted yet. Good job on the workout!

~chris
Old 10-19-2004, 11:51 AM   #37  
Focus on the Process

Default Thinss that make you go hmmm....

Someone call the doctor...my brain disappeared! I was looking through my yahoo membership info and found out that I had my previous email address as my primary one. That was with aol! Can you say...duh?

Hey maybe it'll work now!

~chris
Old 10-19-2004, 07:06 PM   #38  

For everyone who sent me a private message--
I added your e-mail addresses to theYahoo group. You should get an e-mail invitation and then when you reply to it, you are a member.

It's a private group; no one can join until I invite them and no one else can access our info. I think I feel more secure that way so mypersonal info. isn't floating all over cyberspace.

I exercised not one whit today--it was pouring rain. Will try for tomorrow--weights and cardio at the Y.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:18 PM   #39  
Focus on the Process

Elana,

I don't know what's going wrong. I have not recieved an invitation yet. It's kind of frustrating.

Alissa-were you able to access the site. If you did...HOW????

Lost in Montana....

~chris
Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 PM   #40  
WW Moderator

I'm sorry to come in and burst bubbles, but there are a couple of issues I need to bring up.

First, you will need to change the name of your Yahoogroup since the name is trademarked. We also already have an official group at 3fatchicks at Yahoogroups.

Secondly, we have chat here on the site, if you are looking for a chat room. The link is on the top right side of this page. We (3FC) and our moderators work very hard to keep this site running and it defeats the purpose of having this forum if we are advertising for people to join other groups. I hope you understand. If you have any questions, please read the forum guidelines here. Thank you for understanding!
Old 10-20-2004, 01:58 AM   #41  

Jennifer,

I looked EVERYWHERE for 3fatchicks on yahoo and no such luck, so if it exists, it is not easy to find. Elana was *nice* enough to create a *private* forum IN addition to this *public* forum for us to share perhaps info we did not want broadcasted to everyone on the internet. I regret that this is in conflict with your rules.

I enjoy this site, but the postings seem easier on other sites I have been to, with ALOT less advertizing. It seems to defeat the *overall* purpose of weight loss and support to NOT utilize ALL resources for weight loss. Once again, I regret that this is at odds with your rules.

I will return to other sites which are more amenable. Thanks for the moment and good luck to all of these lovely and wonderful ladies.

By the way, you sure did not *burst* my bubbles...what ever you meant by that.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:34 PM   #42  

Jennifer--Thanks for the notice. Every time I tried to chat on 3FC, no one was ever there. That was one of the reasons I started a Yahoo group. Wanted to keep it private so people would feel comfortable sharing.

Not trying to offend anyone or conflict with the wonderful job 3FC has done. It's a great site and it's been very valuable to me.

Only had good intentions.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:03 PM   #43  
Focus on the Process

Just had to say too, that there is never anyone to chat with on this site.

HEy Elana,

How's it going? Are you staying OP today? I am...I splurged yesterday so today I have to be good, good, good.

Did you figure out what to do about a name change? Let me know. Okay? TTFN...
~chris
Old 10-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #44  
WW Moderator

Alissa, I didn't mean anything rude by 'bursting bubbles' - I was trying to be friendly with you. You didn't find the 3fatchicks group on Yahoo because we keep it closed. We list the link on the site from time to time, but the only way to find the group is to be subscribed to it. That keeps the spam out, because it runs rampant on mailing lists. We aren't backed by a corporation like IVillage, and we don't have large sponsors and paid employees to run the site like they do. We are a more personal site, and I work for free. We and most other sites of our size depend on advertising to even exist. Internet hosting for the amount of traffic this site gets is very expensive. It isn't unusual for us or any privately owned site our size to request no outside advertising. We DO allow use of resources, etc for weight loss, but when the resource is 'hey let's all get together at my place instead' then that isn't really a resource, it's just going elsewhere for the same thing. We recommend other websites all the time when they don't offer what we do, and that includes IVillage.

Elana, thanks for the reply. No hard feelings! I know you didn't have bad intentions.

As far as chatting goes, I know the room is frequently empty. People pop in and back out quickly if nobody is in there, so it is hit and miss unless people plan to meet there at a certain time. This chat room would basically be the same as Yahoo chat - you'd still have to plan a time to be there with everybody. That is actually a plus for you right now. It won't be crowded, so if you make a plan to meet in chat, you'll have lots of privacy.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:16 AM   #45  

Height: 5'-2"

I just wanted to add to what Jennifer said.
You're right; ladies, there often isn't anyone in the chat room. For a while, I was part of a group of people who would arrange a time to meet in the chat room. It worked out well, and although I'm not big on chat rooms, I didn't mind the 10 minutes or so I spent there each morning.
A scheduled time is definitely a good idea, and as Jennifer said, it's never crowded in there, so you can have a really good chat!

Take care, girls, and good luck to all of us with the weight loss!
Closed Thread