Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #1  

Default anyone losing weight for planned pregnancy?

My husband and I are wanting to conceive in the next year. I have hypertension already and have had it since I was 17 years old. I'm trying to lose 55lbs so that I can gain healthy pregnancy weight and make my labor a little easier.

I'm looking for a buddy who may be in the same situation. All of my friends in my area aren't serious enough and I get pretty discouraged without anyone to talk with.

Have a great day everyone..

Lahni
Old 01-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #2  

Hello Lahni,
I would be happy to help support you in your goals. I am thinking of trying to get pregnant this year but have quite a lot of weight to lose first. I have already had 2 healthy pregnancies, no high blood presure or insulin issues but I actually weigh more now than I did when I had my 2nd son and have recently been put on medication to control my insulin levels. I know that it is likely that if I don't get my weight and health under control now the next pregnancy will not be as healthy or safe for me or the baby.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

thanks!
Old 01-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #3  

Thanks. I'm working on changing my eating habits and I got a new fitness video in today and will try it tomorrow morning. I'm just sick to death of getting bigger and bigger. I've never been this big in my life.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:00 PM   #4  

I would like to lose weight now for whenever I do get married and decide to have a baby. I don't want to be stressed and have to worry about losing weight then, so I am trying now. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

My hubby and I are working on baby #2 right now but I am walking and stuff to try and get some weight off. I got down to 153 lbs but in the past 6 months I've gained 20 back. So I need to start ASAP! We have a 16 month old son right now. Email me because I usually only check my email.

[email protected]

Angela
Old 01-27-2005, 07:40 PM   #6  

Im totally in the same position. I want to loose about 40-45 lbs so we can start in JULY!! Maybe we can have a discussion grp.
Im in
Old 01-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #7  

Heck, I would be happy to lose 30-35 lbs to get to 200. As long as I can get pregnant sometime this year I will be happy. I think I may just call it quits and decide that maybe I am not supposed to have anymore it it doesn't happen for me this year. I gave myself a cut-off age and 36 is it (then again I said 35 was it and changed my mind!!) I am afraid that if my son gets out of diapers before I get pregnant I will not want to start all over again. He turns 2 next month and potty training will be in full swing soon.

The clock is ticking!!
Closed Thread